Sign in to follow this  
jimma

Wot has every one done to make there car quicker ?

I've got a 1.8 16v G reg corrado and want to make her quicker wot do you suggest ?Apart from selling it and getting a G60

sell it and get a vr6?

sorry, if i didnt say it someone else would have!

flusted and a couple of others on here are your best bets for 1.8 16v performance, 160bhp is possible with a fair bit of work, obviously you could turbo it for a quick, but expensive, fix.

Aye.

The 16v engine is not the easiest to tune, but there's a few things that can be done to brighten the performance up a bit.

Have asearch for 16v engine mods , there's been quite a few lengthy threads on here about it.

really not worth tuning a valver unless you really like the engine. Its a much better engine than its given credit for (Ian Birch loves em') but best advice is save for a VR.

I've got a 1.8 16v G reg corrado and want to make her quicker wot do you suggest ?Apart from selling it and getting a G60

gas-flowed head mated to a 2L block will get you 170bhp, it's not going to be cheap though, expect to pay 600 for the head and 100 upwards for a 2L block depending on age/mileage, then you've got to fit it all.

High lift cams will add another 10bhp or so at the top end but they're not good for the road on the 1.8 due to the shift of torque up the rev band.

David.

As far as I'm aware you need to do the following for 200+

Stainless ehxaust mani

decent catfree exaust

ported/polished head (CNC/TSR = ££££)

ported/polished intake mani

cams

additional fuelling

ligthened flywheel (just for response)

but as mentioned above, this give you a skip load of power if you rag the tits off it, but naff all torque low down

A good setup on the rolling road at Stealth often yields good results for starters!

get a head from CNC heads... ;) not cheap, but:

This head has the potential to give a flow which will provide up to 252 BHP at 8500rpm or 219 BHP at 7000 rpm with fueling, exhaust and camshaft modifications.

Think that speaks for itself... 8)

get a head from CNC heads... ;) not cheap, but:

This head has the potential to give a flow which will provide up to 252 BHP at 8500rpm or 219 BHP at 7000 rpm with fueling, exhaust and camshaft modifications.

Think that speaks for itself... 8)

Or from us and benifit from your forum discount . :wink: :lol:

g-man, sorry mate, didn't realise you were doing the 16V heads too... :oops:

SMALLER WHEELS! I put original G60 sebring alloys inplace of my 16" wheels and the boost in power was definatly noticable! even daft resistor mods can make a subtle difference.

Absolutely! I put my 15s back on and 283hp with 250 pounds of torque is real handful now compared to 17s!

SMALLER WHEELS! I put original G60 sebring alloys inplace of my 16" wheels and the boost in power was definatly noticable! even daft resistor mods can make a subtle difference.

ive got one of those resistor things but not sure where to fit it any ideas ?it came with no instructions or pictures

i basically fitted a 4branch and ran 2 exhaust cams,then a tune up at stealth and got 162bhp total lot cost me no more than £500 (did work myself tho)