Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

G60SC_Stoneys C! Nearly there!

All that money and you STILL don't have a matching set of wheels Dan! :lol:

Top job, can't wait to one day see this... you must have taken all the zips/studs off your clothes by now! Or do you wear an all in one Microfibre romper suit when you're near the car!

All that money and you STILL don't have a matching set of wheels Dan! :lol:

Top job, can't wait to one day see this... you must have taken all the zips/studs off your clothes by now! Or do you wear an all in one Microfibre romper suit when you're near the car!

well actually, i did go shopping for car wash clothes a while ago, and came back with a really soft fleece jumper, and a nice pair of jogging bottoms, pics of these will NOT be available! i do go through a process of making sure my pockets are empty and im not wearing my watch. last thing i want is to scratch the car!

Can wait to see this the paint looks awesome

Graham

cheers mate, got one more layer of wax to put on, but im going to give it a few more days just to bed in. In the meantime ive got the soundproofing to go in and then the carpet, followed by the rest of the interior, lots to do, hopefully she'll be ready for E38!

right, little update for you guys to show i havent been too lazy, ive soundproofed the interior, and ive installed most of the the new panels, next job to do is take the rear beam off get that sorted out, shotblasted, powdercoated and refitted with new MK4 calipers and my flash new 280mm disks, new handbrake cables, bushes and rear ARB, and the same deal with the front suspension.

Then its just a case of fitting the rest of the interior, carpet and ICE. New copper brake lines, and slotting the engine and gearbox in, and getting her mapped on the DTA. So im nearly there, chance of me making it to E38 in it this year? 35% :shrug:

anyway heres some pics:

DSC00119-1.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

Going to be stupidly nice Dan, look forward to seeing it whens shes all done and dusted..

Fair play Dan that's looking lovely. I like the colour of the interior, will be a nice contrast with the body colour 8)

Nice work dude!

Might have to pop over and take a look!

How's the VR?

VR is ok, got its MOT coming up in july, so ill be sending it over for a few jobs sometime soon, such as:

Fitting my Koni's

fitting new front wishbones

new disks and pads all round

checking that nothing has fallen off/broken since we last had a look over her

should provide you with some beer money!

:)

Great, let me know when you want to have a crack at her.

Should have loads more space inside soon. :)

Should have loads more space inside soon. :)

The hamster moving out? :norty: :lol:

she is no longer going to be having a 4 cylinder engine, ive seen the light....Tom, Ben....you will soon be in employment in my garage....

Mmm, looking very tasty Stoney. That's a beautiful colour and the interior looks top class. :clap:

So...12 or 24?

yup it is indeed. i will be putting up a for sale thread in the next few days for all my parts including the engine, (when i get the full specs on it)

Boooooooooo looks like im going to be the only one supporting the highly strung brigade :lol:

i was under the impression you were selling up and doing something else?

Yeh the Golf is still going.. 8)

Going Rado again... but not entirely sure what route yet.. and i have a farely tight budget aswell lol

hehe...one day you will see the light....its all down to potential, and someone making an offer on some essential G60 parts, luckily its all come at the right time, and i'd be silly to pass up the offer of fitting a silky smooth 6 cylinder, ive experienced a VR6 and now theres no going back....I WANT MORE!!!

I dont really regret it tbh.. i just think in a way, Corrados are alot more "daily" friendly... I am so so paranoid about the Mk2 when i take it anywhere... its at the stage where its too mint :lol:

So bring on some Corrado Loving... Gonna go for white or Red this time aswell... something new for me.. ive only ever owned Dark cars :D