Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

today i mostly sat back whilst a pro fitted my screen and tv unit gotta get moving on this pile of stuff i got to get fitted before edition.

today i mostly sat back whilst a pro fitted my screen and tv unit gotta get moving on this pile of stuff i got to get fitted before edition.

dude you gotta see the wiring :lol: got it running today.. not bad :D

you'll have it back by the wkend latest :wink:

Fixed a stubborn heater temp dial that was refusing to go to the full anti clockwise detant and an intermittant blower. There was also no heat at all clockwise. Was a f*'#%pig of a job to get the unit out far enough (after removing dials and facia) to do anything but managed to sort it all out in the end (even more difficult to get the unit back in!) and gave the cogs a good greasing while I was at it (as others advised). Looking at the design behind there I can see why so many have had problems. The light green plastic light matrix is soooo fragile and the copper tab on the blower dial mechanism very easily bent off track.

Lots of threads found when I searched this problem (HEATER and Not working etc) and would not have even attempted it without them. This forum, knowledge base and search fac really are absolute treasure troves!!

:salute: Ahoy me hearties!

ordered the last of the small bits like the twin intake,springs and shoxs,gauge pod (no need for a radio i can't here it any more)small filter for isv so i can bin the boost return,

in about two weeks its time for the big one,a full engine build cnc head, front mount cooler ,a few more bhp and a very low bank balance

Ive washed mine again, fitted a bonnet strut so it lifts itself and finally reached 250 miles so now the charger is worn in i can get some right foot action im sick of being had off the lights... :norty:

Replaced my dead lambda probe - now all happy again. Also recently fitted the DDI sills, and mirrors, and SNS gear knob, and smaller aerial. Nice to be back working on it again :)

Fitted a new front engine mount under the expert guidance of 2cc and Tempest and also identified where my slow coolant leak is - the big pink 'beard' under the flange on the front of the head sort of gives it away ;)

Really big thanks to Tempest for use of his garage space and tools, and 2cc for being so patient whilst I asked stupid questions on think what has to be my first proper DIY job on any of my cars!

You wouldn't believe the mummified POS that was the old front engine mount tho.. i'll be sure to get a picture of it for your amusements!

Picked up new wheels & leather handbrake handle form PhillT. Gave the insides of the wheels a damn good clean, and fitted them. Took the car to my local tyre place to get new tyres fitted + tracking/laser allignment only to be told they were shutting early 'cos they were of to a wedding in Swindon :roll:

Tyres & allignment on Monday then!

Oh well, might as well add:

Since Wednesday eve, when my neighbour dropped off the new rad, that had arived for my C, I worked on fitting that and the new aircon condenser, refitted slam panel etc., but used the extra pair of hands offered by 2cc and Jim to get the friggin bumper with some really adventurous wiring (previous owner skimped on wiring lengths :-() back on and aligned up again, before the thermoswitch for the rad fan had to be given some more TLC, as during the first start-up, water p*ssed out at that point :oops:

Hope the aircon system is tight and sealed ready for a regas, so that I might still be able to enjoy the last few summery bits in an aircon Rado :shock:

Tempest

Monday i enjoyed driving Zed to his new home.

Today fitted my purple sfs charger hoses, swapped tailgate, washed him, fitted zimmermann disks and ebc reds.

Coated all the leather with some proper hide polish - umm !! :D

Cleaned up engine bay area, vacummed inside

TODAY I FITTED MY BARGAIN MOONROOF!!!!!!!

Bought from scrappers when searching for beemer bits.....spotted a manky Passat from afar....with a sunroof......thinks "no way is there a moonroof on that"...but guess what....YES THERE WAS......sent hubby to car to get tools.....told him to ask how much cos was not going to pay excessive amount.....took it out.....went to pay....."HOW MUCH?" "THAT'LL BE A TENNER DUCK!!!!!!!" My god never moved so fast......so its been sitting on the back seat of the golf for 2 months....and today decided that it was time to fit......all done and dusted in 2 hours despite the tight fit on the roof lining getting back in....looks great......SO THANKS TO HENNY FOR ADVICE!!!!!...THANKS TO THE SCRAPPERS FOR NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS.....THANKS TO HUBBY FOR DOING MOST OF THE WORK!! and thank god it works.....Hope this one doesnt leak!!!! :D

Today I spent quite a few hundred £'s on new ferodo brake pads, new front/rear engine and gearbox mounts, Neuspeed rear ARB, VAG rear beam bushes, and will be popping into Goodridge tomorrow to see about getting some braided hoses. Once that's all arrived should be having it all fitted later in the week. Since the mounts and rear bushes are on their last legs I reckon I should notice a bit of difference!!! 8)

inky, good work fitting that on your own! I wouldn't even trust myself to change the oil :oops:

Today I spent quite a few hundred £'s on new ferodo brake pads, new front/rear engine and gearbox mounts, Neuspeed rear ARB, VAG rear beam bushes, and will be popping into Goodridge tomorrow to see about getting some braided hoses. Once that's all arrived should be having it all fitted later in the week. Since the mounts and rear bushes are on their last legs I reckon I should notice a bit of difference!!! 8)

inky, good work fitting that on your own! I wouldn't even trust myself to change the oil :oops:

Be quite happy changing a sunroof again but sod the oil let the garage do it!! How do you get to the oil filter?! :scratch:

I removed the carbon canister on my G60 today to make some room so can get some cold air upto the induction kit....

how easy did you find it and what did you do with wires etc have been thinking of doing it but dont know where to start :?

Pushed mine out of the drive cos it wouldn't start and the missus needed to get her flog out to go to work :cry:

(just the battery hopefully)

Yep - new battery fitted!

Went and got a mates CD out of the glove box.

I sat in there for 5 mins too, and you know what I was thinking?

"I was mad thinking of selling this"