Sign in to follow this  
jimmy83

New 'rado owner......

Hi all, first off, brilliant forum, I haven't even got my car yet and already I'm looking into 24v conversions etc. I've had a mk2 golf gti 8v for a few years (up for sale soon...) and the corrado was a natural progression. I'll be picking her up on saturady, can't wait! Its a '95 2.0 16v in metalic black, fsh with 80,000......what do you guys think?

found sum pics of my golf too......really can't decide wether or not to sell her, i love it too much... :oops: Using it for work at the mo, it's got a 2.0 8v engine, plenty of torque for the daily grind.

cheers for the comments guys. Anouther bonus is that I work in southam, about ooooh, say 30 seconds away from stealth racing. Although My g/f would probably class it as more of a curse!! :-P

On the 'trader. tbh, was looking for a nice black g60, but all were mega high mileage, and had 'questionable' 'charger history.....Went to see this one, and it was just right. I do prefer the later styling too. I know its not going to be as quick as the g60, but it's a damn good base for a project.

On the 'trader. tbh, was looking for a nice black g60, but all were mega high mileage, and had 'questionable' 'charger history.....Went to see this one, and it was just right. I do prefer the later styling too. I know its not going to be as quick as the g60, but it's a damn good base for a project.

they're not quick, but if your thinking of doing engine stuff, its not worth spending extra to get the G engine! looks a solid base for whatever you decide. Im currently getting tempted by a high power Tdi conversion :wink:

do prefer the later styling too. I know its not going to be as quick as the g60, but it's a damn good base for a project.

Looks good, nice to see another tidy valver.

Oh and G60 power, have a look at my signature, it can be done!

they're not quick, but if your thinking of doing engine stuff, its not worth spending extra to get the G engine! looks a solid base for whatever you decide. Im currently getting tempted by a high power Tdi conversion :wink:

.... they can be bloomin quick!! make the KR Cam mod the first you do and you'll not be far off a VR (as ZippyVR6 will confirm about mine). Check my sig for the bhp etc....

looks like a great base for a project, welcome aboard! :)

hmmm, a mate of mine has got a vr 'rado, would certainly piss him off if i could hang on to him for a bit.....! although he's having it turbo'd at dubsport now...... :x

This car looks a bit familiar! I saw it parked up just across the road from my flat the other night! Will drop you a PM to confirm location! :)

Looked very nice though - clean and original :)

very nice - welcome!

I think every 2ltr valver on this forum will have the kr cam mod done soon!

Andrew

Took some half decent pics the other night, after a serious polishing session!

I'm quite chuffed with the results. Just need some nice rims now! Any suggestions on rim choice? I was swaying towards either bbs splits (if it's a good month.....), or ronal LS if I'm hard up!