BigTartanJudge

The Judge's G60, total rebuild...finished (almost) NEW PICS

Here's the colour's I am considering for the wheels:

Dark anthracite:

Dark anthracite in metallic without any blue additions. My opinion.

Cycled past this at some point last year/early this year in Aberdeen. Thought it was a nice example and was wondering what it was since there was a FMIC. Engine bay will look amazing once finished!

Found what I'd been looking for complete still wearing old registration :clap:

P1000180.jpg

Now just have to decide what to do, as due to the total ambiguity of current number plate laws, I'm not sure a US-sized plate will go down too well (even tho as long as plate meets size reg's it should be fine (5-digit registration so will fit).

Old engine has now been sold on finally, freeing up more funds for further work. Here's some more recent pics:

586.jpg

587.jpg

591.jpg

609.jpg

596.jpg

615.jpg

616.jpg

IMAG0287a.jpg

IMAG0282-1.jpg

Also, looking for opinions on the front grille set-up, options are colour-coded Rieger, colour-coded debadged 3-slat or black debadged 3-slat.

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

looking good, any more clues on the final engine set up yet ;)

As for the grill, its the black debadged for me, although the colour coded rieger does look pretty good against the in pro's.

The bay and engine looks great , coded grill or black de-badged would look great , must say though standard lights would finish it off ,each to there own though .

Great build thread and an inspirational G60 also ..... that thing is going to absolutely fly

i think the black badgeless four-slat grill is best or even paint the eyebrow gloss black for contrast from the blue

Saw my rado for the first time in nearly two years today in the flesh, wow.....great to finally meet you John :-)

I hope you had your camera with you !

Was great to meet you yesterday at the Workshop, a total surprise, and a complete pleasure to talk you through our works to date on your Corrado. A few more additions to fit, and a re-map away from final road testing, before you can take her back home to Scotland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw your car in John's workshop before you did Stru!

I have to say it was looking fantastic... I have some piccys from when I went down to have my new box and coilies fitted. Ill post them up tomorrow!

Troy.

Some latest pics, enjoy. Keeping some features under wraps for now though.

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

015.jpg

193.jpg

106.jpg

017.jpg

006.jpg

010-1.jpg

018.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

Edited by BigTartanJudge

Looks very very nice. When can I see it in real on Aberdeen streets again ??

Blimey, it's got nearly as many gauges as mine, lol. Looking forward to seeing this one when it's done :)

So been thinking about wheels and not sure the Compo's are going to cut-it in the end.....torn between two sets of wheels I have, one which we all know and love (or hate?) but I know the rado would look so right on them but lets face it, they're nothing new OR go for something possibly even rarer, certainly a little edgy (I've never seen a Corrado on them before) with some nice little detailing touches.

Only problem I can forsee is getting the second set to fit over my brakes (never tried them for clearance), although that said, both sets of wheels under consideration are 16" and will require adapters to fit due to stud pattern differences.

However, I know the first set will definetely fit depending on width of adapters chosen (a hard one to decide) and they don't currently need refurbed (gloss black centres with polished outers already) = whole lot less hassle.

Am thinking black wrinkle/textured finish or matte gold for the centres if I go with option two for the wheels, opinions welcome ?

Right, feedback required on which wheels and which centre-colour to go with.

Should I ditch the matt-black Compomotive MO's and go with the 3-pc split-rim option, and if so which colour option to go with as follows ?

1. Colour-coded centres (Subaru Sonic Blue Metallic)

2. Black matt-wrinkle/crackle centres

3. Gold (prob matt-finish) coloured centres

Opinions welcome :-)

Would need to see some full on side shots of the car first ;)

But from What I can see I think the MOs look Very nice, you could try them for a while and see how you feel, or even have them as a winter option if that's in your budget.

I personally wouldn't go colour coded on splits as I think it will be too much of a colour clash. Too much blue IMO but I might be wrong.

Black suits the blue if you like a mean stealth look or gold could be a winner, some subtly bling as on scoobys. Someone handy with photoshop would be helpful to try and gauge what colours match :)