Sign in to follow this  
Lanceevox

Wheel Spacers (WIDE LOOK)

I searched for this but didnt find what I was looking for. I want the wide look without looking ugly. I also want the staggered look with thiner spacers in the front and wider in the back. What is a good number for the back and the front? What is common to give it that WIDE LOOK? Should I go for Eibach or H&R? or something else? Also what type should I buy? they have differnt kits.

That is such an open-ended question dude!

How wide do you want it? What offset have you got now?

Just look at your wheels and measure (in mm) how much more you want them to stick out, and.......

Hey presto! thats your spacer size fella! Don't suppose it makes much difference what make? Just go for the lightest ones?

its worth spending a bit of cash and getting hubcentric ones, I bought some halfords cheapy specials and got awful wheel wobble since they were a nightmare to align properly, hubcentric ones would stop that.

also you should tray and keep the original track, its wider at the front stock so you should space like that IMO.

Keep us informest as im thinking of something like this to!

:-)

also you should tray and keep the original track, its wider at the front stock so you should space like that IMO.

:-)

Yep :wink:

I've fiddled around with spacers and they drive best if you widen the track at the front only. Depends on the offset. If they're somewhere around 40, 10mm is the most you want to go out to before the wheels starting protuding the arches, which looks gash imo.

If you're around ET35, not a lot you can do as they're already flush with the arch as it is, on a 7.5J wheel.

i reckon 10mm all round is a nice subtle change. 8)

reminds me,my dad ran 50mm spacers (yep! 50mm! :shock: :lol: ) all round on his 944,looked the absolute dogs bllocks.gif

fit 9x16s at the back - that'll give you a proper wide look, no spacers needed... ;)

thats not entirely true... u may require spacers to clear the springs on some applications

dpends on the drop and the corrado tbh,,, ive seen some have no arch work and some and gutted out like mine,,,, with similiar height drops? whatever works tbh, but ideally you would need rolling

Thanks Furk’s, what ET do you have on rear ?

Oh I take it that 7*5" x 16" go on the front without to much rubbing?

Steve