Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted Black carpet and lots of black Cow hide.

Need lots of black trim now.

Does the madness never stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got my new adaptors look sweet as very nicely made. also spoke to the body shop and added a few more things to their to do list! oh and sold the valver!

washed and vacuumed it, and then some fool stomped in with dirrty shoes and watched me cry for my nice original corrado mats.

Fitted some Iridium NGK plugs. They feel better than the Bosch plugs i removed - smoother idle, more power and no more pinking at low revs. I'm not sure if its because the old plugs were past their best or if the VR prefers the NGK's but it is a nicer drive now :D

Not today but yesterday... Fitted late fogs/indicators (which it is meant to have anyway :roll: ) wiped down and polished roof and sides, put some air in my tyres and enjoyed a blast around some country roads 8)

Well not on the Rado, but on my Mk1 Rocco changed the radiator, flushed the coolant system and refilled with delicious new G12+

Noticed a knackered Infinity 9603i rear speaker in my Rado, started to crack sound-wise, and yup, membrane looks fubar :mad: Will have to look at some longer -lasting speakers, I guess. Quite happy with the Infinity's in my Roccos (but they were the predecessor model, the 6953i (can't help myself to think that those have become the new Kappa range, whereas the Reference 9603 range is of inferior quality to compete in the low-end chav-end of the market ...).

Tempest

Cleaned my wheels because I couldn't be ar5ed to wash the whole car, but I didn't want the salt digging into them too much.

Oh and tightened up a slightly loose inner CV joint which I noticed was clicking.

Jay

Been a busy weekend, lots done..

Yesterday

Collected from spraying (looks great)

Alpine headunit fitted with AiNet

Alpine 5.25" components and tweeters installed up front

JBL 4x6 components installed in rear

JBL 10" bass-tube installed in boot

Rubicon Lil' wonder 5 installed to run it all (wow that am is great)

40mm lowering springs all round (bit low at the front :roll: )

17" MVK10's fitted

Today

Installed replacment VW stearing wheel (airbag version as it looks nicer)

Failed to install Storm wiper kit (not for LHD car :( )

Sorted bonnet opening problems

Fitted parcel shelf straps

Removed spoiler control for new resistor to be installed

Tomorrow

TOAD A101 alarm installed

Busy 3 days... before and after pic coming soon...

Seized up handbrake till it the cable thawed out then the Tunes packed in, only the sub thumps now must be some gremlins in there somewhere. :mad:

Fitted new ignition switch only to find that the battery had gone flat after being left standing for two weeks.

Fitted new reverse switch.

Fitted new speakers.

Not much left to break on it now ......touch wood

Started paint stripping the engine cross member and gearbox end plate. Not that much fun but has to be done. And first day of my christmas Holiday!!!

i spent half an hour furiously testing bits on the new one to try and find something thats wrong... its un-nerving driving one that works after driving the old one.... cant find anything.... gonna go drive her and try again.... :)

spent all the weekend trying to sort out my bumper.

Took of lights, slam panel and the metal bumper from the brackets. Spend 4-5 hours bending the brackets back straight and bending the metal bumper back into shape.

Went and bumper from g60knight and it had the brackets and metal bumper on it!! DOH!!

1days hard work for nothing :E

opened the garage ....looked at the VR in a blank trance ....shut the garage door and went back to bed :lol: to much drink the night before.But there are jobs to be done when I can face it :morning: