BigTartanJudge

The Judge's G60, total rebuild...finished (almost) NEW PICS

Some new pics of work ongoing on my rado. Am undecided on the colour of the wheels though, maybe because they are such a contrast to the body-colour ? Possibly dark anthracite / grey would look better ?

Comments welcome.

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Complete new brakes and suspension

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Complete refurbisbment of front subframe, rack and front panel

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

Compomotive MO 7 X 16" wheels with new Falken rubber

IMG_0358.jpg

What goes in here ??

Some more pics of other tasty additions 8) :

Rising rate adjustable FPR

IMG_0631-1.jpg

Billet fuel rail (which was supplied with totally the wrong type of fittings :? :brickwall: )

IMG_0632.jpg

New OEM tanks and oil catch-can, with Samco's in background

IMG_0630.jpg

Bosch HID ballast and water-injection pump location

IMG_0629.jpg

New brake fluid reservoir and master cylinder

IMG_0397.jpg

New cable linkages, clutch cylinder etc.

IMG_0384.jpg

DETAILS!!!! I demand a spec!!

Negative ghostrider, all in good time. Spec will be posted when she is in and running :wink:

Tease :wink:

Very nice mate. Looking like a very comprehensive piece of work indeed!

Very nice mate. Looking like a very comprehensive piece of work indeed!

Cheers Jim, there will be very few parts that won't have been replaced with new OEM or uprated versions when it's finished.....as my bank balance will testify :eek:

With such a powerfull and well spec'd G60 engine being replaced the last thing I expected was another 8v with G lader. However good to see you are staying faithfull to the original, surely you can't get significantly more power than the last one? but you can't beat the reasurance of a fresh build.

With such a powerfull and well spec'd G60 engine being replaced the last thing I expected was another 8v with G lader. However good to see you are staying faithfull to the original, surely you can't get significantly more power than the last one? but you can't beat the reasurance of a fresh build.

Looking back, I would have liked to go 16VG60, but ultimately I had made the decision by that point to stay 8V and I had been collecting & hoarding parts for nearly 3 years for this specific goal. No your right, will probably only see another 25-30 BHP but with all the extra mods should see a good increase in torque. Plus agreed, I have the added peace of mind of a fresh build etc, with all new parts, resulting in what is essentially a complete new engine.

Additionally, brakes, suspension etc. are all new, in fact, most parts used are either new or refurbished.

Going by your last engine thats a figure of around 270 bhp for an 8v G60 must be one seriously spec'd engine! looking forward to details, nice build by the way.

Right, looking for opinions on what to do with the wheels, these will be the main day to day wheels, I have another set in mind to fit for fairer weathers etc.

Thing is, I'm not 100 % convinced on the colour of the MO's, think they are possibly just too much of a contrast (plus, although not kerbed, they could do with a repaint anyways). So....was thinking about giving them a colour-change to maybe dark anthracite, what do peeps think ?

So good to see this car getting the treatment it deserves. :clap: Well done lad.

As for the wheels, I'd stay silver ever time. Are the 7's wide enough for you?

So good to see this car getting the treatment it deserves. :clap: Well done lad.

As for the wheels, I'd stay silver ever time. Are the 7's wide enough for you?

Cheers Paul, aye it is, took me long enough. But had to take some time to build-up funds and finish collecting parts, plus with my mum passing away after her illness last year and being away so much, car-related things kinda took a major backseat for a while. There was never going to be any point in doing a half-arsed job of things, wanted to go the whole hog, in some ways kinda as a tribute.

Not convinced on the standard silver option at all, 7" are wide enough for the Brembo's but other wheels I will be fitting are a little wider. Don't want to be fitting silly widths, or going for this "stanced" nonsense :camp:

good effort, perfect job but about the wheels I don't like them at all but it's my personal opinion. If You really fancy about them and like to keep them I would paint them in dark gray metallic paint

Here's the colour's I am considering for the wheels:

Lighter anthracite:

MO1777_l.jpg

922b192c-3ef9-4d47-9132-994cbe7ee5f.jpg

Ignore the Blue Oval.....

Wheel4-1.jpg

Dark anthracite:

MO1776_l.jpg

img0320-46kkqp9tx.jpg

img0321-1i7emzkq.jpg

And the rank outsider, standard silver:

MO1675_l.jpg

Finish can either be satin or metallic, either way, wheels will have blue detailing touch's i.e. valves, decals and centre-caps, opinions peoples ??