Sign in to follow this  
pip

o.k im a thick 1st raddo owner,but whats the differance in?

:oops: sorry to ask :oops:

keep seeing stuff about pre facelift models and post facelift models?

please can anyone let me know whats the differance and if pics even better,because it will learn me something else about the raddo ive had since oct last year :wink:

mines a 1.8 16v 'G' plate so is it either the above or none of the above :?: :wink:

Yours is a pre-facelift model mate since it was in production before 1993. Main differences (off the top of my head) are: bonnet, wider front wings, slightly different front and rear bumpers, slam panel with different grille mountings, slightly larger headlights, fog lights and indicators positioned further forward, a few interior changes such as the rotary heater controls, clocks with a digital odometer and electric window switches in the door pods.

I'm sure there are plently more small changes that I can't think of.

yours is a pre facelift model,you can tell by your bonnet as its got a sunken bulge

missis said 'Good' :D cos if she cant have a facelift :roll: the bloody raddo aint :lol:

cheers for that @ least i know what model it is now :wink:

Also interior had re-vamped door handles, door opening handles, window and door mirror switches/postions, stalks and dash switches, door pods, and steering wheel. Think that's it.... cue somone else!

That may be when the variable intermittent wipe came in as well but that's a bit of a guess.

I've never seen a Corrado with variable intermittent wipe. Hands up who's got that...

I think we all have, but its well hidden.

1. Put the wipers on intermittent.

2. Turn the off.

3. After the required delay put them back on intermittent, the time interval will be the time they were off for! It resets to 6 seconds when the ignition is switched off.

Well clever set up, shame they didn't make it more obvious.

Yea i only found this out recently, very useful. And keeps you entertained while driving!

sunken bulge

hehehe :lol:

I've never seen a Corrado with variable intermittent wipe. Hands up who's got that...

I think we all have, but its well hidden.

1. Put the wipers on intermittent.

2. Turn the off.

3. After the required delay put them back on intermittent, the time interval will be the time they were off for! It resets to 6 seconds when the ignition is switched off.

Well clever set up, shame they didn't make it more obvious.

thats 2 things ive learnt :D never knew that happened! bout the only time i want it to rain now so i can try it out :lol:

isnt the wiper trick only on facelift cars :?:

Or those caught in the changeover period.

Mines an early H with no variable wipe action :wink:

A fiver for the relay eh? Sounds a bit cheap to me that, Walesy.

Think I'll phone our freinds behind the desk. Relay Number 99 innit?

going to try this out as soon as she is back on the road.

Its true you learn somthing new every day!!!!!!!!!!!

REALLY!? feck, it is well hidden! ill give it a go. Was it standard on all models? Didnt realise my G60 had heated washer jets until i came to take bonnet off and put new/second-hand one on. Theres plugs to go into the washers but werent there on replacement bonnet.