Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

G60SC_Stoneys C! Nearly there!

Let me tell you a story....

I just replaced my Battery Friday with an Optima yellow top, due to the old one being flat (from what i thought was lack of use, due to having the VR6 to drive) , and the alarm setting itself off and waking everyone up at 2am :oops:. but unfortunatly wasnt due to lack of use at all, because it went off at midnight last night (after i fitted the new battery).

Anyway i took it for a drive into the middle of Nowhere to stop waking the neighbours and figure out what was wrong. turns out headlight didnt work either, so driving around with only my foglights on, and a completly iced up windscreen (leaning out of Drivers window Ace Ventura stylee) i managed to get it away and into the middle of the local common (with the alarm still going off!) and pull the bonnet (which has a broken cable-so REALLY had to yank the cable with my bare hands--which is now completly broken) to look at what the cause could be, after fumbling around in the pitch black i decided to look at the uprated headlight loom, which turns out had a knackered relay and must have been discharging the battery all the time. and setting the alarm off.

After pulling the uprated loom off the car in the dark and recconnecting the original loom, all was working fine (if a bit darker), but just to check that it wasnt going to go off again, i locked the car and waited an hour to see if the alarm was going to go off again. All was well so drove home and got back into bed at about 3.30 this morning. what a night! think ill just be leaving the headlights alone from now on.....

dont laugh, not funny. im going to be pulling the whole car apart in a few weeks and the last thing i wanted was for something going wrong before ive even started!

put my new BBS RS 301s on the Golf today as a treat!! looks Soooooo good everyone is loving them even getting big :thumbleft: from people driving by and when getting out of saying how nice the car is!!! fantastic set of wheels!! just need to lower the front end a bit more and it'll be perfect! Cheers Darren! (will get some semi-classy pics up tommmorow-might go to Goodwood and take some MikeG60 Stylee!!) watch this space!! BRING ON THE TURBO!!

ok so i finished giving the car a polish today, few more things to do (glass/leather/plastics) but here some pics....

CIMG1368.jpg

CIMG1367.jpg

CIMG1366.jpg

CIMG1365.jpg

CIMG1364.jpg

sun kind of went down a bit when i took them but its like glass!!

what do you think ?

My favourite rims, they look bloody brilliant...

Loved this car when i saw it at the south coast meet, very nice....

cheers mate!! possible big plans to come, depending on how much the insurance is going to be when it comes round next year, include ditching the Konis and getting some posh H+R fully adjustables, bigger brakes and then a Nice turbo....

yeah mate i got it! isnt half tempting.. but my money is tied up in other things at the moment for me to buy that 16vG60 lump! awesome engine tho!

RSs look quality aswell man! needs lowering at the front tho..lol

i can always lend you some if need be ?

RSs look quality aswell man! needs lowering at the front tho..lol

i know, have to get some new suspension at some time...

right, the Golf will be up for sale soon, ill be taking her along to the Volksdevil meet and then im putting her up for sale. cant really justify 2 fast cars all the time, and as the corrado Project is coming along nicely i want to spend a bit of extra money on that, so if you are interested let me know. i will be putting a for sale thread up later in the month.....

Yay! got my internet back today after moving home so thought id give you all an update on how the Corrado is coming along, and show you all some pics:

First of all i had my 17" BBS RS301s rebuilt and had the centres colour coded to the car, along with new dishes, caps and gold badges and Gold BBS bolts to finish them off, they really do look the part, just cant wait to get them on the car, tried them on the corrado last week and they just pop out past the arch by about half an inch, and look spot on IMO.....

CIMG1423.jpg

CIMG1434.jpg

CIMG1432.jpg

CIMG1428.jpg

Should also be recieving my other set from Germany in the next few weeks which will be fully polished, just have to get some tyres fitted to them and see what they look like, (pics to follow)

Car is still in the bodyshop having all the dents and scratches etc removed and a few other choice items removed and filled, no doubt a few of you will spot what they are, the rest of you will have to wait until she's at the shows.....

CIMG1388.jpg

CIMG1392.jpg

CIMG1394.jpg

CIMG1404.jpg

CIMG1418.jpg

CIMG1411.jpg

CIMG1416.jpg

Hopefully she will be ready for her grand unvailing at Edition 38 this year, but the way things seem to be going i doubt it, but that would be down to me as we never intended on getting a full respray on the car, just wanted to give under the bonnet a quick respray for the time being, but if you are going to do it, DO IT RIGHT!!

The engine is all ready and built and just needs dropping in as does the Peloquin equipped gearbox, got about 80meters of different diameter plastic sleeving to sleeve all the engine bay wires etc to keep it all tidy underneath, along with brand new bottles and tanks etc.

Unfortunalty the new lether interior wont be in her in time for the show so im jsut going to have to use my standard black leather recaros for the time being, until i can get her booked in to be retrimmed properly....i suppose she is coming along, just getting annoying as i havent driven her in about 5 months and she still aint ready!!

Damn.. you bodyshop's look like its in some-one's shed!

Mind you Rado appears to be in very good company....

Fingers etc for ED for you....

BTW you can have too many sets of RS's you know... ;)

good to see youre still in the land of the living matey. The rados coming along very nicely

Gav

FINALLY being sprayed up as we speak, we found a wet patch under the rear wheel arch that we couldnt figure out where it was coming from or what it was (as it hadnt been outside for about 3 months!) so we held off until it dried up and wont be coming back. we sealed all the arches up so now she should last for ages and has no rust or damage to her at all! YAY! so she should be rolling out of the bodyshop within the next 2-3 weeks ready for everything else to go in.

Im still yet to decide on what colour carpet to go in her, and ive still got to pick my porsche seats up from Darren and get them retrimmed. Theres still plenty to do and i still think it'll be touch and go whether i can get it all done by the end of the year....

ill let you know if im still after it by Monday.....

How did you get on with looking at the VR? Are u still interested in my engine?

the VR was a shed, needed A LOT of work doing to it to get it right. Regarding your engine, my missus thinks it will be a bit too Fast for her, and due to insurance reasons we will have to decline, instead we are just going to get her current engine rebuilt to standard spec. Thanks all the same, (if it was my choice i would have had it, as i know in the future all she is going to want is more power!)