Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

New suspension- Uneven rear ride height

AS above.

On the bora not the corrado. Cant for the life of me figure out whats going on. There's now about a centimetre height diffence between the rear two sides. The rhd (off-side) being the lower.

The drive at my house is pretty level so i'm sure its not that. Although I shall be checking somewhere else later on tonight.

Anyone got any ideas?? It a new Koni SSK kit that I've just fitted.

My current thoughts are too scary. i.e. the rear arm thingy is bent, but I sure its not. MIght have to have the whole lot apart again tomorrow. :(

T.

Where are you measuring from and to?

Try measuring top centre of arch to centre of wheel and floor. Also try coming off suspension mounting points bolts which should be accurare.

First of all though I would try to find a very flat surface.

Assume this is with shorter springs? I don't think this is totally unexpected, as with the front where there's slightly more weight to one side so it won't be dead level, the back will probably be similar in that there will also be a slight difference. But measuring can be tricky as Phil says and may not be as bad as you think.

Or, since the rear Konis do have height adjust circlips, you could check they are in the same grooves (5 of them IIRC). Also, have you changed/shortened the rear bump stops, depending how accurate you were can also affect the height; I tried loads of setting combinations on my valver before I got her sitting right.

HTH a bit.

Yeah it's because of the natural lean to the side where there's most weight concentration, i.e. the offside. It's the same with VRs especially when using fixed height kits. Mine was lower at the rear offside by 6 or 7mm with the Koni/HRs.

Measure from the rear axle mounts to the floor to get the true measurements.

LOL, there's about an inch of air at the front....it's because of the 40 profile 16s mate. They should be 45 but that can be easily sorted by doing a few burnouts and then fitting the correct size :-)

If I go any lower the front spoiler is going to have to be replaced with a smaller 50mm jobby, which I don't like, so the 90mm and current height are staying ;-)

No ride height adjustment on this kit. I'm measuring from the top of the wheel arch to tyhe bottom of the alloy wheel. That negates tyre pressure.

I've looked at the car on many different surfaces. Mostly petrol station forcourts and you can tell just by looking it aint the same height.

Funnily enough the fronts measure the same height which is odd. Does have a full fuel tank at the moment so perhaps i'll wait and see whats happens when it gets a bit emptier and settles.

The suspension has certainly made a marked improvement from what it was. Handle liked a dog turd in corners before. Front nearside shock was dead as a dodo too. Also it looks rather nice now too.

Cheers guys

T.

one side is always higher then the other,,, what some ppl do is wind one side lower, but imo it ruins the balance of the car

double-6s, yes coilovers,,, if ppl are cagey the only way to get them to open up is bribary

try german ebay have every cheap FK's mate

Are the springs seated properly in the cups on the suspension arm ?

You didn't have any large stone in there that the spring might be sat on ?

nope, they're clean as a whistle.

Might try swapping the springs over. Then I'll know whether its the springs or not.

T.