Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

gonna have to get some,,,they look quality

are they a bitch to fit than

not too bad really m8,just had to remove the under dash tray in front of fuse box and the dial surround 8)

just gotta be carefull popping em into the dash as they could easily break!

neil.

Having a docs tidy up and realised my VR's MOT ran out 15 Mar :shock:

Booked in for tomorrow.

So have just washed, shined and spruced up interior all ready.

i had groodridge braided lines fitted , very impressed , much more positive response on the pedal and a lifetime guarantee :-)

Nothing done on Sen tonight, but fitted red switches to JMC's very tasty black G60 and sent him away a very happy chappy!

Cheers for the beers buddy! :D

:drinking:

I'm liking this! Although, I do still need to do your headlight switch and leccy window switches, then we'll talk about those beers... ;)

I've done all me dash switches, and of course the clocks (still got the scars!). Just need the leccy windows and the sunroof switch and i'm away 8-)

The heater panel is all prepped, and printed on paper - just need to get over to Phil's with some ink for his wonder printer to get a decent finish on acrylic....

Timed up my car properly thanks to h100vw sending me the details. Hmm does go better, just need to get the fueling done now! Time for a RR setup me thinks!

the vr passed mot no probs

took the 16v in for new brake fluid today cos can't be bothered to do it myself and now have all the new suspension & steering bits stashed in the boot ready to fit next week.......

I didn't do much, but Gavin did! Cheers man. New fuel filter and timing/throttle cable issues sorted, and it's running like a dream. :thumbleft: :cheers:

Bonnet release cable broke through the week. I picked up the replacement this morning and fitted the new one (£25) this afternoon.

It was a real Bar Steward getting both catches to work on the broken cable. Managed to release one catch, but had to jack the car up and get the other one from underneath.

I now have a bonnet that can open :D

Changed the nearside inner CV joint as the new one that was put on less than 1000 miles ago had split, back to VAG with that old rubber crap.

New plastic jobbers are much easier to fit though. Need to change track rods ends before my visit to Stealth on monday for a 4 wheel align.

Took it out for a spin with a fresh SuperSprint decat (in readiness for the charger) and Eibach ARBs and wow....both highly recommended.

well, I was MEANT to be fitting my new GKN outer CV joints, but I went to the dealers for my new lambda probe and borke down yet again on the way home.

I'm having bother with the fuel pump. I can't find an adhesive that will hold the vr6 fuel pump location ring in the bottom of the tank, and I'm not running the vr6 pump, which doesn't even have a slot for this ring, it's spring loadined off the cap, but since I have a syncro tank it's too deep to work. I'd modified it to fit but it's come loose and the pump was floating around the tank. so once i'd got to less than 3£ of fuel in the tank the pump (now on it's side) was sucking in air. so I had to pull over and try and fix the pump upright in blistering heat at the sode of the road.

Got it sorted na got me home. then had to spend the day sorting out a new way of holding the pump in the tank. did that, but had to tear out the bigger neck I'd plastic welded into the tank. took me all bloody day to weld it back until it was strong enough and sealed up.

Got the lamdba probe in and swapped them round so they are in the right pies at last. The lambda probe error has gone, but the car still isn't 100%. it's revving well, and sounding better than ever, but I'm still getting cam timing errors. need to get the 4 pin brake and clutch swithces fitted and hook up the speedo signal to the ecu before it'll be truly happy.

oh, and I kicked the wheely bin really hard in a fit of frustration.......wished I'd checked to see if it was full first.... (it was, and it f*cking hurt, and now my foot is black and blue)

will be running the car at santa pod tomorrow just to make a noise, I bet it's only putting out 200bhp, if that, but it sounds so good I can't not run.

Polished my inlet manifold, P200, P400, P600 on polisher, then 1200 by hand then mini tool with metal polish. Took me all day, on and off and........................................It looks sh.t !

Had a new windscreen fitted to my Aqua G60 - small stone chip on Tuesday developed into big crack. Autoglass said they had made a mistake and ordered a screen with graduated top tint - would I mind if they fitted it anyway - errrr NO.

Idiots advised that I needed new wiper blades when I picked it up - strange as I had only fitted new ones half an hour before taking the car into them

today i fell out with it again. :(

feckin g turds,im missing the valver on carbs,nice simple power and easy to maintain/work on.

I test-drove an MX-5 with a view to replacing the G60.

Then I walked home from the pub and spent 5 minutes standing in the street drooling over my own car again and realised I'd never feel the same way about an MX-5. Or anything else made in the last 10 years, for that matter.