Kevin Bacon

Show us your drops

lol so its ended up just as low as it was!!! hahah. and i thought mine was low atm. seems like a normal drop now! i have enough problems with bad roads, speedbumps, getting on and off the drive etc!!!

well here is mine as you can see some subtle arch mods to cater for rims.... lol

got to lower front next even more the only prob is im not sure on how we are getting it out of the shop????

15122008074.jpg

15122008075.jpg

15122008076.jpg

15122008073.jpg

are you sure this is not going to still rub?

This thread is pointless without measurements, shame what it turned into as it was supposed to be useful, not just 'luk at how slammed ma ride iz bro sik the spliter scrapez it da shiz innit'

are you sure this is not going to still rub?

we had two people in the back and had sheets of sandpaper between the arch and the tyre bouncing up and down as much as we could and couldnt get it to rub anywhere ..

it looks close and it is but its ok... i can always shave the hubs so no probs......

This thread is pointless without measurements, shame what it turned into as it was supposed to be useful, not just 'luk at how slammed ma ride iz bro sik the spliter scrapez it da shiz innit'

why do you need measurements?? i have just lowerd it to a point i think will look aggrressive...

where would i measure from? im running adj height coilovers so it can go ridiculously low if i want it to...

thread title show us your drops... i didnt realise i had to give measurements etc etc this thread still is usefull as it shows would be corrado owners how low they can go if they are prepared to make certain sacrifices and have enough time patience or money to ponce around with them...

Try reading the first post !

I'm not picking on you in particular, just saying it started off as a good thread, but when you go through the pages it just ends up with pics of peoples cars and no info. Its not a competition.

Have to agree with u carpoid, not that i'm knocking anybody because i've enjoyed looking through the thread and seein what people have done, but after reading through i would say its hard to get a definative answer to what the rado will look like at certain height drops and to how much it will rub etc due to the fact that there is more than just the height of the suspension that effects the overall look and height of the car. A 40mm drop on 15's will not look the same as a 40mm drop on 17's due to the fact that the distance from centre of hub to outer of rim is 1" difference, so ignoring the profile of the tyre, the hub will therefore sit 1" higher off the ground on 17's than it would on 15's, if it had 16's fitted there would be 0.5" difference. Next the tyre proile effects the height, a 40 profile would cause the hub to sit lower to the ground than a 50 profile would. Once thing to remember is the profile measurement is not in mm its is a percentage of the tyre's width so therefore a 205/45 would not have the same size sidewall as a 195/45, so again the hub would sit at a slightly different height although this is less marginal than the difference in wheel size. Another thing to maybe consider, and i'm not too sure about this because my rado knowledge isn't too indepth yet but different models may have different ride heights as standard, can anyone confirm this for me please?

As for the problem of rubbing arches, some people seem to have slammed with no problem and others have had a nightmare with rubbing, but something to think about here is again down to wheel choice and size, and not just diameter but offset and tyre width, a 15 with the wrong offset might rub more than a 17 with the correct offset, but the offset can be altered to help avoid rubbing if a serious slamming is the order of the day, but also arch rolling may come into play here as well.

Sorry if i'm goin over stuff that most people already know but thought it might help clarify a few things for those that don't. If goin down the coilover route i would say the above don't need as much consideration as u can adjust it too get the look u want but if buyin a kit or springs with no adjustability then the above are more important to take into consideration.

Hope this helps for anybody considering how they want to lower they're rado and has been confused due to a 40mm drop looking very different on one car to the other.

cheers

mart

After looking at this thread and other pics i've settled at this height for now, if it was any lower at the front i think i'd be hitting the front spoiler on the gutters over here, they're shocking.

575mm rear floor to arch

580mm front floor to arch

195/40/17 P Zero Neros on 7.5" front and 8" rear RS 301's :norty:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfImported Photos 00093.JPG[/attachment:17wd3pq9]

Imported Photos 00090.JPG[/attachment:17wd3pq9]

ok got some measurements today

top of rear arch to floor 22" 558.8 mm

top of rear arch to hub centre 11" 279.4 mm

the front at present is sat high at 22.5"using the same measuring meathod in both cases i am changing the tyres as i havent the right amount of strech on the front ....it looks crap....

so im opting for 215/35/16 for the rears and some sort of narrower equivallent

when the correct tyres are fitted it should sit a little lower and nicely tuck up into the arches...

P1030583.jpg

P1030577.jpg

should have said the tyres at present are

205/40/16 rear

and

185/50/16 front but they seriously look like balloooooooonns

So what do i need to lower the corrado to a decent level on a budget... anyone point me to a uk supplier / fitter maybe in east midlands / nottingham area ?

Just measured my G60, which is original suspension on BBs 16'

Peak of Arch to floor - Front = 62cm & Rear = 61cm

Going to JKM in Feb to get Koni coilovers fitted, intend to reduce the heights to approx

Peak of Arch to floor - Front = 54cm front & Rear 56cm

New & Improved side on shot, with freshly cleaned car + alloys

Question - Thinking of removing my front splitter all together to reduce the inevitable sleeping policemen knocks, does it serve any hidden purpose?

Did think about getting a smaller one, but £60 for a 50mm seems a bit steep, can you get smaller ones and or cheaper?

tbh i find it better to scrape my splitter (as i always do) and take that as a warning than take a sleeping policeman and not hear a scrape until its put a hole in my sump! id watch out for the sump rather than the splitter. if the splitter gets scraped up and split it doesnt matter, if u get ur sump it does matter! (likely to be the next lowest thing on ur car) and no it doesnt really have a purpose other than austhetic reasons.

I had concerns with getting the car back on the boat to come back from JKM, so called the folks at Condor. They said 3 to 4 inch clearance should be OK to get on & off the boat.

So today I measured my clearance - front end both the splitter & CAT are 6 & a half inches clear of the ground (approx 17cm)

Good news, because this means that my plan to drop the car roughly 4cm still leaves 13cm (5 inches) of clearance...

I had concerns with getting the car back on the boat to come back from JKM, so called the folks at Condor. They said 3 to 4 inch clearance should be OK to get on & off the boat.

So today I measured my clearance - front end both the splitter & CAT are 6 & a half inches clear of the ground (approx 17cm)

Good news, because this means that my plan to drop the car roughly 4cm still leaves 13cm (5 inches) of clearance...

Mate , get them to put planks down , I do :) They do for the Porsche drivers :censored:

Thanks dude, called ahead and warned them - the lady said it should be OK as long as there is 3 inch clearance. I have 6 inch clearance now and will have more than 3 after, so should be alright. I asked then to put the planks down anyway...

an update on the drop... this is with 17" oettingers on ..

22" front

22.5" rear

both measure meants are taken from the top centre of wheel arch to floor...

no rubbing!!

P1030934.jpg

i could well be doing some more lowering and arch pulling soon so will drop in a pic when thats siting pretty!!!

das golf ur car is lookingsweet. loving the wheels too, unusual on a c.

thanks bud yeah they look quite good..... il be keeping the borbet A;s on though these are on just for now while the others are getting the centres painted...

might be a bit lower when they go on due to size/tyres etc but we will see....

think im going to have a sump guard made... just in case

dam if i had 5 stud id have those off you!!!!

i had 15" borbet a's on mine with 45 tyres and it was well decked!!! scraped on everythin, got my 17s on and now i miss the scraping!!! hence going lower. luckily my sump has a good clearance. i just muller the front splitter.