Sign in to follow this  
marcus

polo to corrado?

marcus....i'm sure there are plently of people on this board who care if a g40 is faster than a Corrado....my point is you can't compare 2 cars in different classes....what's the point in doing that? with enough money any car can be made faster than another..

i s wanna get a polo g40 as a second car,, i already have a mk1 gti as one though,, three cars would be getting silly and i have had my Mk1 since i was 17 so it would be hardto part with

Doesn't matter how quick the Polo is as it's still an ugly little spud of a thing. Id' rather be in something more substantial than a shoe box at anything over 100mph. I've been a standard G40 and it was barely any quicker than a MK2 GTI, so I don't think a few more hp is going to suddenly turn it into a VR/S3 beater..... you don't half get some exaggerations on forums.

:shock:

Doesn't matter how quick the Polo is as it's still an ugly little spud of a thing. Id' rather be in something more substantial than a shoe box at anything over 100mph. I've been a standard G40 and it was barely any quicker than a MK2 GTI, so I don't think a few more hp is going to suddenly turn it into a VR/S3 beater..... you don't half get some exaggerations on forums.

Without wanting to sound like I want an argument, but your statement is rubbish. A few more hp DOES make them VR beaters..

Did you watch my vid? The spec of my engine at the time was:

GT inlet, sns stg3, stg4 charger, toothed belts.

My polo now (if working) would tear my corrado apart SO bad... spec now.

PSD front mount, G60 injectors, stage 5 sns, jabba induction kit, stand alone oil supply.

With corrado front seats in the polo it isnt too uncomfortable, although the standard seats are far nicer, it's just they dont sit as low.

Wind noise is quite bad, and with the toothed belts the charger can be a little noisey.

With a decent suspension set up they dont go bad round the bends and they absolutely fly in straight lines!!

No I wouldnt want to be in my polo in a 100mph crash, but really, who would want to be in ANY car crashing at 100mph???

The dash is basic, but does the trick. No mod cons, but the car aint a luxury car.

All I know is it's great to be able to chase M3's and them not be able to get away from you.... can you do that in a 16v rado??

Also, being beaten by a car with cow seats is the easy bit... it's the whitewalls and roofracks that people dont understand!!!!

Dscf2263.jpg

Dscf2266.jpg

Someone asked if the pistons are a weak point on the polo.... i think this might answer that....

smallDscf2652.jpg

smallDscf2654.jpg

Since these pics, I have done another bottom end. This time piston No.3. We are coming to the conclusion that my standard downpipe and cat cant get rid of the heat quick enough and its causing it to back up and melt pistons...

And as for the comment about being built better than a rado... well that makes me laugh!!! The build quality is awful... pillar trim glued to the body work??? nasty!

But, I love my polo... I also love my rado..... I'm not trying to wind rado owners up as I think that overall my rado is far superior to my polo... If I had to get rid of one it would be the polo everytime. Breaks too easily, and isn't as 'nice' to drive as the rado.

People dont give the polo enough respect. When I used to drive my Golf GTI I was always in the school of "1.3's can never be fast.." I'd think that I could easily take one in my tuned mk2. Never.

The G40 can be incredibly quick. Far quicker than a 16v rado. They sprint quick too.

Sorry for the long post.

edit: sorry I just had to add another pic of my recently installed fmic!!! :D :D

frontmount.jpg

hehehe... close to it. I have seen video of a g40 doing 157, but that was speedo reading.

My rado is nearly spot on speedo reading compared to my road angel and the rado was pulling 130mph with me still edging away.

I'd say my polo does over 140mph. Steve at PSD has a taller 5th gear in his and should go round to 150mph.

Unlike the rado though, those sort of speeds are rare. I wouldnt sit at that rpm in the polo for too long as it would spit it's charger seals out the exhaust!!!! It's a two handed affair driving at that speed too. My rado will happily drive all day long at 140+mph.

The polo isnt about top end speeds though.

my mate rich has jabba`s ex demo g40 and that thing shifts, some of you might of seen it at dubsports RR day 180+ bhp

Id say a Polo is scary at those speeds. On the other hand the corrado feels well planted at 140. Slightly more aerodynamic then the polo ;-)

Without wanting to sound like I want an argument, but your statement is rubbish. A few more hp DOES make them VR beaters..

Fair dos, I thought that might provoke a reaction :lol: It may be rubbish in your opion but that's my opinion and I stand by it.

No I wouldnt want to be in my polo in a 100mph crash, but really, who would want to be in ANY car crashing at 100mph???

I didn't say I'd want to be in a crash at 100mph, just something more substantial from a stability point of view. The Rado is rock solid stable at those speeds, my ex g/f's Polo GT was anything but.

Fair play, you've put a lot of time and effort into yours but they're not my bag.

Yeah, my G/F has had two Polos, one of them didn't even have a servo and the discs were tiny little solid affairs....and I thought MK1 brakes were bad!

Well , I dont care what any of you say, my dick's deffinately bigger than all of yours :p :wink:

dub envy, That is certainly a nice looking example dude, although it would be better off with a nice ALpine headunit/changer :wink:

I don't know if the PM i sent you got to you as you have changed your name AGAIN!!! But the cheque was posted yesterday!!

And as for dick size...

A standard 16v wont stand a chance, you'll be embarrased unless your pushing past G60 spec. I wouldnt fancy my chances in the G tbh.

I've not owned a G40 yet, but one day!

And as for the comment about being built better than a rado... well that makes me laugh!!! The build quality is awful... pillar trim glued to the body work??? nasty!

Fair point but I don’t remember my polo leaking through the door seal/ membranes after heavy rain or the windows becoming unbounded from their regulators, or the heavy doors dropping on their pins etc etc

For the price range the corrado was put together poorly

They would leave a lot of VR's behind & only if there was a motorway would the vr6 catch up and overtake. They are seriously fast and somewhat hair raising ride from what i have heard.

They'd give a VR a run for its money too? Flipin' 'eck that would wipe the smile off my face! :lol:

Not that I'm saying that a VR is necessarily the fastest thing on the road, but sounds like the G40 was a good wolf in sheeps clothing car!