Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

G60SC_Stoneys C! Nearly there!

oh well, while my car has been off the road, it hasnt been costing me any petrol, so ive splashed out and bought me.....

1 SNS gearknob

2 bottles of MT90 geal oil

2 smoked M3 Fk rear lights

tried to get a partridge in a pear tree, but they sold out!!

oh and im keeping an eyeball on some leather interiors....

still dont know if im going to sell it or not, must be mad :silly:

cool any chance you can do me a set ?

For your wheels...... Not a problem... :lol:

Doing a couple of sets for peeps on here....8)

decided to go cystal m3's now mate, after reading the post about all reds and reversing light problems, not so sure i want to go there!! the old bill have got enough reasons to pull me over as it is!!

old bill will try and pull me for something else tho if they dont like the look of the lights, police are rare round here but when you do see em they are petty little feckers!!

You can purchase them done all red that are legal and not as dark...

Would have looked really nice on yours as Red always suits Black....

Are you really thinking about selling your Motor???

yeah maybe i dont really know, its just been pissing me off one thing going wrong after another, found out today my alternator is completly fecked and will need a new one probably, everything on it has now been replced within last 2 years!! ive had it 10 months and been able to drive it about 7! :bad-words:

thinking charged VR6 storm may be the answer, but then ive spent huge amounts of money on this one....i really dont know, when shes back up and running and she puts a smile on my face ill be ok...hopefully.

You can purchase them done all red that are legal and not as dark...

Would have looked really nice on yours as Red always suits Black....

Where abotus can you get the all red tail lights from? been looking around, i cant seem to find any??

Where abotus can you get the all red tail lights from? been looking around, i cant seem to find any??

I've seen a couple of sets on the bay, now and then....

You'll just have to keep a look out Mike....

Got my car sorted yesterday!!! fixed it runs like a dream all the way up the rev range!!! i can actually use it properly now!! theres no 'leaning off feeling' and it just wants to rev more and more!! its amazing, think ill keep her now!!! heres the quick story....

fitted new alternator, which had everything overhauled in it and painted to make it look 8) and changed spark plugs ran fine to start with, then after about 15 minutes of driving about, it became really rough and was misfiring on pretty much every cylinder,so i decided to go and see my local mechanic (also girlfriends stepdad!!) on the way i had to keep her moving or she would stall, unfortunatly got stuck behind a car wanting to turn right, car packed up and would'nt start again about 3 miles away from garage (doh!) got some builders from a nearby house to tow me out of the way so i could have a look and see whats up. couldnt figure it out, so called the missus and we went to see her stepdad at the garage, who told us it could be ignition coil, or ignition switch. So returning to the car with a length of wire placed one end on the coil and the other end on + side of battery, started her up, ran like a bag of shite but got it back to the garage!! yay!! fitted new coil and switch yesterday morning and now runs as sweet as a nut!! well chuffed!! :cheers: :D :cheers:

Nice one matey... it's such a good feeling when it's right after being so wrong for a while 8)

Still waiting to see you about tbh seeing how close you live...

wheel bearing has collapsed now and i know its only a simple job (again) but its just getting out of hand now, so i think im going to be selling her :cry:

Dads just bought an XJ Jag and is really chuffed with it and after speaking to people with level heads, it seems the consensus is to sell her on, its becoming too much of a moneypit for me, and cant really use it properly....

so think im going to get a twin with my dads car and get this....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/90778.htm

EXACTLY the same as my dads one, (colour, trim, etc) except this one is an 'R' so its got a big fat supercharger on it (did i hear someone say 'out of the frying pan into the fire' ?) but it does seem really nice and new jags arent as crappy as the old ones were, so hopefully get a few miles out of her, unlike my corrado.....

mate im sure that the jag will cost just as much to run over the years you may have a few more miles of happy motoring but thats it! i do like the interior but the C is so much sexier plus your a young man with a wild head not an old boy with a level head it will be too refined for you fella!

KEEP THE C, KEEP THE C , KEEP THE C , KEEP THE C , KEEP THE C!

i dont think an XJR is what you could call refined tho....it can be fun if you give it a prod, i want to get this new corrado when it comes out, too. i just cant be arsed takeing the car to a garage to get one thing done then to find out it needs to go back in a few weeks to get something else done....the corrado is pretty much brand new, without jinxing myself there's only two things on it which are original.....oh and the fag lighter!! (which doesnt work)

that jag is very nice car... think it has a bit of a old man type image tho... 8)

Keep the Rado mate!

jeeeeezzzzuuuuussss you guys make me sounds so old!!! im only 21!!! (surprisingly enough the insurance is only £200ish more than it will be for the corrado!!) ok jaguar is old man ish but surely if you know your jags the R means get out of the way!!! its either a jag or a mercedes 500sl (not the new style ones tho) on about an R plate.....dad had one of those years ago, kept breaking down.....like the corrado....

ok washed the car and polished it yesterday, with the help of my missus (so wasnt the best job ever, although i am a perfectionist so i did make sure she did the job well) and here are the results....

and just one final update of the spec list and things i have changed in the 8,000 miles that ive owned it.....

Supercharger to R1 spec

65mm toothed pulley

Schrick camshaft

BBM boost alloy boost pipes

Full G-Werks exhaust Including 4 Branch Manifold

SNS chip

G-werks boost return kit

Original Airbox With K&N Panel Filter

Weitec Hicon GT coilovers

BBM Solid Front Engine Mount

35mm porsche adapters

Porsche Silver Rose Alloy Wheels & Dunlop SP9000 tyres

Smoothed Sills and Mopped Bodywork

VR6 front and rear bumpers

Uprated headlight Loom

SNS gear Knob

DDI Backlit gauges & later style needles

FK Smoked M3 Rear Lenses

2 gearbox fluid changes with MT90 gear oil

2 engine oil changes with synta silver oil (inc. Filter)

1 Brake Fluid Change

2 new front wheel bearings

1 new fuel pump

1 new fuel filter

4 new bosch spark plugs

1 new ignition switch

1 new ignition coil

1 new battery

1 fully rebuilt alternator

£1600 spent on petrol!! (ish)

and i think im done.....