BigTartanJudge

The Judge's G60, total rebuild...finished (almost) NEW PICS

Well B19 VWC should be out of the bodyshop by this Friday, having been in there since the 9th of May :roll:

Watch this space for new pics folks.....

Cheers

UPDATE

Here is some spy shots of her. Still in the bodyshop Just waiting for new headlight adjusters so I can fit new headlights and window scraper / rubber as old one was warped. Then have following to do:

Get last engine bits fitted - car to be transported 250 miles to garage for custom remapping using wideband etc., then get her MOT'd

Pick-up gearbox and get it fitted

Fit suspension

Fit brakes

Full retrim (black leather or half-leather / blue alcantara ??)

Few other minor bits and pieces to do here and running out of time before debut at edition38 hopefully

Cheers

Ok,

Can't seem to post pics as too large and my image editing software won't resize them can I send them to someone who can resize and post them up ?

Cheers

Yeah think the colour really suits the car IMO. Looks amazing when the sun hits is and purpley sparkle bits thru it ! Just need to get the window rubber on and headlights fitted when adjusters arrive and SELL MY WHEELS so I can get it back from bodyshop.

I would say that the Sony Ericsson k750i has the best digital camera on the market, amazing quality as you can see from the pics above. Yeah sorry, car been sitting out for 10 days since they finished the bodywork and has got messed up woith dust and bird carp but will be sorted soon !

Rear bumper has been debadged and smoothed with rear towing eye removed and really lovin' the smoothed mirrors too. Front bumper was a pain to get looking right i.e mesh totally flush with front face of bumper and T4 transporter van vent looks almost factory (should I mesh it behind u reckon ?) but also hard to get right said bodyshop as the vent supplied had to trimmed and then shaped to avoid the major side swageline,

Just can't wait now !

Cheers

really lovin' the smoothed mirrors too

:oops: probably would have helped if I put pics of those on then - all done now ^^^

T4 transporter van vent looks almost factory (should I mesh it behind u reckon ?)

TBH I don;t think it needs it mate, i'd put it on is if theres a danger of the inner wing filling up with crud and there's no drainage though.

Car coming out of bodyshop friday to be sent to be remapped and the engine finished / gearbox installed, brakes and suspension fitted etc. Also just got a quote from Brentacre, really helpful guy I spoke to, and top quote too of £580 for my agreed values with mods declared and recently acquired points too. Was only 80 wuid more than last year with HiC !

Watch this space for more pics etc.

Cheers

Like the leather handbrake gaitor looks good from that angle.

I take it the seats are not original in the car then if you have an early bonnet as they were only fitted in that colour for 22 months.

Well I've had an arse of a day so far.

Went up to the bodyshop to pay my xs this morning [provd very difficult having to find £450 a few days before christmas](having asked the bodyshop to charge the battery overnight, no probs they said....). Got there, owner was away, battery hadn't been charged up and car was dead.

So, got the battery fast-charged but still wouldn't start. So got my mate up to jump-start me, then found the ignition switch is defo gone, rally have to wrestle with key to get her to catch. So kept her running, went up to petrol station, gave her £30 of V-power, seeme to be running smooth, but gearbox starting to feel "difficult".

Drove about town for a while, then noticed clutch pedal had started to drop closer and closer to floor. Then started to get more and more difficult to get 1st and 2nd gear. Traffic a nightmare by this point in town, and having to keep in 1st gear and even with clutch pressed right to floor car was still wanting to go, not a good sign.........Eventually got nearly home and then had to try and reverse into a space......wrong move. Car now stuck in reverse gear !

Tried with both hands to get shifter out of reverse to no avail......then all of a sudden she popped out of her own accord. Clutch pedal now right on fllor without being pressed........Left her in neutral and managed to roll into a space thank god...........so I've really just about had it now.

Garages are all shut now so can't get her sorted before xmas and most not open now until the 3rd of January, so although got car back from the bodyshop it really hasn't improved matters at all if not exacerbated them ! And I'm still stuck without transport !

Don't think it can be clutch as had the new VR6 helix clutch put in only 70 miles ago. Am thinking synchromesh in box gone or maybe cables snapped ?? It now won't go into any gear at all..........And got the bloody ignition switch to get sorted now too..going to be an expensive New Year methinks.....

If the clutch pedal is on the floor then it's a good bet that the clutch master-cylinder has failed. They're only about £30-£40 I believe.

Or the slave cylinder Struan. 2 bolts and the hydaulic line to remove. Real easy to do. Should get you back up and running in no time.

when that happened to my G60, my first thought was clutch slave, didnt work and turned out to be clutch release bearings. 1 new clutch solved that!

Well looks as tho will prob be the slave or master cylinder then. Haven't been out and checked under bonnet or on ground for signs of fluid yet as been working a lot.

Can't be the clutch tho as it was new and installed bout 70 miles ago, if that.

Will just have to leave her until after New Year now though as garages / part places all shut till 2nd / 3rd January. Hopefully have her back on the road again soon tho, and get her finished off for the shows next year !

Cheers

Right, she will hopefully be back on the road Saturday. She has been off the road for a few months while I saved up to get the heater matrix done (yes, guess coulda done it myself but coulda be done with the hassle and wanted it done and outta the way) and then MOT.

She has passed, woo hoo, so roll-on Saturday afternoon. Need to get together the last few bits for her once she back on raod then get her booked in end-July / start August, to get everything fitted in time for ed38 hopefully !

Cheers

Nice to see you back around.. I thought you had long gone due to not seeing you around for a while

Picked up a set of wheels I won on eBay last week, think they look pretty good ?

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00005-1.jpg

They are newly-refurbed 7.5x17" BBS RKII 2-piece splits fitted with 205/40 R17 all round.

Just got to decide whether to put these on or stick with the Porsche Turbo Splits I also have and which are currently on her.