Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

G60SC_Stoneys C! Nearly there!

yeah not a happy bunny at the moment. hopefully it will all be sorted by next friday as its got to get me to cardiff to see a mate i havent seen in ages!! Darren phoned me earlier and has sort of put my mind at ease saying he will sort it out for me, just really annoying i still cant drive her properly yet!!

ok, update.....car is going down tommorrow for about 12!! on the back of a trailer, but going down all the same!! so hopefully will be sorted out and will run as sweet as a nut!! yay!! still eyeing up S4s though, or maybe quattros? (might be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire?!?) if she comes back sorted then ill keep her, if she breaks down again soon then shes gone!!

S4 or a Quattro!! thats gunna be a killer on insurance mate!

Dont give up on the rado mate, its a Very nice example, everyone has there ups and downs with their motor, mine hasnt been right for almost 2 months now... its just a case of being patient. :)

either have a killer on insurance or a killer on spending money on a car i cant drive!! i just find it annoying that after ive spent all this money on it it still is'nt right!!

took her down to gwerks today, found out supercharger belt was dodgy and all cracked on each of the teeth, causing it to snap!! also going to have cambelt tensioner replaced. saw my stock bumpers in the sprayshop, looking good! having the sideskirts taken off and smoothed over, due to a bit of rust underneath!!! should all be ready for pickup on thursday, YAY !! :thumbleft:

My toothed belt had a very similar problem to yours mate, due to the tension being to tight maybe?? darren fitted one of his solid tensioners! they work a treat!! just the right amount of tension can be applied without it being too tight.

I went through 3 belts with the dampered tensioner.... so didnt have much trust in that setup

With the solid tensioner the belt still looks like new and thats almost 2 months since it was fitted.

Defo reccomend anyone with a toothed belt to get one fitted, quite cheap aswell, specially when you consider a new belt is £15 a time.. 8)

-------UPDATE-------

its back from gwerks after having belt problems, had standard VR6 bumpers put on and sills smoothed after we found out they were rusty and going a little bit rotten under the sideskirts!!! and had it mopped!! looks like glass now, just a pity that the alternator has packed up!! so i dont know her full potential yet, but thats being sorted for this weekend...Yay!!

anyway heres some pics, havent washed it yet (still a bit dusty) but she looks like glass!! well chuffed, dont think ill be buying that storm now...

Now that looks alot better.. nice stance.. I would love a set of them roses.. hhmmmmmmm

Now that looks alot better.. nice stance.. I would love a set of them roses.. hhmmmmmmm

Bal - Pm Mike on here as i think he may have a set for sale

Looking Good dan.

Bal - Pm Mike on here as i think he may have a set for sale

Looking Good dan.

Cheers D.. Ive replied to his thread..... 8)

hey matey at least you got a holiday to look forward to lol! mate she lloks sweet you cant sell her just think servicing the s4 will cost just as much lol! nah i got good and bad news this month! im missing a bracjet on my pas pump which is straining it and sounds awful and i've seriously dented my de-cat pipe which makes car sound rough did that on speed bump but i've polished rocker cover and had wheels and grill done same colour which will put on my gallery when got some pics up! mate keep it up thou seriously!

right heres the question....

'what rear lights do i go for ?'

i dont want m3 crystal clear ones or any 'lexus' style crap so its a choice of....

1) stock

2) all red

3) smoked crystal m3

4) anything else which exists which you think might look good

opinions please...

all smoked... no bling on 'em and nice and dark to match the dark paintwork... 8)

i was thinking all red too, looks like that may be the option, or i could buy all three and swap em over on a weekly basis......

anyone know where to get all reds from ?