Sign in to follow this  
jenks

911 Turbo - page 6

What's next for the car, mate?

Well still quite alot!

For just now, red rear lights, Rieger grille spoiler (but gota get bonnet catch,CV joint,few electric probs and get front wings sorted!) Wouldnt mind getting a US spec smooth front bumper and TT/R32 brakes.

Coming off road end of summer after E38 and want to tidy more of bodywork, engine bay and get some leather in her!

Was close to buying paul1's supercharger but im only 21 and ive not touched any student loans or overdrafts so was determined not to go mad!

im hoping next year it might be supercharged!

Time for an update, last time the corrado was in action was last summer! :(

Ring Trip Number 2

Drove into Village on Saturday afternoon to find the place buzzing! The pics explain why! Every sort of Touring Car,DTM,GT racer was there lapping!

DSCF0434.jpg

DSCF0435.jpg

DSCF0440.jpg

DSCF0444.jpg

DSCF0445.jpg

The Cars

DSCF0450.jpg

View From Hotel Room window

DSCF0451-2.jpg

The Village

DSCF0468.jpg

Managed to get onto the track at night!

DSCF0483-1.jpg

Jimbo taking a p!ss......on a bmw!

DSCF0479-1.jpg

Half a lap around and pop goes a water hose, Gutted! As i felt i really knew the circuit better from the last time we were there in March. Local VW garage shut, major shouting match with greenflag ends up me telling them the best solution! :roll: Which ends up being this:

DSCF0507.jpg

DSCF0506.jpg

Gaffa tape on burst hole and we drive her on and off ferry @ Amsterdam and back on to a recovery lorry that was waiting for us at Newcatle. £40 for extra european cover? bargain!

More pics @ the ferry in Amsterdam

DSCF0518.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

DSCF0535.jpg

Big shout out to james,andy and kris for a top w'knd watching the World Cup Final in Germany! 8)

So she sat outside my house for over 7 months sing that ring trip!!!! :oops: :roll: :(

My own fault as i thought sod it, no point fixing 1 pipe and carry on using it with other teething problems such as bushes,inner CV joints,passenger door not opening along woth central locking and bonnet catch away again!

So I was luckily enough to get a mint replacement hose off Ian aka craigowl, (cheers, the rest of your water pipes up for sale? :wink: ) i fitted it,filled it her up with water,charged the battery, and she started up and idling perfect, was expection alot of tappety noises but nothing :!:

Well happy, these engine are solid, no overheating issues either.

So shes back in the garage, pics coming soon with parts and bits n bobs i have collected while shes been off the road. Also been saving my tips (im a bus & taxi driver in the family buiness) which is going towards a full respray hopefully, should of done it 1 st time round really.

cheers

Cheers mate, i have 2 sets of lights to play about with but always wanted all red rears from the start! 8)

Pretty good going after 7 months.

My mates brother had a Cav V6 and it sat around for about a year and when we started it it was tappety as hell.

Anymore trips to the ring planned? No dirty jokes please!

:lol: Well we were going on sept this year, but i might be heading to florida this year,def goin next year though,wont be in raddo though, be something alot more suited to the track! 8)

Yeah she used to be a wee bit tappety now an then on a cold start,but cant believe how well she idled.

So when you getting the G60 then?! Your on here more than me now!:lol:

Ha yeah I know I like to keep an eye on what is happening on the forums!! Go through phases of which ones I look on.

Don't know about the G60 yet need to see what I am going to do with buying a house. If I buy a house will get a raddo if not will do a few more mods to the A4.

All depends on what my mate decides he wants to do as I cant afford to buy a flat on my own.

Will need to come and see yours and your mates though to see what they are like.

Well after much looking, researching and a lot of pondering!!! I have thrown my idea of having a budget out of the window, (as you do) and got a late, low milage (34K) mk4 20vT with a few extras!

Id love to say let the modding begin, but cash flow is tighter than a sparrows arse at mo, but she'll be getting smooth rear bumper and badge recess on bonnet welded and filled in within next 4 to 6 weeks. Then its coilovers, and selecting a set of alloys to fook about with.

Here she is,

DSCF1276.jpg

DSCF1278.jpg

DSCF1279.jpg

DSCF1277.jpg

Shes been remapped, but dont know power so be interesting to get her dyno'd, she feels faster than than the corrado,but i reckon there wouldnt be much in it. The corrado isnt forgotten btw, she'll be getn alot of work over the quiet winter months. Then she'll most likely be 'The Weekend Car' 8)

Cheers

Wee update, (sorry it aint a raddo- few wee things left to do then i make a start on her)

This was up for sale but due to being rather busy with extra work I can afford to keep it now and still get onto that property ladder.

Took her up north with my mates for the weekend,(see a trend here?) she ran ok considering she's been off the road for 3-4months, worrying thing is my remap aint working???? :?

Service next.

DSCF1888.jpg

DSCF1913.jpg

DSCF1890.jpg

DSCF1891.jpg

DSCF1889.jpg

DSCF1909.jpg

She could go lower at back and in general but shes rubbing alot at front so be coming up a few threads also thanks to council putting speedbumps on my road and my driveway is real bad! :lol:

Looks really nice mate! Have you thought about losing the bump strips on the doors as well? I think it'd really help set off the smoothed bumpers 8)

Yeah im hoping ill be doing that start of march/april i hope, its just that ill have to spray both sides, but buy the time winter has passed they will def need done anyway.

cheers

Enough tinkering with the golf, get stuck into the Corrado this winter :norty:

You know you want to :twisted:

just to pee you off more andy

19" SSW's fitted with 5x100 to 5x112 adaptors, 15mm front, 20mm back. Was getting worryed,I thought an ofset of 20 on the front would be ok, christ only just! Had to cut 3 threads from front wheel bolts and everything went smoothly.

DSCF1934.jpg

DSCF1935.jpg

DSCF1932.jpg

DSCF1927.jpg

DSCF1930.jpg

DSCF1929.jpg

DSCF1928.jpg

HOWEVER i have been collecting a few bits for the raddo, will get pics up soon.

cheers mate, erm there is talks of a ring trip next summer, but hoping to go to australia for 3 weeks, and id rather go next again year cos me and my mate should have the derby track car we have finished and turbo'd by then.

but back to aviemore soon, mates parents have the house sitting there empty between october and april, might aswell make the most of it! only 2 hours up the road :D

See you :mad:

If you haven't got that rado sorted before mine is back on the road i'll take it away from you :lol:

Golf looks good bud, any more plans for it?

Was meaning to speak to you about a ring trip, need to try and organise something?!

These were meant for the mk4, but now up for sale soon, BBS LM reps, actually Axis Supermesh. thought id chuck them on the raddo for a laugh!

DSCF1952.jpg

DSCF1950.jpg

DSCF1951.jpg

Does it even ROLL with those wheels on it, or are they just wedged into the arch?!

I dont liek it :( Looks far too big imo...looks ok in the first pic, but the 2nd one just looks far too empasized.

All imo of course :)

ah just noticed on ed38, you were just tryin them on off the mk4 :p