Sign in to follow this  
jekvr6

saw a vr6 campaign in ipswich

When you say you saw it..do you mean drove past? or walked around?

Just wondering what sort of condition it's in?...doesn;t sound like it's being completely cherished as it's out in January in an MFI carpark.

I was thinking that.

Campaign, do you know the people who own the others (apart from the 5th). Could it be possible that one or more campaign owners don't realise how rare/significant their car is??

I believe that one is owned by a lady who uses it as her daily run about - I think CCGB members have approached her before but basically she's not interested in parting with it or anything like that. Bit of a shame really as it means so much to us enthusiasts!

Just wondering what sort of condition it's in?...doesn;t sound like it's being completely cherished as it's out in January in an MFI carpark.

It's fairly mint to be honest, only goes out a couple of times a week...

yer walked round it its not bad at all still wouldnt use it this time of year my vr6 is tucked away under lots of covers really should get it out and fit my tt seats

Seen it a few times myself milling about the old Ips of wich.... not in MFI though.

I've never liked the Campaign though so it's not quite the 'event' for me to see one that is to some other people.

Glad to see she's still got it and using it though.... such a waste wrapping sports cars up. It's like spending £10K on a decent stereo and only listening to it once a month.... earn it....buy it....enjoy it. You can't take it with you ;-)

you're not suggesting you fleece this poor woman if she really doesnt know what shes got are you? sheesh!

if shes not willing to sell, stick a copy of a magazine article detailing exactly how rare and important the camp's are under her windscreen in the hopes that she'll decide to take really really good care of it!

Had a looky at the search, and it seems no-one has come up with a realistic price for one. What would they go for?

That's a tough one, I think it would depend on who was selling and who was buying it. After all it is only worth more than a standard VR if someone is willing to pay that much.

Had a looky at the search, and it seems no-one has come up with a realistic price for one. What would they go for?

That's a tough one, I think it would depend on who was selling and who was buying it. After all it is only worth more than a standard VR if someone is willing to pay that much.

true,

Shame really. but if it was a high miler, someone might be in for a bargian piece of history.

ill try and take some photos off it with out looking like a complete sad t##t to the rest of the world still got to be woth aleast 6k hasnt it i didnt really like it my self but of course would love to just to go to the show and have the whole place looking at a standard car and say yer its mine !!!!!!!!!!!!

i can see opinions being very devided over this one, what price can you put on exclusivity? personally i reckon its worth a couple of grand over the price of a standard VR in the same condition, yes they're rare, but they aint gold plated!