Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

dinkus' silver VR - I think I have a problem

Ah cool, thanks for the info Ford. I've also put one of the light-up Rieger gear knobs and gaitors on, but I'm holding off wiring it in until I've also had the time to do the DDI gauges, tach rings, inverted LCDs and red lighting swap.

However, I'm dropping her off at Stealth this afternoon in preperation for a rather hefty bill that will make no difference at all to the appearance of the car, but she should handle beautifully again after she's back :D

And Bally that's because it used to be Ford's VR ;) I've no idea how I managed to keep it quiet for a whole week without telling anyone (ok, ok, not too many people). 'twas amusing turning up at the SE meet yesterday and them saying "err, so is that your silver C then?" tho :D

The GTI is still covered in bird poop, so hasn't been sold yet. I'll be driving that while Vince is working his magic, then I'm gonna give it a serious clean it up, put some nice new mats in and sell it on...

arrrhhh thought it looked famliar.. well be careful on the country roads.. & remeber, use the middle pedal around sharpe corners, not the pedal on the right!!!

Pretty funny, all the Silver lads have shouted up!

The Silver club is as or even more of a tight closed club that the Storm boys! :lol:

Chris

As we said last night, very nice Dinkus, but I really don't think you should put up any posts in 'What I did to my Corrado today' untill you've done the how-to..... :twisted: :)

Nice one Dinkus,

knew it wouldnt take long before you got back with 'da program'

I see the back sits down properly and it didnt take you very long to stick the recaros in.

I still think of my Corrado ownership days and it still makes me sad. Soon, though. Very soon!

Nice one matey!!! looks like a beaut... hope to see it at a meet when I'm feeling a bit more pro C :)

Congratulations Dom. Looking forward to seeing her.

Chris - It isn't a Storm boys club :wink: there's a gal in it too :)

Thanks again guys and girl(s).

I'm not sure if 8hrs would be classified as "quick" tho Flo :? But at least the ride height on this one is sensible :D

I really don't think you should put up any posts in 'What I did to my Corrado today' untill you've done the how-to..... :twisted: :)

i really don't think any 'What I did to my Corrado today' posts should involve pylons :p

looks sweet mate. really like silver.

So after a 4-digit bill from Stealth, she's now sporting H&Rs, new bushes all round, a new rear axle (courtesy of my last C), Mk4 rear callipers, braided hoses, new ball joints, new wishbones and um some other stuff too.

The H&Rs are far more comfortable than the Eibach buggers that were on there before. They're just as hard, but they're much um softer :? Nowhere near as crashy over bumps and lumps - mucho impressed 8)

I've just noticed its another 'K' plater! Chrisvr6nos and I commented on the fact that of the 4 silver corrado's at VW festival 3 were K reg, must've been a good year for silver or something!

I've been a convert ever since I went in Kev's car for the first time Yandards ;)

Thanks Joe, I just hope it still works...

:lol: Yeah I saw that Chris, it's rather strange. Maybe there was a silver one used in an advert/publicity/brochure in 93?

I've just been through the big pile of receipts I have for her and put them all in plastic sleeves in a ring binder. There have been thousands spent on her and I only have receipts since 2002... :shock:

It looks like pretty much all of the cooling, ignition and exhaust systems have been replaced. It's great :D I've just finished the list and done all the suspension parts and interior. I've got the brakes left to finish off and it's a new car! :lol:

The plugs haven't been done since last year, so I have a nice new set of NGKs sitting here ready to go in and a set of (hopefully the red Beru) plug leads waiting for me at the stealers to replace the £50 ECP ones on there at the mo.

I must say I do really like the silver, as you say it seems to look the most 'modern' of the colours and as a bonus it's one of the rarest colours too :)

Hmm, how many other silver Cs are there with black cloth Recaros...

I'm really liking that and you're right it certainly looks more modern - silver seems to knock years off certain car's age and the C is one of them. Enjoy :)