A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

Who did ya body/paintwork cause i need loads doing on mine and would definately trust whoever you used.

(Im sure its in here somewhere but come on, there are 57 pages!)

done in 2 weeks! :o did it take the 60 hours you estimated? if so thats serious comitment! big respect for the graft thats gone into that

Wouldnt say mad,just a bit keen! :lol:

Lee is this car your daily driver? I know you buy the parts then chrome them then put them on the car, but you use this every day eh?

Cos you ever though about buying a winter hack cos of all the salt n sh!t on the roads?

Sorry if sum1s alrady asked you this,just 50 odd pages is alot to read!

But top effort, you prob have the most famous corrado if not Vw in Britian at the mo and it goes to show with the effort you put in!

I think Lee would chrome his cornflakes if he could ;) It'll be easier upkeep once its chromed I believe, just needs a wipe over.

yep, that right especially with aluminium. Steel is a different matter, its really hard to polish and only lasts 18months if the car isn't garaged.

Who did ya body/paintwork cause i need loads doing on mine and would definately trust whoever you used.

It was painted by Jason Buckley, have a really good look at mine and compare to any other bodyshop. Particularly the sills!!

The daily driver story again.

It is my only car, but i don't use it for work. I bus it everyday, not because i don't want too but it become increasingly difficult with the 48mm of ground clearance, no front plate, not fogs, splitrims but most of all, i've got 6years of spare money and time it in. Its insured for an agreed value which isn't even close to what its worth to me. I can't afford for it to get hit and there have been close calls, hence the bus. My plan has always been to get a daily driver but when it comes down to it I can't afford to run two cars. This one costs me £1000 a year to insure.

Unfortuately i don't have a company car of my own but my parents have an engineering company and have an L200 which a can borrow if its not in use.

So not sure how to class it really, not strickly a daily driver but get used a helluva lot more the vast majority of showcars and did 11 shows this year. Basically i've gone over the top with my daily driver to the point i now have to be very careful where i take it. Hope that explains it. :lol:

I must admit me being me, I just could not get on a bus every day knowing I had a car like yours sitting at home. :)

Maybe I am just too much of a poser! 8)

Jay

I must admit me being me, I just could not get on a bus every day knowing I had a car like yours sitting at home. :)

Maybe I am just too much of a poser! 8)

Jay

I have taken it to work a few times but end up starting out the window all day guarding it :lol:

done in 2 weeks! :o did it take the 60 hours you estimated? if so thats serious comitment! big respect for the graft thats gone into that

sorry nearly missed your post. Not 60 hours yet but i've only done the box, got the bellhousing to do yet (having a week off) so technically i'm half way through. Think i've got 20 hrs in it. Not as hard as i thought from what i'd read in magazines. Its this part of a project that i really enjoy, detailing stuff to death. Hate wiring, luv it when it go to plan but hate sorting niggles. Get one thing right and find a new problem :mad:

i understand totally what both of you guys are saying and totally respect both of your views... you both have very good valid points, but i do tend to agree with lee more, has the fact that i used to take my car to work (multistory) and i spent all day worrying about it and it affected my work at the end of the day, know i use mine everyday but dont take it to work and only parrallel park it, or take up 2 spaces... i know it's selfish but i spent the best part of £600 (and that was seriously discounted) sorting out kinks and dents that other did and dont want to go through that again...

tbh jay i dont understand how u havent got any kinks/dents in your car if you use it so much. Im sure like me you make your girlfriend drive when you have to go shopping :lol:

i understand totally what both of you guys are saying and totally respect both of your views... you both have very good valid points, but i do tend to agree with lee more, has the fact that i used to take my car to work (multistory) and i spent all day worrying about it and it affected my work at the end of the day, know i use mine everyday but dont take it to work and only parrallel park it, or take up 2 spaces... i know it's selfish but i spent the best part of £600 (and that was seriously discounted) sorting out kinks and dents that other did and dont want to go through that again...

tbh jay i dont understand how u havent got any kinks/dents in your car if you use it so much. Im sure like me you make your girlfriend drive when you have to go shopping :lol:

I really respect Jay for using his car every day. I'd love to do the same but i'd go insane with worry. Don't know how you do it..

tbh if Jay wasnt such a decent honest bloke i would never believe him from te condition of the car, specially from the engine bays, you 2 keep the bays too mint to believe its a daily

i dont drive mine everyday and its not a touch on your cars! i just dont want to have it in the body shop every few months, and i have alot of polished ally which wont stay polished if i do drive it in this weather!

To be honest I just park it where it won't get dinged. It might mean having to walk from the other end of the carpark at Tesco, but at least it means no-one opens their door on it.

With regard to the engine, I just go over that with a cloth at the same time as washing the car, keeps things clean and I have no polished ally/chrome etc.. to worry about :)

My car was painted 4 years ago and this is the only parking dent I have :)

You can see by the state of the wheels its used every day! Thats why they are lacquered and not polished!

Jay

LOL Yeah, bit of filler it should be fine :)

It will have a nice shiny new door, window glass, new rubbers!! :) latches etc.. under the other guys insurance.

Sorry for the thread hijack Lee. :)

Jay

i allways find if i park away from any other cars in tesco, that i come back out to find some ratty old heap of a granada with some fat slob :porc: trying to squeese her fat ar*e through the 2 inch gap she has left, and usually resting her door on my car to do it.

whenever i have to squeese into a slightly tight spot i allways put my hand over the edge of my door so i dont mark the car next to me.

i was seriously thinking about getting a set of those soft magnetic strips that are featured in pvw this month but i know some little scrote will either steal them or rip them off and use them to inflict more damage on the car.

i know my car is not a show car and i dont have the sort of time and money you guys have invested in your creations, but i can understand the anxiety you must feel when you see some plank nearly reverse into the side of your car, or not think twice about letting the brats in the back of thier people carrier/soft roader swing the doors straight into the side of your car :mad:

It was painted by Jason Buckley, have a really good look at mine and compare to any other bodyshop. Particularly the sills!!

Do you have contact details, does this guy work at a bodyshop, is that the body shop name?

The daily driver story again.

It is my only car, but i don't use it for work. I bus it everyday, not because i don't want too but it become increasingly difficult with the 48mm of ground clearance, no front plate, not fogs, splitrims but most of all, i've got 6years of spare money and time it in. Its insured for an agreed value which isn't even close to what its worth to me. I can't afford for it to get hit and there have been close calls, hence the bus. My plan has always been to get a daily driver but when it comes down to it I can't afford to run two cars. This one costs me £1000 a year to insure.

Unfortuately i don't have a company car of my own but my parents have an engineering company and have an L200 which a can borrow if its not in use.

So not sure how to class it really, not strickly a daily driver but get used a helluva lot more the vast majority of showcars and did 11 shows this year. Basically i've gone over the top with my daily driver to the point i now have to be very careful where i take it. Hope that explains it. :lol:

I'm in the same situation I basically don't want to take the chance of any damage that would be done to it on a daily bases rock chips door dings (fingerprints) lol jk . If i was to get hit good chance I would get about half of what the car is worth. I have a mk2 Gti I drive daily.

tbh if Jay wasnt such a decent honest bloke i would never believe him from te condition of the car, specially from the engine bays, you 2 keep the bays too mint to believe its a daily

mines not show clean all the time. Couple of pics will show you what I mean, just elbow grease the day before.