Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

Scarletts Valver... (new pix page 3!)

hey guys n gals...

just got sent this by my mate, its a little collection of pics he took of Scarlett after she got her new shoes on....!!!

..... and before anyone says it, i know she needs lowered!!!!

(any of the mods fancy shortening the link for me..... phuleaseeee??)

My car

nice looker!...has anyone mentioned the fact that it could do with a little drop? :wink: .....it'll compliment those shoes nicely! :D

p.s....the dogging joke was begging...but i left it.....

Sweeeet!

You could do with blacking up your front splitter though. I use cheap tyre silk from wilkos to treat the black trim on my car. Spray it onto a sponge then apply so you don’t get any on your paint work. Also this stuff wears off a little bit at first and doesn’t make it too shiny like some other products do. Also, I don’t recommend any of that "back to black" stuff because when it wears off it leaves your trim looking very very grey!!!

CaiosG60 PWR, thanks for that.... all of her black bits have gone very grey... the splitter needs replaced, its all split (?) and its covered in oil from her previous oil leak.... something else to do to her, will add it to the list..... :)

p.s....the dogging joke was begging...but i left it.....

This is a dark day, the corradowales we knew is gone... replaced by a... a... non double-entendre slinging politically correct dude... *snif*

Nice C, drop it - you won't regret it. :D

Is it visibly damaged? cracks, bad scuffs, etc. If not then you don’t need to replace it unless you really want a brand new one.

The oil will clean off, may need some degreaser to clean it like Gunk or even a little WD40 then soap and water. Then treat it with something to make it black again. If you use a sponge like I said above you can treat everything black on the car, even window seals, handles, etc. Just be careful to avoid getting any on the paint as it takes many washes to get the greasy residue off again.

splitter is all cracked... was thinking bout putting the 40mm one on anyway when she gets dropped so i can still get her in the drive.... will definately just get it cleaned up and hopefully back to black before the VW show in June.......

right... thought I should update this thread as the C's looking a little different now!!!

she's not completely finished (are they ever???) but I think she's looking good .... Dave (gradeAfailure) has done a lot of the work for me so I won't even attempt to claim any credit for how she's looking now!!!

have also started getting somewhere on the mechanical/electrical issues - finally!!! she now starts without problems, am running at a constant 90deg coolant temp instead of the 110-120 we were getting and I have central locking working again!!! yay!!!

best bit is the 2 new front seats.... am on the lookout for a back bench with the hump to have the centre sections done the same, and will have the door cards done too!!!

am still struggling with choosing wheels for her... the plan is to drop her 40mm and get her another set of new shoes!!! any suggestions guys????

anyway... here's Scarlett when I got her...

small1.jpg

and here she is now...!!!

low.jpg

seats.jpg

sidearty.jpg

thanks!!! I am just so pleased that she works!!!! no more rolling her down hills to bump start her!!! wooooooooo hooooooooooo!!!!

its just good to finally be getting somewhere with her......

........ or, more aptly that Daves getting somewhere with her!!!! :D

........ or, more aptly that Daves getting somewhere with her!!!! :D

PMSL :lol:

Just put his name on the V5, it's gonna happen eventually!

Looking good, those seats really finish off the interior nicely. They Kett's old BBS's too? 8)

am struggling for wheels at the mo... my estorils are gubbed and the tsw's are a tyre short, kerbed and possibly a bit squinty... so borrowed the BBS's for the pic..... have no idea what wheels to get for her and need it done before E38.... :roll:

and anyway... i think Dave is just fed up with me moaning bout the car so thought he'd sort it so he'd get peace.....!!!

Very nice seats, I'm glad you're happy with them Cool

yeah... cheers again.... i love 'em!!! didnt want to get out of the car last nite when we got home, and found myself standing looking at em and grinning a couple of times today... the hunt for the back bench starts now!!!! :)

I reckon for an £800 knacked valver she's coming along nicely...!

Hmmm, might ba about time I did some work on mine soon...! :lol:

Please don't kirb my rims... I'm sure there off now anyway ;)

looking sweet in the shots though! Would sell the rims but tbh they aint worth all that much and I like them and want them for sprinting the C when it eventually works... plus they need to go back on mine before it goes to stealth as one of my tyres is borderline dodgy 8)

Lookin good....8)

Why does every Corrado that I see look better than mine? :cry:

Those seats are cracking, and I have to say that I for one really like those BBS' (but then I too have a Red Valver with the same wheels so I guess I'm biased).

Why does every Corrado that I see look better than mine?

there are very few that look better than yours mate... its one of my favourites on here!!!!!

thanks for the comments tho... there were a few times when i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally regretted buying her instead of something in a bit better condition...!!! have still got stuff to do but at least i can start thinking about the more fun stuff like seats n stereos rather than just worrying over whether she will actually start for me!!!! :D