Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

G60SC_Stoneys C! Nearly there!

Feck thats almost as much as mine last year {first year} with DR10 - this year looking to pay £500 {unmodded} and as its over 5 years that I had trouble with the law {and a few drinks that i might of had} unless anyone else will insure me cheaper - a big well done/fair play to ya stoney just enjoy it now mate - hope to see the car and you one day :salute:

could get insured on a Jag XJR for 400 squid more tho....still very tempting, ill feel better when i get this toothed belt off...it keeps eating belts which is pi*sing me off a bit

havent updated this for a while, so thought i'd let you know the new plan(s).

IM going all the way with the corrado!! fitting a 2.016vG60 on a BBM charger with balanced and lightened EVERYTHING (within reason)!! should be in by the end of January, and depending on how obsessive i become while the cars in bits, should be back on the road for the south coast meet, ive been told the engineis pretty much complete, just needing the block painting and the head putting on etc.

Ive ordered a load of bits to be ready for when the old engine is going to comeout and the new one to be put in, so hopefully it should be a completly different car to drive, in terms of speed and handling, including:

-Uprated front and rear anti roll bars

-Schrick sump+windage tray

-Peloquin LSD

-Custom made big brake kit (you will have to wait and see what these are, some may already know :wink:)

-FMIC

-Aquamist water injection kit

And to make it all stick to the road nicely ive also ordered 4x Toyo R888 tyres. which should help a bit, as they are practically slicks, although ive been told they arent great in the wet.

Nevermind though, as in a few days i should be the proud owner of a supercharged vr6 golf, which will be my daily car so i can pamper the corrado in a nice warm garage!! :D

ive also ordered a set of proper VW Corrado gauges to go in the space in the dash, below the ashtray, to keep an eye on volts and oil, as well as fitting my black leather electric recaro seats, and refitting the whole car with new speakers, cd player etc.

All this means ill have a few bits left over from the old engine/car including:

-g60 calipers

-G60 block, with ported head, schrick cam, flowed inlet etc rebuild by Jabbasport 20,000 miles ago, with reciept to prove.

-BBM aluminium boost pipes, as new condition

im sure ill have some other bits too but all will be for sale within the next month or so.

so all in all the project should be a good'un!! hope to see everyone at the shows this year!!

What pistons did you use in the end dan? did you go for forged items?

Should be a monster when its done gotta be alteast 300 bhp!!!??!!

to be honest i still havent seen the spec sheet, or the build itself, i know it sounds daft, but ive got scompete faith in the guy who is building it. he builds audi TT racecars for a living, and previous to building my engine was completly rebuilding a DB7 for racing, engine and all!!

one of the main factors when i wanted the engine built was that it had to be reliable, therefore i dont want it pushed to the max, and want all the components to be more than capable to handling the power, and as a benchmark i wanted it to put out at least 250BHP, which he said it will do, and if it doesnt then he will rebuild it again...free of charge until it does achieve it, but it should easily surpass those figures and more, due to the fact we didnt orginally factor in things such as the FMIC and water/meth injection. but 250bhp is enough for me, especially when it should handle well too, should be a fun machine!!

the 16" ones in my sig pic (right side) are porsche silver roses, they were really nice, best looking wheels ive had on there so far, kind of regret selling them, but they were a bit impractical, you can usually pick some up off ebay, for a few hundred £, then get them mirror polished. Im now using more sensible BBS RX's, also needed so i can fit my new brakes under them!!

Going to pick up my New daily car tommorrow...s/c VR6 golf highline!! cost me £5800 to buy and £2400 to insure!!! time to put in some O/T at work.... :shock:

collected my Mk3 golf highline yesterday!!! that is soooooo lovely to drive, wish i bought a VR to start with!! its supercharged too, with a pair of schrick cams and a stainless exhaust, and koni adjustables! only done 44k on an R plate!! everything works, a/c electrics (including heated seats etc) and the sound!!! the sound is amazing, reminds me of the sound the scoobies make when you hit the gas!! hope it wears off soon, as it could cost me a lot in petrol!! well chuffed.

there is not a mark on it,its always been used as a 2nd car and had only been used (rarely) at weekends by the previous 2 owners!! ill get some proper pics up later

You lucky Git!!!!!

I think If I ever got rid of the Corrado, I'd replace it with a Mk3 Vr6.... Full of comfort.. Easy modded and can be a family car :)

yeah well thats why i chose it over getting a storm or a nice specc'd corrado, plus the guy who lives in the flat next door hs a white corrado 16v, and we reckon it would start looking odd having a carpark full of corradi (multiple corrado's :lol: )

just got back from giving the guys at gwerks a spin in it, and came back with some H+R roll bars for it, havent een had it 24 hours and im buying stuff (mental note: have to stop buying stuff!!) they seemed chuffed, off to give it a good wash/wax (not that it needs it-its perfect!!) and should have some piccies!!

Its more economical than my G60!! how that work then ? :?

Am so jealous, 2 lovely cars you've got there. sorry to be nosey but at 21 how can you afford all this! makes me think i should've just got a job instead of spending my days sitting in lecture theatres at uni being poor!! :(

haha!! thats theexact reason i decided not to go to uni!! i knew i wouldnt learn anything, and get poor!!!

the only reasn i can afford it is through savings, and various other NON ILLEGAL sources :D fact is that i could sell that car tommorow for what i paid for it, or put it back to standard and sell it without the charger/wheels etc. so as i see it, its an investment, plus i like the more refined nature of the VR6, where as the G60 is a bit more race orientated, the Vr is a smoother easier drive. So they are still both like chalk and cheese IMO.

sounds like you've got it all sorted then! well hopefully ill be able to get some sort of paying job when i finish uni :) feeling i need to drive a vr someday, in your opinion du think there would be much difference between one and a chipped g60 etc, dont think i could sell and start again tho!! good luck with it all, be good to see some pics/vids of the g60 when its finished, and the s/c vr at that!

Surely the S/C Vr6 is gunna be on a par with the 2L16V Supercharged?? gunna be similar power? hardly seems to be any point in building that anymore now that you have that VR in the drive LOL :D

Nice VR by the way mate!..

in your opinion du think there would be much difference between one and a chipped g60

they are completly different cars, the VR is so laid back and you do notice the difference between 30-80+ mph, it just seems to pull and pull, wouldnt know when it stops pulling because its too good to thrash. whereas the G60 seems to be more revvy and vocal when its accelerating. i suppose the best way to compare it is something like an audi S8 (vr6) and a porsche (g60) both are very quick just show it in different ways.

Surely the S/C Vr6 is gunna be on a par with the 2L16V Supercharged??

no, as i say, they are both chalk and cheese, if i wanted to go out for a hoon to let my hair down etc, then i'd pick the corrado, due to the fact it revs and sounds/feels more racey (if thats a word) whereas the Vr6 is more refined, you wouldnt know it is pushing near 300bhp until you put you foot on the gas hard, (its all so effortless, stick it in a gear and drive!!)

the G60 is more chuckable, due to the fact it sits more sqaut on the road than a golf, but im sure if it was a corrado it would be even better, but a golf is more practical for me at the moment.

the G60 isbeing set up to be a proper fast road car whereas the VR6 is my sensible (ish) everyday driver, so ill still feel the need to swap em over once in a while....hopefully