Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Controversial - Which type of Corrado has the best sound?

VR6 with a CDA.. trounces the sound of the G60 for me any day!

I'd like to hear Henny's tomorrow, but unfortuanlty will not be there.

More importantly for those that have heard my car in the past, I loved that sound. I can't wait to here what it sounds like on full chat now!!!

I've had a sneak preview while it ran, but only below 3K revs! However the combination of a very lumpy assymetric 268/276 cam, ported head with big valves, now a 2030cc engine, induction kit and the 65mm toothed pulley kit the noise was just like nothing i've heard! I'm soooooooooooo looking forward to hearing it flat out, especially in the tunnels around the centre of birmingham!!! And also the faces of those in cars near me!!! :lol:

Be a long wait I'm afraid - The new pistons have only just been ordered and have to be designed, forged and shipped from JE in the States and then run in and mapped!

I was really pleased with my old 1.8t when i bought it alot of them sound a bit weak but this is what it sounded like from inside:

(may take a minute to load)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.cam ... viein1.mov

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.campbell4/Rado2.MOV

And outside

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.cam ... movie1.mov

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.cam ... %20mov.mov

Thats said im looking forward to the sound of the VR i just bought and re-built as a raw grunt rather than the dump valve kicking in every drop in revs.

Damn this is a tough one.

Nick VR's sounded good before he fitted the cold air feed pipe to his CDA with a full miltek.

Kev's (Haywire) charged VR makes a very sweet noise as well.

Any of the G60's with a toothed conversion just sound really ominous at idle.

Being somewhat bias I also love the sound of my valver at around 5k and up to 7k.

John (JMR's) 16vG60 also sound superb throughout the rev range.

Be a long wait I'm afraid - The new pistons have only just been ordered and have to be designed, forged and shipped from JE in the States and then run in and mapped!

sure its gonna be worth the wait 8)

I've yet to hear a corrado sound anywhere near as good as mine with the 24v and the exhaust bypass. any got the link to my curborough vid (can't be arsed to find it!)

as gor G60's, no way! they sound fecking awful! VR induction growl beats that any day

I've yet to hear a corrado sound anywhere near as good as mine with the 24v and the exhaust bypass. any got the link to my curborough vid (can't be arsed to find it!)

as gor G60's, no way! they sound fecking awful! VR induction growl beats that any day

is that the vid at the short track mate?

sounds fekin gorgeous. nails :)

as gor G60's, no way! they sound fecking awful!

think we'll have to wait an see about that,sure sam's is gonna change some opinions :p

yep, got to agree, sounded like an f16 taking off....brilliant! I Was suprised how quite the other valvers were compared to mine today!

i love the sound of the G when its thrashed but i hate the droning when your cruising.

i've gone beyond noticin the dronin,although everytime i give anybody a lift the always comment on the sound of the charger :)

Just found this thread, i am in the luckey position to have a G60 corrado, a 16v corrado and a VR6 golf.

By far the VR and g60's sound better than the 16v does.

The G60 is a howl and its great fun, but can be a little annoying, but the VR just sounds awesome the more you push it.....its a difficult one, i am going to sit on the fence :lol:

Kev's Supercharged VR6 sounded mental at the RR day today :notworthy:

Yeah.. must admit it really is just a stunning sound.

Its that sort of metallic whistling.. then as the power comes on it sort of fades out and goes into an even more crazy VR6 bellowing roar.. thoroughly intoxicating I must say.

cda?

You know.. BMC CDA.. enclosed air filter! :)

Its like a management meeting with all these TLAs

(Three Letter Abbreviations)

:lol:

I am going for that EIP turbo'd R32. OK I know its not a corrado, but everyone is fitting R32 engines into their corrados now so it counts in my eyes

Kev's Supercharged VR6 sounded mental at the RR day today :notworthy:

Yeah.. must admit it really is just a stunning sound.

Its that sort of metallic whistling.. then as the power comes on it sort of fades out and goes into an even more crazy VR6 bellowing roar.. thoroughly intoxicating I must say.

Cheers guys :oops:

I live with that noise every day and I must admit it only ever sounds good (to me) on the rollers, all other times that whistling is actually quite irritating :-) But that's just me, I've always preferred subtle over showy and Vortech don't make a charger quieter than that. A VR6 turbo sounds a lot better imo, smoother but angrier 8)

My favourite engine noises ever unfortunately aren't VW derived!