g60greeny

new era bora v6 4 motion :D

Dump the stretch, keep the scene wheels and that is just stupid on Mccoys Jetta, sooooooooooooooo wrong.

Silver does look good, if they have been powder coated and have nice polished lip, but the black centre looks really good on RM or RS`s especially on the RS with the back plate black and a polished centre nut 8) it really gives the wheels depth, and they dont show up brake dust as much!!

I had my centres powder coated black by a local metal workshop, they did a superb job on them and only charged me £120 all in for 4 :shock: i was quoted 50 each+ vat from Lepsons wheel refurbers, I rebuilt these my self using 1.5 & 2" outer rims i got from Danny Bergert @ getconect.de in Germany, all 4 alloy outer rims 120 bolts and sealant for £280 :D bargain

before...

IMG_03-4.jpg

After....

IMG_06-1.jpg

black or silver centers for the bbs?

I'd say Silver... and decent "non-baller" 50 series tyres... keep gearing and dishes intact...

195 on 9j :shock: you will need a garage willing to do it and they wil need a "cheetah" air blower to get them to sit on the rims to inflate them, its not so bad on Borbets as the valve is set so far in the rim

Usually for RS's i would say silver but i for 1 think black centres on yours would look the best

its been along time mate.rado is looking great.love the seats and rims

alright mate,hows things?what ya drivin these days?

just to add i wouldn't have to mess we me interior if you'd have swapped me yours before u sold up :lol:

Usually for RS's i would say silver but i for 1 think black centres on yours would look the best

i'm unsure still,reckon silver may look better,but the black will go with my planned scheme :D

Black definately you need to trust me, and for the record thats coming from somebody who hates black centres on RS's, not saying to do it to make your car look crap in my eyes as i dont like black centres, just it is what it needs to look right to tie in all the black plastic trim on the exterior and interior.

just to add i wouldn't have to mess we me interior if you'd have swapped me yours before u sold up :lol:

now then. a mini cooper and a purple corsa for work cos i work in town now.gonna have to come up and see the g sometime.its lookin good.im sure i showed ya this interior when i was doin mine.right good choice thats what i wanted.whats doug done with his rado and that v5 turbo engine he was building.

Black definately you need to trust me, and for the record thats coming from somebody who hates black centres on RS's, not saying to do it to make your car look crap in my eyes as i dont like black centres, just it is what it needs to look right to tie in all the black plastic trim on the exterior and interior.

yeah reckon i'll try black,can always go back to silver :D

now then. a mini cooper and a purple corsa for work cos i work in town now.gonna have to come up and see the g sometime.its lookin good.im sure i showed ya this interior when i was doin mine.right good choice thats what i wanted.whats doug done with his rado and that v5 turbo engine he was building.

I'll give u a bell when she's complete u still got the same number?,no point in viewin an half job,she looks rate rough we teh loan wheels an half complete interior :lol:

just in the middle of strippin the leather of the front door cards,1st one i did in 10mins,but the 2nd ones been done we different adhesive,been on it for over 2hrs an not even half way :shock:

yes mate still got same number.ive seen the car in a lot worse states then what it will be in now(venoms :D ).what ya having to do to the door cards like? didnt he make them for a corrado.got an idea for ya wheels if ya thinkin bout colours for centres.

the door cards were made to fit the db9 dash.so i decided to have ago @ peelin the leather back to re-mod them to fit the rado dash,lost me temper an ended up skinnin the door cards like they were a rabbit :lol:

Wasnt there spare leather to redo the original cards in yours or was that for the pillar trims.

Oh and cant make Elsecar in mine as its off the road still but should still be coming along with the mrs for a few hours.

theres a bit of spare leather,hopin the guy i just rung can re use what i just skinned off the old cards,usin the left over hide for any bits he needs to change,or even me dash :lol:

think i'm gonna give elsecar a miss anyway,need to get the paintwork done,wheels an door cards.the guy whos gonna look @ the cards is on hols till after easter,so may as welljust take me time,get some overtime in @ work an save a few quid up to get the car complete

just looked looked at the post on edition, the 195/45 arent stupid looking with the proxies - but i have to agree with shakey, those sp9000 in the 215/40's look awesome, great tyre too.. Thats what i'm going for.

edit* they're £100 a tyre!! :gag:

i noticed today that i've got sp9000 215/40's already on the 9's,does seem a shame to change um,think i'll use the money to get me arches flared :lol:

looking ace :notworthy: love the wheels ! :luvlove: and that trim is something else!

cheers mate,just need to get the engine modded next then i'll be happy,so when you up for doin it :lol: