Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

G60SC_Stoneys C! Nearly there!

Awesome job you're doing there mate, the paint looks spot on.

Want to pick your brains a bit though, you mentioned getting some 5 stud G60 hubs to fit your 301's, what are they ?? Are you talking VR hubs or that Bahn Brenner hub conversion business. I'm gonna be fitting some 301's when i can find some, and i'm having a respray in a cpuple of weeks too so its good to get some inspiration from yours, love it !!

ive got some G60 wheel hubs that are drilled to 5x100, so i dont need to use adapters, which will give me an extra 20mm clearance each side. think you can get them from eurospec or someone? might be BBM?

ive got some G60 wheel hubs that are drilled to 5x100, so i dont need to use adapters, which will give me an extra 20mm clearance each side. think you can get them from eurospec or someone? might be BBM?

so go wider rims ;)

so go wider rims ;)

already done that to one set of my BBS 301s... 8)

oh and a quick update, after a few beers ive decided to go for an R36 engine...dont know if its possible, but dont really care, as ill be giving the work to someone else to do! too many R32's around. got to keep ahead of the pack!

oh and a quick update, after a few beers ive decided to go for an R36 engine...dont know if its possible, but dont really care, as ill be giving the work to someone else to do! too many R32's around. got to keep ahead of the pack!

tbh by thr time u get it in and running there maybe another on with a R36T that i know is being built as we type

Good idea but agree with Furki, by the time you have done it with your track record they will be on the R50

loosk really nice mate. how long you edxpecting the rest to take you. how much sound deadening did you use and how much did it cost you? - did it weigh alot when you put it all in?

yeah i know the R36 probably will be old hat by the time i come to put it in. Hopefully it'll be driving by the end of this year. just taken on more hours at work starting at 4am and finishing at 6pm, so ill have the money to finish it, just not the time!

as for soundproofing, theres not that much on it TBH probably weighed about 10Kg all rolled up, but ive got a really high quality carpet in there, which is like Bentley quality, really nice, so should soak up some sound as well as feel really nice and deep! :oops: :camp:

Have you put the 5x100 hubs on with wider 301's yet ? I'd like to see a pic of that to get an idea of what the offset looks like.

no i havent, but i figure they will fit on, dont know if i had pics in this thread, but they stuck out about 20mm either side with 20mm hub adapters, so they should in theory be the same as running standard size 301s, i.e they wont stick out past the arches.

no i havent, but i figure they will fit on, dont know if i had pics in this thread, but they stuck out about 20mm either side with 20mm hub adapters, so they should in theory be the same as running standard size 301s, i.e they wont stick out past the arches.

So tell me mate, whats happening with it now? I must pop around sometime to sort that heater wiring for you..

Ben

well you know that engine you had in the back of your car a while back, that you were going to put in your corrado? well im going to be doing the same, unless i can find an R36 engine and get it over here for less than £3k...

*******UPDATE!!!!*******

right ive been spending a lot of time getting this car sorted and im nearly there. (sort of!)

so far, since the last update i have:

- removed everything from underneath the car (fuel tank, brake lines/fuel lines everything!)

-undersealed the underside and all the wheelarches with 2 coats of greystripe sealant and 2 coats of waxoyl underseal

- completly refurbed the rear beam fitting new bushes, stub axles, H+R anti roll bar new brake lines

-got a VR6 front subframe and got that blasted and painted

-fitted new wishbones and polybushes all round

-Fitted the front H+R anti roll bar--bit of a monster in comparison to the old one!

-refurbed the steering rack with all new components

-fitted the front subframe and all components back together

-fitted my Brembo 4 pots with 305mm disks and braided lines all round

-fitted new solid brake pipes throughout the car

-cleaned and painted all the heatshields with VHT paint

-polished up the stainless exhaust

-fitted new exhaust mounts

and all i have pictures of at the moment is the front wheels with the BBS RS's trial fitted!! :? its a bit hard to take pictures of underneath the car when its only on the axle stands its been on for the last 8 months! but ill try and take some later. In the meantime, here are some i made earlier....!

with the polished BBS 301's which are sold to fund my R32 engine.... :( it does look very nice with them on!

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

and with my colour coded 301's with wider dishes

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

the fitting is VERY tight between the wheels and the caliper theres about 2mm clearance between them :cheers:

and yes everything is thick with dust, but it hasnt been moved since January!!

just going to have a quick bite to eat then im off to fit some more bits!!!

Getting there slowly, but im safe in the knowledge that everything on the car, and i mean everything, every nut and bolt,washer plastic clip is genuine vag and 99% of it is brand spanking new! I Think ive spent about £5,000 on new bits from VW since the project got into my garage. and the parts that couldnt be bought new, due to the being discontinued or unavailable for some reason are well unto the job, and are not worn in the slightest. Its probably in better nick than when it came off the production line nearly 18 years ago!

Wish id known you were parting company with those rims, id have had them or done a deal on my R32 lump..

Going to be off the planet when shes done and by the way i still owe you a tenner mate for the grill badge...

doh! i thought you were after some in standard finish! no rush about the grille badge, infact you come and wash my car when she's finished and you can have the badge for free!

im guessing your running some kind of 4 to 5 stud adapter which gives you enough space to get brembos to fit behind your rs's?

I dunno if he's changed to full VR setup now, but he did have 5 stud hubs to fit into the 4 stud bearing carriers before.

i think they must be 4 stud hubs still as i just realised it mentions in the last post hes fitted 305mm discs which are 4 stud.

he did have 5 stud hubs to fit into the 4 stud bearing carriers before.

and thats what im using! luckily the disks were drilled to 5x100 from being 4x100, which was a bit of a result! i couldnt use the adapters in the end as they made the wheels stick out way beyond the arches, so by using a 5x100 hub in a g60 carrier it saved me 20mm and put the wheels back in a more sensible position... :clap:

so the brembos were a straight fit nehind your rs's? if so can you take a picture of the back of your rs's for me when you get a chance.