Sign in to follow this  
Pablos

Porsche Rims

Hi

I'm thinking of fitting 7.5 x 17 inch Porsche alloys (either Cup 1's from 964/993 or standard Boxster items) to my 1990 16v once I've fitted the uprated suspension (probably Koni coilovers). It's currently running on 4 stud and I know I can get adapters to fit the 5 stud Porsche rims. Has anyone experience of doing this and are there any issues/problems that you know of? (e.g. clearance or offset).

Thanks

I have fitted porsche Cup 3's to my 4 stud G60

Make sure the wheels you get are all 7.5Jx17 and get them with an ET of around 52mm.

H&R then do 4x100 to 5x130 stud adapters, get 25mm ones and the wheels will fill your arches perfectly. See my members gallery!!

The adapters aren't cheap though at £250 for the set of 4, but are TUV Approved and made of alloy. Steel ones of that size are far too heavy - avoid them.

Doh!!! Members galleries as opposed to personal galleries!!!

Found the pictures, it's an awesome motor - very impressed.. :D

The only 7.5x17 wheels Porsche do are from the 968 and have an offset of 65 (although 964RS's have magnesium 7.5x17 et 55 but are about £700-£1000 EACH and VERY rare)

964/993 front wheels are 7x17 et55. YTou can get an 8x17 et 52, but are rare in the UK - more common in Germany (from their 911's)

Aftermarket wheels (Mille Miglia) do a 7.5x17 et52 - but are slightly heavier and not quite as strong (but still good) - the Cup 1's are becoming more difficult to source new since they have stopped making them (very recently).

Original wheels have the width and offset in raised lettering either side of the valve stem. Copies do not.

Hope this helps (from a Porsche owner who thinks his partner needs a Corrado :wink: )

Think this is worthy of a sticky as Porsche rims come up so often, very good info there Mr Frogisland....

I agree, your partner does need a Corrado!

Blue_Joe's info is useful too.

Just remembered I have this excellent link re Porsche wheels - on the whole the info is correct, albeit a couple of minor inaccuracies which should not affect you.

http://www.944racing.de

got to 'Felgengewichte'

Jason

p.s. the genuine 7.5x17 et65 968 wheels are like hens teeth and would normally command about £400-£500 a PAIR depending on condition

Thanks for the info guys.

I am going to stick with original Porsche rims (lighter & stronger) rather than aftermarket wheels, even though this would be less hassle as I could get Cup 1 copies in a 4 stud pattern. I'd prefer the 7 x 17 size so sourcing them from a 964/993 is good news.

Genuine Cup 1's - Ebay here I come...... :)

Thanks, I can't remember if it is an 'official' version of what the new C will be or whether it was someone's mock-up. Would be nice if it was the real thing with 250bhp+ and 4wd!!!! :wink:

so guys your saying in order to fit 5 stud porsche or audi all you need to do is fit the hub adapters and simply bolt your wheels to them? i have a set of audi tt rims, pcd of 5x100, and i have been told that i need 5 stud hubs for front and discs for rear and custom drilled for the front. but all this can be solved withhub adapters true or false thanks

I believe this is correct for the Porsche alloys but I'm not sure if it works for the Audi rims. I have been dealing with Awesome [link] and they offer the 5 stud conversion for the Audi wheels. I'm also toying with the idea of fitting TT or S3 rims as an alternative to Porsche alloys, and was wondering if I got a Mk3 Golf or Corrado VR6 axle and hubs whether that would work. :?

guys,how many corrado's run porshe rims?

i keep hearing there a common choice,but i dont see that many? :?

more specifically,how many design 90's?

Not very common at all!!!!!

I had to talk VERY VERY nicely to the UK Sales Manager at Millie Miglia as the Cup 3's I wanted are not currently being made due to high demands on them from Car Manufacturers like Toyota wanting wheels for their cars. This is preventing them from doing hardly any after market wheels and when they are they are doing the more common wheels! As such the Cup 3's had huge back orders!

I spoke very nicely to him and he arranged for a limited number to be made at the forge in Italy and then put me at the front of the queue! When they arrived in the country he even picked them off the pallet himself to get them sent direct to me instead of the Dealer i had to pay for them!!!

We then had a major panic as the courier "misplaced" one! Millie Miglia's response was that if it wasn't founf there was nothing they could do as they couldn't get me another! Luckily it turned up 2 days later as someone at the sending depot forgot to load it!!!!!

Same Amount about £250 in alloy. What thickness are you going to use. If they are only thin you could get away with steel ones but they are still heavy

phil k this thread is for 4 stud , not the same ! (alter the title description if its cover all models)

Blue_Joe, i'm not too sure mate this is all new to me , i'd of thought i would tell them what i need and they would supply

are h&r the only peeps you know to supply these ?

cheers

GIXXERUK, sorry about that mate - another case of not seeing the description as have been reading threads from the view posts since last visit bit :roll:

Anyway - I still think it makes sense to keep all this together... 4 or 5 stud :D

You can get them from elsewhere - I think FK also do them but basically same price everywhere!

What thickness you need all depends on the offset of the wheel! I bought wheels with the offset of et52 so I needed between 20 and 25mm spacers. With that sort of thickness you REALLY need the alloy ones as the Steel ones weigh a ton!

If you get alloy ones make sure you get ones that are TUV approved such as the H&K;s