Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Ok.. reccomend some cars! (

the 406 coupes are so slow though, agreed it is a nice looking car but its SO heavy and even in 2.5 v6 is underpowered. imho.

go get a skyline :p

Jim i was gonna recommend a Golf mk3 VR6 too - its one crazy machine - very powerful engine in a fairly light chasis - great engine noise too! I would definately have a look at the Seat Cupra also - and how about a Honda Civic type R ( outside your price range i guess ).

It depends a lot on what cars you've had before and what you've liked and what you are lookin for in your future drive.

the 406 coupes are so slow though, agreed it is a nice looking car but its SO heavy and even in 2.5 v6 is underpowered. imho.

go get a skyline :p

It may be heavy, but it has a "Pininfarina" badge on the side ;) :lol:

I'll stick a "Pininfarina" badge on the side of a Skyline if you want one! good rates to Forum members ;-)

Chris

:lol: Coool. If you put a Wolfsburg Edition one on there too then I'll take it :p

And the 406 Coupe is a 3.0 V6. No poxy 2.5 litre rubbish there.. Shade under 200 horses and more torque than the VR6, nothing to complain about I'd say. It's also a peugeot, so it weighs about 20% of a mid-range Passat too...

I would seriously consider a 406 Coupe V6 if parking weren't so tight in my street...

The 2.2 HDi is supposed to be a cracking engine, too.

Aye, even the diesel is supposed to be good.

Nice point about the weight tho... it is French, so even if it started off live quite heavy, it'll be at least 15% lighter now :lol:

any updates Jim?

I enjoy a good "I want a new car debate", on that subject did anyone see Evo last month / month before with the 20 old/new car test for £20k

gimme that TVR over the M5 (puts on flamesuit)

Well you'll need it, the TVR will certainly break down a lot more ;) :lol:

Its a bit old man but.. I couldn't help but notice you can get X reg 2.0 VTEC Honda Accords with leather, aircon, etc for around the £5000 mark.. lots of car for not a lot of money and you can't beat Honda reliability.

Just waititing till payday on the 22nd so I can clear my loan and sort my new one, and then i'll let you know what i'm looking around at :)

I enjoy a good "I want a new car debate", on that subject did anyone see Evo last month / month before with the 20 old/new car test for £20k

Yep I read that. My money would be on the M5 most definitely. The TVR was only good because it was a good one (for a change).

The M5 has real world usability, comfort, gadgets and practicality, a stonkingly good engine and Qudos by the bucket load.... not to mention one of the best chassis in the business....on ANY car.

Glad to see Evo rate the MK5 GTI because I really like that too.

And Rowan Atkinson in a MG XV-Power, LOL!... it's just wrong... Mr Bean should be in his green mini with padlocks.

He'll be lucky.. they were reporting on the news last night now that the the unit thats building those X-Powers (despite being a seperate entity from MG) has, like the rest of Rover and MG, gone into administration.

Wonder if they are gonna stop building em now then?

Its a bit old man but.. I couldn't help but notice you can get X reg 2.0 VTEC Honda Accords with leather, aircon, etc for around the £5000 mark.. lots of car for not a lot of money and you can't beat Honda reliability.

Just waititing till payday on the 22nd so I can clear my loan and sort my new one, and then i'll let you know what i'm looking around at :)

The older shape Hondas are still a bit old-man like, but I must say I do love the look of the latest shape Accords and the Mazda 6 as well actually.

Accords are great. Type-V is superb- a Type-R for less money with more torque.

A mate of mine has a 1.8, and it's a beautiful car. OK, it's a little annonymous but it's so well put together, nice leather, climate etc. Honda reliability.

hmmm...after reading all these suggestions its confirmed in my mind.....i'd rather pierce my own b*&^*^s than sell my raddo...unless it was to buy another raddo!...

another thing to think about with "other" cars is that theres a good chance its value will depreciate alot quicker than our dearly beloveds?? :angel:

didnt he have a maclaren f1 which did a poor impression of kitt from knightrider? (drove into the back of a truck)

You mean Rowan Atkinson? I also remember him having a 456GT as well, he's into his cars.

Jim it maybe a little over your budget and I know you're not too bothered about extreme performance but the Mitsu Galant VR4 isn't a bad car and often overlooked.

hmmm...after reading all these suggestions its confirmed in my mind.....i'd rather pierce my own b*&^*^s than sell my raddo...unless it was to buy another raddo!...

another thing to think about with "other" cars is that theres a good chance its value will depreciate alot quicker than our dearly beloveds?? :angel:

True, depreciation may be heavier on other cars but will we spend as much maintaining 'other' cars?

Its six and two-threes mate.. my Saxo depreciated like hell, but nothing broke in the year I owned it (small miracle considering its a Citroen actually)

My Corrado's on the other hand didnt depreciate as much but cost lots of money to keep on the road.I'm happy to lose money through a little depreciation rather than just be out of pocket each month as repairs and running costs take their toll..

Basically just what vr6corrado said ;)

so go sensible if its just down to running costs....get a valver..i spent £2000 on mine 10 months ago.. it had 86k on the clock...ive done just under 20k since including a trip to spain and have had to spend relitivly little...and if i sold my car now i reckon i wouldnt have a problem getting what i paid for it...g60's and vr6's are expensive to run...but the little ole valver is alot cheaper

surely its more to do with the fact that u want a new drivin buzz??

corrados dont have to cost mega money?? :p

Oh yeah, good point about the Galants. For some strange reason, I really like those. They're about 300ft long, but they're still pretty rare and they've got a bit of the old X factor...