Sign in to follow this  
ghee60

Door card removal

Probably really straight forward but how do u get the door cards off, the door handle is stopping it from coming off and I cant see a way of removing it

did this for the first time this weekend with a little help, much easier than previous cars i've taken the doorcards off!

The center of the grab handle pulls out and theres 2 screws underneith (bolts on my driver side) which you need to undo, then the entire plastic section should come away. I think theres another screw under there but it was missing on mine. lift the door opening handle and slide the surround back and it should come out. Theres some screws around the outer edge of the doorcard which are easy enough to spot, then theres one behind the speaker grille. I found it easier to pop the little triangle off the front edge of the window frame too, then the card just lifts up out of the clips at the bottom (dont pull them like i did, they snap!)

mines the late interior, early ones may be different!

Nope i can vouch, early interior pretty much the same - big fat flat blade in the underside of the interior handle, twist and Bob's yer uncle!

Oh and so you know - it doesn't have to come off to replace the door handle :oops: I thought id did lol

it does need to come off if you're replacing the handle on a VR saysomestuff, they have an extra wire you need to plug in :)

Damnit, couldn't find the screw behind the speaker grille. I even took the speaker grille off and looked at the speaker, but that was all I saw: speaker..

Where is that elusive last screw??

from memory, you want to be looking at the bottom right of the speaker hole. Mine didnt have any speakers in when i first took the doorcards off, which might have made it easier for me to find...actually I'm not sure it'd be all that visible or accessible with the speakers in place...hmmm!

Hmm, I think I could feel the thing from when I was fiddling around behind the door card, and if I was right, it should be on the "front" side of the speaker (I was taking the driver's door card off - so the left).

I simply couldn't see a screw head behind the grille, even though I was fully aware that there simply had to be another bolt somewhere down there...

.. weeellll I was trying to support the door card with my right hand, and kneeling on the floor, and ...

Yeah, obviously I missed it. I'll have to do it all again anyway, so hopefully I'll spot it now I know it exists..!

fairly straight forward if i remember correctly mate....i think you have to remove the rear top mount covers (( with the speakers in )) but other than that its a couple of screws i think.

then the card just lifts up out of the clips at the bottom

careful of these they are obsolete!

i think you have to remove the rear top mount covers

nah you dont mate just pull the rear seats down.

yeah...but once you've pulled the seat forward, the door card has a hole that goeas around the pin that secures the seat......to get the card off this pin i had to remove the plastic doo-darrs that cover the top mounts......maybe i'm just weird.? :?