Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Expanding the Forum's knowledge base

I think it would be excellent if the mods/Andi/etc would be able to make the Corrado forum into a knowledge base for more than just the C.

My problem is trying to go onto BMW forums (for my new purchase) to find out answers for my problems.

There are just so many, how can I put this correctly,

Impolite, Unsophisticated Knob Jockeys

I mean I expect to post up a problem and have Kev solve my problems in under 1 minute. Kev and gang aren't on Bimmerwerkz etc, they are full of American looney cases who are just plain annoying.

So please, make an Audi section, a BMW section and maybe even a Porsche or Merc section and German this place up!

Chow for now

Neil

sorry, but i feel the easy answer is to buy another corrado - what is this, the fountain of all knowledge? :)

PS. i notice kev still managed to answer your question in 10mins :lol:

Wouldn't expanding this to cover more than the Corrado then make it a general car forum as opposed to a Corrado forum therefore making it less appealing to the enthusiasts amongst us!

Bit pointless I feel, better stick with Kevs idea and tootle over to a BMW enthusiasts forum where you;d be better served!

I think part of what makes this site so good is the fact that its very focused on one VW marque, whos owners are, in general, a specific sort of person. If the forum were opened up to (for example) all makes of VW things could well change very very quickly.

since buying my goof i've had alot of trouble finding a good, busy, friendly forum to ask about the ins and outs of the car, e38 forums are 'ok' but seem very quiet, ukmkiv's forum seems to know its stuff, but takes weeks to reply and the list goes on. I think this just highlights how good this 'little' community is. if more makes/cars were added to the mix it could muddy the waters of whats currently a pretty clean pool of information. (hows that for a 9am metaphor?).

just my 2p :)

i didn't reallt take BBN seriously in his request? Think he was being a bit tongue in cheek - if he wasn't, ditto bluejoe and chilly and go buy another corrado, ya leech ;)

My problem is trying to go onto BMW forums (for my new purchase) to find out answers for my problems.

There are just so many, how can I put this correctly,

Impolite, Unsophisticated Knob Jockeys

You're buying a BMW, what did you expect? :lol:

The guys are right - we need to keep the place Corrado-specific, but thanks for thinking of us :)

Agreed. This place is a Corrado Forum. I have problems with my Golf but I tootle off to Golf forums to talk about em.

The problem would be brand rivalry that we'd inevitably get if we started getting the owners of various marques onboard and we already have a hard enough time managing the Corrado owners :D :)

If only every car had a forum like this. (potential forum motto) ;)

I agree with what chris said, what makes this foum so good is that it is focused on one thing and Corrado owners do seem to be a good bunch of people. Exapanding the KB is one thing but how long until he foum is full of uncouth ruffians?!

Yes. We end up concluding that this is, indeed, a fine forum with plenty of decent people on it.

I am always telling friends and family how much this forum is frequented by reasonable, well-informed, hard-working people, mostly a generation apart from myself. I would not come onto it if it were mainly populated with abusive knobends.

It seems to me that no matter what subject or car people ask questions or comments on they get, mostly, well informed answers from someone.

Plenty of members have owned other types of car and/or know about them anyway and there are plenty of sections in which to place your question or comment.

IMO a formal widening of the knowledge base is not required.

yeap this is the Corrado Forum,, witha bit of other Vag usesrs and previous corrado owners in,, point is its cool as it is and if anyone wants to ask something about another car they just put it in vehicle related chiot chat and if someone knows the answer then they will post it,, no need for formalities here!!

Yeah I was just joking about this, obviously if it was an all car forum there would be an attraction of the usual BMW/Merc owners which wouldn't be a good thing. I shall try out the BMW magazine forum

This forum really is very good!