dinkus

The definitive 312mm brakes onto a VR thread

Just got to add that I've had mine on for about 700 miles now and I love them... Best mod I have done so far (the other was clear indicators, but still)

They have transformed the car completely and feel like they should have been standard.

... Roll on coilovers 8)

I do have to say that my C feels freakin amazing at the moment.

All new bushes, sorted suspension and monster brakes 8)

It's pretty good, it's not that pleasant over speed bumps, but it won't remove your fillings and it feels great for normal driving.

It's certainly a lot more pleasant than it was on Eibachs and Konis (with the same wheels) when I got it.

Can anyone confirm if the hub spigot on the corrado is the right size for 312mm disks? Theres someone on vr6oc saying he just fitted the setup and the holes on the disks are too big. :?

Right - I have a pair of 312 disks off a Seat which are 5by100 (not multi fitment like the TT ones) and I also have some VR hubs sitting in the garage, I just tried the disks on these and they are indeed bigger - ie they don't locate hubcentricly... not sure how much of an issue this is as the wheels bolt thru and onto the bubs and the wheels will still be hubcentric and the disks should be clamped inbetween....

Joe - I'm not a member on the 'OC but do you want to ask him if they are SEAT disks - ie just 5 by 100 and not also drilled for 512...

Right - I have a pair of 312 disks off a Seat which are 5by100 (not multi fitment like the TT ones) and I also have some VR hubs sitting in the garage, I just tried the disks on these and they are indeed bigger - ie they don't locate hubcentricly... not sure how much of an issue this is as the wheels bolt thru and onto the bubs and the wheels will still be hubcentric and the disks should be clamped inbetween....

Joe - I'm not a member on the 'OC but do you want to ask him if they are SEAT disks - ie just 5 by 100 and not also drilled for 512...

Doesnt sound good. :?

Ive asked for clarification on what the disks are in the other thread.

The TT disks are 8N0 615 301 A and are 312x25mm 5/100 with a multi-hole pattern on them for er fitting onto something else as well.

For the guys that are going to do the conversion (and to the ones that already did it), I highly recommend switching to the stainless steel brake lines also.

I had them fitted last weekend and what a difference it made! The brake pedal felt much firmer. If you want your 312 brakes to work to their full potential...get the brake lines.

You have to get the braided hoses when you do the conversion because the Mk4 era callipers use banjo connectors, not the standard Corrado screw-in types.

The only people that seem to sell the adapter hoses are Goodridge, who only do braided hoses :)

But yeah, it is worth doing the all-braided route :)

I've actually got Mk4 rear callipers on mine as well, so it was a no-brainer to spend the extra £10 or whatever it was on the tiny mid-hoses.

When I did my conversion I used the mk4 factory hoses.

Neuspeed has just about every make of VW for the brake lines.

Even if you don't have the 312's...its still worth it to get the lines.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

So much for 16s, the 312s rrrnt fitting behind my 16s even with 15mm spacers on.....arrrrrhhhhh FECK IT!

They hit the back of the spokes, even spaced by that much, and I tell you what, they aint anywhere close to fitting!!

Looks like i'm buying new wheels now then :oops:

Yep, tried my 16's on Kevs car today and they fit fine... ET35 Rondells

You have to get the braided hoses when you do the conversion because the Mk4 era callipers use banjo connectors, not the standard Corrado screw-in types.

Only applies to the back dude, for the fronts you can just use standard MK3 Highline....lines...

Yeah, I mocked them up first Dinkus thankfully!

But im now after a set of wheels, missed the RHs on ebay today as i was comatosed until 12 and they'd ended at £250 arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhh noooooooo!!

But ive been looking for the TT 16s as mentioned by Mike, as ChrisP who was selling them to me used those on his running the 312s, and i think they look really good and very simlar to my existing wheels (soon for sale!).

You want to talk to gradeAFailure - he's the queen wheel whore (and also a dab hand at ebay.de ;) )

No mate, i've got a rimmage problem big time.

I want RH1s but cant afford them. Spanking avatar btw. Make sure you make it over for a 2006 show too mate, be nice to catch up.

Sorry to be a pest, I need to get this bottomed. The brakes are on and fine (thanks for sorting the bolts Dinkus 8) ) I have already got braided hoses on the rear from when I upgraded to MKIV callipers. I now need the braided hoses for the front with banjo fitting and the hoses over axle rears. I spoke to Stealth who seemed to think it was a MK3 Golf kit I needed and C&R were unsure. I thought someone had developed a specific kit, does anyone know as the Mk3 with 288 discs uses the same calliper will it be OKand are the axle hoses the same?