BigTartanJudge

The Judge's G60, total rebuild...finished (almost) NEW PICS

I think the colour of this car is spot on, works really well, what was it originally?

Porsche Turbo rims on the car = lets see some pics...

No pics of her on the Porsche Turbo splits at mo, will try and get some up soon. And not sure of the exact paint-code but it is reasonably dark blue. That said I have not seen another corrado painted in Subaru Sonic Blue metallic before, closest I have seen is flusted's on here, which is painted in the R32 blue, close but slightly different.

Assuming my Brembo's will fit behind these new wheels, the Porsche Turbo splits MIGHT be up for sale in a few months time, depending on how I take to them when I fit the new BBS RK's on for over winter, I might just keep them on for good.

I think the colour of this car is spot on, works really well, what was it originally?

Porsche Turbo rims on the car = lets see some pics...

I'd like to see pics of the porka rims... swap for my RC's :lol:

Ok, sorry pics not great and car not clean but you get the idea, also need coilovers fitted ! Not sure if going to be keeping the Porsche Turbo twist splits now, deps on how she looks when the winter BBS RKII's are put on this weekend (and assuming when Brembo's get fitted they fit behind the winter wheels).

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

Yes Roddy, I am aware that they are not genuine OEM Porsche wheels, but that they are Eta Beta Porsche Cup3 wheels, also known as / commonly called "Porsche Turbo Twists",

Cheers

they look good on there,drop it first as the stance will make them look ahole lot better 8) the hole in the front bumper brings back memories of my old raddo :( but i like the plate at the bottom off centre from the front of the bumper,still looks ace bud !

EDIT ....Goldie beat me :lol:

When new reg goes on next week hopefully........yep B19 VWC is going on retention for the moment.........will be getting shortened plate for front and either keep it in same location or try and fix using some brackets to elsewhere on the bumper. The wheels do look really good though and yes will look much better when coilovers are on and car settles down on them.

I can't really leave the plate in the middle as that would defeat the purpose of having the bumper cut-out and covered by colour-coded mesh which serves to feed cold air directly into the large FMIC.

Yes Roddy, I am aware that they are not genuine OEM Porsche wheels, but that they are Eta Beta Porsche Cup3 wheels, also known as / commonly called "Porsche Turbo Twists",

Cheers

its just that tho............a) there is no such thing as a Porsche Cup 3 wheel and b)Porsche Turbo twists are Hollow spoke one piece wheels in an 18 inch size(as OE fitment on 993 TT's)

so really its a bit of a misnomer calling them Porsche wheels let alone Porsche Turbo twists

as here is what the real Porsche Turbo Twists look like

turbo1.jpg

Am not really that bothered, as "Porsche Turbo Twist" split-rims is what there are commonly "known-as" / "referred-to" as in dub circles, but ok, to be 100% correct they are Eta Beta split-rims in 5x130PCD Porsche fitment, but thanks again Roddy for the heads-up.

B19 VWC now on retention certificate, just gotta get the new plates made up and put the new registration on, pretty good this one I'll think you will agree..... :wink:

Think the BBS RKII's will be going on soon too to avoid destroying the Porsche rims over winter. Also got new VR6 top-tint windscreen fitted as old one had 2 cracks near the top.

Well, over a year to the day since I last posted on my own thread........Have not made much progress with actual car, due to training for new job, being away with new job a lot and the diagnosis of a terminal illness within my family. Also came back from work last trip away having been away 2.5 weeks, woke up next day and found car clamped.......£250 later car released, car MOT'd, tax bought and sound lesson learned.

Have collected most of the parts now to finish her off and just got my new wheels today. Well pisse* off at the guy that sold me them though, as at no point was there any mention of the fact that two of the tyres are damaged and need replaced :-( Still waiting for him to get in touch regarding these wheels and another part I bought off 10 weeks ago, yes 10 weeks ! Oh and he is a member on here.

I am liking the brakes though......mmmnnn Brembo goodness, although not finished with them yet. Wheels will be coming off and then will have choice of them or new wheels for when weather improves. My hunt for winter wheels continues......

P161208_224701.jpg

Can you tell what they are yet ?

DSC00562.jpg

All new rear brakes

P201108_183401.jpg

Mmmmm, Brembo goodness !

P201108_1834.jpg

P161208_2303.jpg

Just a few bits to get fitted......

Well winter wheels arrived 0830am, brand-new refurbished (few weeks back) and there was NO protection on any of the rims, argghhhh ! No there is a multitude of scratches and chips on them all from there trip up here, boo-hoo well pissed off ! Notime to get them on today though and not in mood now anyways to be honest.

P241208_0856.jpg

P241208_0857.jpg

Well having picked up a really nice interior (cheers Kris) a few weeks back now, I got round to fitting the MJ-retrimmed black leather with blue alcantara centres F+R seats and rear doorcards (forgot what a PITA job they were :? ). Front doorcards will be a bit more hassle, as am going from early to late fittings and have to mess around with wiring and stuff. Also, have to get the gearshift gaitor, headlining, sunroof trim, visors etc. in too, as it's a complete interior I bought, however, this will do for now.

So, there will be a complete early black leather interior for sale very shortly :wink:

Anyways, had always liked this interior when it was in Tom Ingrams old charged VR6, think it looks ace and matches paintwork very well. Just needs a good clean really now. See pics below:

P190409_153701.jpg

P190409_153301.jpg

P190409_1537.jpg

P190409_1533.jpg

Fitted my MJ-trimmed blue alcantara gearshift gaitor to centre plastic trim along with Daves stainless surround and fitted DLS Reference 6.5" compnent front speakers into late-doorpods and fixed to doorcards.

Still got lots of blue-trimmed bits to fit in but they are all awkward blighters...and still got the new late front doorcards to fit.

P250409_1427.jpg

P250409_1428.jpg

P250409_1437.jpg

P250409_143701.jpg