Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Things that have gone wrong and then fixed themselves.......

Drivers window stuck down today, refused to budge......left for 10 minutes only for it to work perfectly normally....was getting a bit anxious as storm clouds were gathering

PAS pump...dissapeared mid-drive.....then reappeared about 50 miles later...." we like cars that fix themselves " said my mrrs. :thumb right:

ooh...and my mirrors brake and fix themselves quite often too...

hopefully itll work if my charger blows.......

The 'Ha ha you have headgasket failure' light keeps coming on, and then fixing itself. Still makes me brick it every time though :)

wingmirrors done this in the valver. 3 months of not working and one day they did again! wierd.

My drivers door handle has broken.. im giving it till thursday to fix itself, or it'll never get pulled again!!

The 'Ha ha you have headgasket failure' light keeps coming on, and then fixing itself. Still makes me brick it every time though :)

Temp senders on top of the heat exchanger maybe? You get a beeping at the same time?

mysterious fan issue seems to have sorted itself out!!! turned engine off today and fan was clearly working, for the first time ever.....!!!!! unfortunately the engine still runs at about 100 degrees so the darn fan switch and 'stat are still getting replaced!!!! but at least the fans decided to work....... for now!!! :roll:

lol...strangely enough it only started working since he touched it!!!! and i have central locking working now cos he fixed it!......

oh, sorry i missed you the other day Randal...... my apologies... need to get a look at your car at some point, have heard good things about it!!!!!! :D

ABS light came on again 2 weeks after having one of the sensors replaced. Doh..!

Following week had to go through a pretty deep puddle the in the floods we had. Next morning "ba da bing" no ABS problem. Rain water must have jet washed the sensor clean. :o

My guess is that if the garage had looked at it then it would have been faulty rather than dirty. :wink:

lol...strangely enough it only started working since he touched it!!!! and i have central locking working now cos he fixed it!......

oh, sorry i missed you the other day Randal...... my apologies... need to get a look at your car at some point, have heard good things about it!!!!!! :D

Yeah yeah, he's a tinkerer! Like me, not happy unless something is in pieces!

Glad to hear he's working out the niggles with scarlett though, takes time but well worth in the end.

No probs, understand you had to witness the group grilling at work. Hung around for a bit, but needed to get home and pack.

Hope Dave hasn't been preaching about it too much, it's nowhere near finished! You're more than welcome to take a looksee at the car, just ignore the bonnet and the rims. Bonnet soon to be resprayed and rims replaced, but you'll get an idea of the ride height. :D

cool... that would be fab!!! am in a total dilemma over ride height and wheel choice at the mo, plus my C's bodywork is a bit dodgy too so dont worry bout it.....!!! anyway... am off topic (oops!!!)..... am sure i'll see ya soon tho!!!! :D

I should be so lucky things fix themselves!

The window jamming is a sign of a tired mech. Happened a lot on my MK2 Golfs and it was a ball ache of a process learning why it happened, which led to dropping pea sized parts on a pea shingle drive in the winter of 99.... I have such fond memories of my VWs :x

If you l lose stuff on the concrete drive that you've got now, then you've got problems Kev...

Vaguely on topic, but my alarm died, then I replaced the car battery and it worked again... hmm, not sure if that really classifies as fixing itself tho :lol:

central locking has chucked it twice when driver in torrential rain, ok in normal rain! 1st time took 3 days to work 2nd time 2 weeks! very bizarre. also when it was freezing last year would chuck it within 2 mins of driving, then had to rev the nads off it to get petrol through then would drive perfectly till the next time i got in it & the same thing happened again! done this for 6 days then stopped, never done it since.

Temp senders on top of the heat exchanger maybe? You get a beeping at the same time?

No just a nice gentle pulsing red light from the water temp. It's been well behaved recently though /tempting fate :-)

Wing mirror electrics break then fix themselves on mine....weird

wish mine would fix itself the passenger has never worked and ive tried everything i think it is officially dead!