Kevin Bacon

Show us your drops

Lowered on cheap rokkor coilovers at the moment measures 57.5cm from floor to arch all round with 15 inch lenso's on

Im not a whore and dont copy the bonnet please.

Errr... ok... I promise I won't!

Well as most people tend to carry out mods they have seen throughout the forum or mags because they think its 'cool' i genuinly have wanted a rusty bonnet for ages, if i had a veyron id do the same.

I like the colour and texture.

Ive not seen any other corrado with one so, hoping i dont in future.

You lot hate it i can imagine but the old one has 3 huge lumps poking out of it and is rusting anyway as my engine mount broke and smashed into my bonnet.

Some people can just buy another, others cant.

Well as most people tend to carry out mods they have seen throughout the forum or mags because they think its 'cool' i genuinly have wanted a rusty bonnet for ages, if i had a veyron id do the same.

There is a fundamental flaw in that otherwise excellent plan.. can you guess why it would be impossible to make a Veyron bonnet rusty? ;)

There is a fundamental flaw in that otherwise excellent plan.. can you guess why it would be impossible to make a Veyron bonnet rusty? ;)

Is it becuase you'd look like a cnut?

I guess you could pick the carbon weave apart and have it looking all strandy and scruffy? The future Rat look?

Deliberately making a car rusty makes about as much sense as setting your house on fire.

it looks good?

I think that's very, very subjective!

Looks Good? Well, you've only ratted the bonnet. If you're going for the Rat look, do it in style :D

I love the mole grips on the front :lol:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47743[/ATTACH]

I know this aint real but this is my plan, i've got the first bit (the car) but finding 15" ats classics is prooving a tad expensive... going for the mk1 gti tribute/look? Has this been done before???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47752[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47753[/ATTACH]

Wrong bolt pattern though. These are 4x130, made to fit beetles and old VW busses, etc.. :)

What's wrong with pcd adaptors? I work a mazak cnc lathe 5 days a week....

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Liking the MK1 door stripes, very retro!

Thanks, it's the retro look i'm after but does it look like mk1 stripes or is it too much like the ford gt?

They defo look MK1 to me and I think it's a really good idea, defo not been done before as far as I know. It looks factory and totally in keeping with the car's age and style imo. Good luck with it!

The stripes are MK1 the effect is undoubtedly muscle car, no bad thing for a custom car, for a true retro vibe take infuences from early Sciroccos, like tartan trim etc. check out the green ED 38 Scirocco owned by Lesta.

The stripes are MK1 the effect is undoubtedly muscle car, no bad thing for a custom car, for a true retro vibe take infuences from early Sciroccos, like tartan trim etc. check out the green ED 38 Scirocco owned by Lesta.

Had thought about the red tartan trim from the series 1 gti but my car has the grey interior so it wouldn't work. Like i said it's just an idea for now, the car needs a lot more work before i can start playing with wheels and stripes but the plan has been set. All i need now is the time and money pfft...:shrug:

compomotive 8" x 17" on goodyear eagles, 215 x 40 x 17"

rear 640mm floor to arch 350mm hub to arch (3,1/2 fingers)

front 625mm floor to arch 340mm hub to arch (two fingers).

On Gaz fast road coilovers. Could come down more without rubbing, but theres a wicked road near us that I just cant resist and if i lower more that road becomes a 30mph to avoiud rubbing the fronts or different wheels, but I like them wheels.

so it sits about 10mm high atm. You cant have everything