Sign in to follow this  
JS

Hello all

I went out shopping on Sunday and came back with a Mystic Blue Storm previously owned and meticulously maintained by StormVR6.

Always been a vw golf man but decided it was time to try the car I'd admired for years. So the wife now has my Golf Mk4 GTI Turbo so she is very happy and I have not stopped smiling since Sunday.

Hope to meet some of you in the future and I'm definatley going to need the support of this forum in order to keep my new motor tip top.

All the best

JS

Hi JS, I saw your car when mark had it and you have yourself a very nice car there.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

If you all had to give one piece of advice to a new VR6 owner what would it be?

Welcome to the Forum- A good choice of motor (and forum..)

There will be loads of advice people will give.

Mine would be don't turn the air director dial (a) with the fan on or, (b) when you are going above 90 mph. They are very fragile and break easily so its best to make sure there is as little pressure on them at all when adjusting...

Also sunroof cables are prone to snapping so make sure you keep the mechanism well greased cos they look like a pig to change..

Cheers

get a g60!!!!!!!!!

just kiddin :lol: welcome aboard

nice rado to start with would love a storm,eventually

agree with the heater comment

- also, keep the sunroof well lubed up as you probably know they break frequently as well.

...queue further common faults below....;)

Rear brakes tend to sieze although it sounds like such a well maintained car anyway they've probably been upgraded to Mk3 or Mk 4 GTi items! :)

Nice one. Appreciate all the comments and advice guys. Spoke to Vince at Stealth Racing earlier and he knows my car. I still can't get my head round that! I'm so used to taking my Golf to the stealers and being treated like a numpty that I kind of got used to it. Everyone in the Corrado world I've spoken to so far is really friendly and helpful. I feel my life has changed for the better since this purchase. Give yourselves a pat an the back. Well done everyone. :D

Make sure you have lots of spare cash to fix it when it goes wrong. :lol:

But seriously, keep the revs down until the engine oil warms up..... saves all that wear and tear. Usually keep mine below 4k rpm until it reaches 80 degrees.

Thought you might like to see pic of your car parked next to mine at the south east meet a couple of months ago.

Do you still have the same plates of did mark take them off?

Same plates Mr.ots. Considering returning the car to its original though. Mark didn't want his plates so I guess I'll put them on retention and up for sale at some point. Thanks for the advice. I think I'd better start saving again as Mark took everything off me in return for this lovely motor so there will be no futher spending for a while. I'm advised its been fed on Shell Optimax for the last 4 years at least so that will continue. At the moment I'm not sure whether to run the car daily or mainly weekends but either way it will be treated with care. Cheers for the Pic.

mr.ots - Storms are rare, huh? :lol:

Well seeing two together like that is pretty rare and all possible due to the Corrado Forum! :)