StormchargedVR6

Storm VR Turbo

Been a sad day, corrado as gone :( feels strange not seeing it anymore :(

But its gone to a very good home. Andy the new owner is a very fussy guy like myself and will finish off whats needs doing :)

So R32 here we come, already been priceing parts up :)

No matter how good an R32 you create i think youll miss it considering how long you had it..

I, like the vast majority on here cant imagine picking a Corrado up from the dealer so it is the end of an era...

Fair play to you though, im sure it has been made your while...

No matter how good an R32 you create i think youll miss it considering how long you had it..

I, like the vast majority on here cant imagine picking a Corrado up from the dealer so it is the end of an era...

Fair play to you though, im sure it has been made your while...

Cheers buddy, it was a good offer.

Am going to miss it , would have been 15 years old next week :(

Sad indeed mate but like my self if you have had corrrado's so long and done what you can to them its probably the right time to move on,good luck with AWD mate you will love it! :luvlove:

Wow. Well I've been wondering what the outcome would be and now I know.

When I sold my first Storm after 10 years it felt strange and that was with having already bought another 'identical' one.

Seeing yours go and not having the next car already bought, or even lined up, must feel well wierd.

Hope you get stuck in again soon and enjoy the next one as much, or more than the Storm.

Hi Shaun, i'm sure you have mixed feelings but its nice to go out on top :salute: Whats the story with the new owner, plans etc is he a VW enthusiast or performance car enthusiast.

I hope you still come on here and keep us updated when you get your new ride 8)

15 years for owning a corrado, is that a record???

i would rather see my missus walk down the road than see your car drive away if it was mine :lol: i hope the r32 becomes a 1/4 of the car the corrado was/is.

karl

15 years for owning a corrado, is that a record???

i would rather see my missus walk down the road than see your car drive away if it was mine :lol: i hope the r32 becomes a 1/4 of the car the corrado was/is.

karl

:lol: :lol:

I hope your Misses doesn't see that Karl!!

Hi Shaun, i'm sure you have mixed feelings but its nice to go out on top :salute: Whats the story with the new owner, plans etc is he a VW enthusiast or performance car enthusiast.

me thinks he is already on the forum!!!

me thinks he is already on the forum!!!

Really!!!??? :shock: :shrug:

to many coincidences not to be the andy who just bought a modified storm, he just sold a nice corrado!

Especially since you don't like Corrados much any longer :lol:

oh i do, and it broke my heart breaking this one :( i will get another one soon i hope.

Good to see it stay on the forum :clap: whats the new owners forum user name?

So Andy did buy it he just mailed me some pics of it at home!

Which Andy is this?

I'll put my hand up :wave:

Good luck with the R32 project Shaun, hope it turns out as sweet as the Corrado is. Hope you stick around on here so we can see the AWD project take shape.

Andy, nice purchase!!!

One of my favourite Corrado's, has to be one of the best on the planet.

you lucky sod :tongue: what you got planed for it then?

Not too much really as Shaun has done such a good job. Suggestions welcome

Sort out bits for an MOT:

Washer bottle back in & connect pipes.

Green flashing rear indicator bulbs (currently original so flashing red)

High performance Cat as none currently

Monday

Electric Recaro seats (in the garage)

Adjust suspension set up for me

Future

Intercooler so can put boot back to standard

Move battery back to engine bay

Porsche front brakes (Boxter S In the garage) possibly. I'm impressed with the Audi TT brakes on car

Audioscape enclosers/focal speakers

Rear speakers as none currently

Uprate full beam

Considered, but unlikey

Gas flow and port engine & strenghen some engine parts

Have considered 4WD, but not sure

Question does a UK Mot require white light rear reverse light as none currently due to tinting?

No requirement for reversing lights for MOT. If it working though it should be white. Amazing car youve bought. For the CAT look on the forced induction VR6 thread as I asked about it recently as well.

Be nice with boost, been told DSG box will take 400bhp :D

my mate has put 500 bhp through his dsg edition 30

you lucky sod :tongue: what you got planed for it then?

Not too much really as Shaun has done such a good job. Suggestions welcome

Sort out bits for an MOT:

Washer bottle back in & connect pipes.

Green flashing rear indicator bulbs (currently original so flashing red)

High performance Cat as none currently

Monday

Electric Recaro seats (in the garage)

Adjust suspension set up for me

Future

Intercooler so can put boot back to standard

Move battery back to engine bay

Porsche front brakes (Boxter S In the garage) possibly. I'm impressed with the Audi TT brakes on car

Audioscape enclosers/focal speakers

Rear speakers as none currently

Uprate full beam

Considered, but unlikey

Gas flow and port engine & strenghen some engine parts

Have considered 4WD, but not sure

Question does a UK Mot require white light rear reverse light as none currently due to tinting?

-

lovely car you've bought and welcome to the forum seeing as i've never spoken to you before :wave:

if it was me then i would defo strengthen some of the engine bits (know it has stock rods, unsure about pistons - but get some wossners if it hasn't got 'em and def do the rods). also defo get arp fixings all round if it hasn't already got them.

intercooler is a nice idea, but can't understand why you want the battery back up front - less room in the bay, worse weight distribution...

personally i found i could easily cook the 312s that i had on my corrado and that was only circa 300bhp - give it time driving it and you'll almost certainly want some better stoppers.

gas flowing the head and sorting some nice bigger valves, 3-angle valve seats etc would certainly be a good idea - it' pricely, but you can get some good gains if sticking with the 12v setup. not sure if he's still working nowadays, but google puma racing; the guy there is VERY good at head/engine work

4wd would be the next logical step for this corrado, but its a very big job and not one to be taken on a whim (as i'm sure you're aware). you would obviously loose the car for a hefty chunk of time getting it converted as well. Ian (coxxylad on here) is a good bloke to tap for info on that one as his 4wd r32 conversion was probably the most comprehensive conversion anyone has ever done on a 'rado.

welcome again, lovely motor you've bought - please keep us updated :D

Thanks for advice (pete_griff). Yes will post any changes

Re 4WD. Yes agree complex and time consuming. Unlikely will do. Probably prefer some air conditioning over 4WD.

Engine work. I use www.AVPerformance.co.uk for all my engine work and pretty much everything else. Only problem is getting the car in. Ramps currently booked until back end of July! Maybe when they move to new larger unit, I can just park car up inside and collect when everything sorted, that would be nice.

Almost forgot have a nice Momo quick release removable steering wheel & boss to fit.

Intercooler & Battery (lightweight) move idea is mainly to make boot stock & useable, as also has a water cooling tank currently and so a bit small. Intercooler will give the space for the battery and maybe a larger washer bottle if can't fit back standard.

Washed car for first time and have to say the bodywork & finish is 99.99999% perfect. Going to be a challenge to keep it to Shaun's standard. Need to find out how & what Shaun used (apart from spray gun).

Congrats on your awsome purchase mate!

One of my fave cars on the forum! didn't realise it was sold untill my bro told me he knew someone who had just bought an awsome Corrado LOL

Will be intresting to see the changes you make! if you decide to get rid of the battery relocation kit give us a shout :D