bigpants baby

How long have you had your corrado?

Haha,

I have had my Corrado 25 years this year & still blasting around in it!

Hi Carl, some thread resurrection!

How are you keeping, not seen you around much? I’ve this one 19 years and 1 day. Had the first one 5 1/2 years before that so you’ve just pipped me!

Hi Carl, some thread resurrection!

How are you keeping, not seen you around much? I’ve this one 19 years and 1 day. Had the first one 5 1/2 years before that so you’ve just pipped me!

How you doing chap!?

Trying to upload some decent pics on here,but been so long............

This is before my time going back to the early days of the Forum, blimey.

Bought my Corrado in April of 2002 from a Dr Hugh in Alton I think,

for roughly £6000

Mileage then was 62k

Owned it now for 17-1/2 years,

longest I've ever owned a car.

Si

How you doing chap!?

Trying to upload some decent pics on here,but been so long............

Yeah, good thanks, yourself?

Done a fair bit of restoration the last few years, new leather, new paint, lots of new bits, I’m still running the climate control and obd2 I bought from you, are you still breaking motors, could use a Passat B4 ABS lamp if so!!!

Crazy to think but now for 20+ years I've had one kind or another in my possession. Saying that they haven't always been in drive-able condition but I'm now coming up on 6 years of daily Corrado use, like some kind of second Corrado coming

I’ve just bought mine grey VR6 off a forum member “Neil” in Scotland. He’s owned it from new until yesterday so 27 years. Not sure of his username would be great to know to keep him updated on the car.

13yrs now, but have been thinking recently i'd really like a mk4 Toyota Supra, as i can see them fetching stupid money in the future

13yrs now, but have been thinking recently i'd really like a mk4 Toyota Supra, as i can see them fetching stupid money in the future

Yeah always thought these looked amazing especially in red and the power you can get out of that block ! wow

Erm, 2005 I think. Maybe 2006. I've mostly had a Mk2 GTi as a daily driver - still do - so the Storm's done a pitiful mileage and lived a pampered lifestyle. Always wanted one from the day I saw a Corrado 'somewhere in London' and had to find out what it was. I'm an ex motorcycle journalist and road-tester and mostly cars just leave me cold. The only three I've ever had any interest in are the Mk2 GTi, the Corrado and the 911. I guess I'm just odd, but I still get a gormless grin from the VR6 noise. I get that there are faster, slicker, more expensive cars, but after spending years testing insanely fast motorcycles, it doesn't really matter to me.

Toyota Supra? Just no :-)

Mk2 golf, Corrado, 911 the dream team trio totally agree. I would like a 911 again a well sorted one but couldn't justify selling the Rado as spent just too much money on her , its like a wife you can't divorce because it would cost too much ha. You need a 16v Mk2 though mate wink wink.

Just worked out how to use google images.

Here is my Golf.

https://photos.google.com/u/0/album/AF1QipOYXqpu05hYu18qfjH8BMIu9IhZz2EW-D_4E4TT

Edited by Keyo

17 years

Immobile in the garage for the last 16 but oh well, it's fun pushing it around to get something hefty out of storage!

17 years

Immobile in the garage for the last 16 but oh well, it's fun pushing it around to get something hefty out of storage!

How come you have never fixed the car ? I imagine it has pretty low mileage ?

Mk2 golf, Corrado, 911 the dream team trio totally agree. I would like a 911 again a well sorted one but couldn't justify selling the Rado as spent just too much money on her , its like a wife you can't divorce because it would cost too much ha. You need a 16v Mk2 though mate wink wink.

Just worked out how to use google images.

Here is my Golf.

https://photos.google.com/u/0/album/AF1QipOYXqpu05hYu18qfjH8BMIu9IhZz2EW-D_4E4TT

Can't see the Golf pics, comes up with an error for me. Mine's a 3-door Tornado Red, 8-valve, but with a TSR head, cam, branch manifold, chip, Jetex and mildly lowered on Konis. Drives really well, but needs a new driver's side door and I ought to do something about the sunroof deflector. Can't justify a 911 unless I sell the Storm and I really don't want to do that.

Can't see the Golf pics, comes up with an error for me. Mine's a 3-door Tornado Red, 8-valve, but with a TSR head, cam, branch manifold, chip, Jetex and mildly lowered on Konis. Drives really well, but needs a new driver's side door and I ought to do something about the sunroof deflector. Can't justify a 911 unless I sell the Storm and I really don't want to do that.

Hi is the link working now chap or anyone else confirm ? Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KofL9bRESGSeZJv47

Sure not long did my wind deflector . Took mine to the powder coaters to be dipped in saturn black, the black plastic clips on the end that houses the arms are an absolute bugger to get off and also obsolete , managed it in the end with chunks out my fingers missing ha. I went for Eibach and B4 Bilstein 20 mm lower, took off the headers and went for a brand new OE mani from classics as found the headers far to droney for me, almost gave me a headache (signs of becoming an old fart unfortunately). I really want a 911 again also but cant bring myself to sell the Rado as it's such a rare car, I went to Caffeine and Machine a couple of months back and the owner of the place got me to park it by the door and didn't charge me an entrance fee, proper car folks really do hold the car with high esteem and seemed to be more popular than any 911 on show there. The plus sides on the 911 320 bhp out the box and rear wheel drive, lots of other pluses to but the bills on these cars can be huge from my experience, sort of worth it though.

What is wrong with your drivers door mate I just got my hinges re welded and new pins and hinges, all the doors for sale seemed to be in worse conditioned so was the best option at the time.

Edited by Keyo

Hi is the link working now chap or anyone else confirm ? Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KofL9bRESGSeZJv47

Sure not long did my wind deflector . Took mine to the powder coaters to be dipped in saturn black, the black plastic clips on the end that houses the arms are an absolute bugger to get off and also obsolete , managed it in the end with chunks out my fingers missing ha. I went for Eibach and B4 Bilstein 20 mm lower, took off the headers and went for a brand new OE mani from classics as found the headers far to droney for me, almost gave me a headache (signs of becoming an old fart unfortunately). I really want a 911 again also but cant bring myself to sell the Rado as it's such a rare car, I went to Caffeine and Machine a couple of months back and the owner of the place got me to park it by the door and didn't charge me an entrance fee, proper car folks really do hold the car with high esteem and seemed to be more popular than any 911 on show there. The plus sides on the 911 320 bhp out the box and rear wheel drive, lots of other pluses to but the bills on these cars can be huge from my experience, sort of worth it though.

What is wrong with your drivers door mate I just got my hinges re welded and new pins and hinges, all the doors for sale seemed to be in worse conditioned so was the best option at the time.

That's lovely. Liking the OE stereo. Mine is sat in a box in the cellar, I might just put it back in for added authenticity.

So... my driver's door has just had a hard life and has some rust below the window line and on the bottom corner. I'm sure it's salvageable, but the joy of Tornado Red Golfs is that they fade so much, so any sort of respray colour match is a nightmare. So I'm patiently holding on to see if a good condition matching door comes up. Plan B is maybe to find someone who'll paint the entire driver's side of the car, in which case I can also get the fuel-filler properly sorted at the same time - it's maybe just starting to go :-(