CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Thought it was about time I took some pics! Gave it a quick wash- started to rain before I had ime to wax it :(

Cheers guys :)

The lights aren't quite lined up- fitted them quickly :oops: I'm sure they'll line up a little better when I've had a chance to have a proper go at them ;)

The lights are made by ARZ Tuning- darker smoke than the FK's, no bling chrome and they're also E coded, whereas the FK's aren't. Better all round IMHO.

Some more pics:

Kenc, not that much worse on fuel, to be honest :) Big difference in the drive :twisted:

Bally, thanks matey!

Went out for a walk on Crickley Hill, Cheltenham yesterday. Went over a cattle grid on the way home (slowly!). Great big scraping sound- we thought the bumper had scraped on it, as the grid had a big dip in the middle. Stopped to look... :shock:

Bumper broken in half, all undertrays shattered, arch-liner ripped out, nearside wing pulled out, rad broken etc etc! Absolutely gutted :cry:

This was at around 4.30pm. Phoned AA- they put us on priority because we had Dan with us. They arrived at... 7pm! :mad: Freezing cold, dark, baby well past bedtime and teatime- he was absolutely frantic, bless him. Unbelievable.

Anyway, here's some nice pics for y'all :(

:shock: all that damage from a cattle grid!! Gutted for you mate. Will you be able to claim for it or will you have to go through insurance?

What an absolute sh1tter! Can't believe it took 2 1/2 hours for the AA, that's ridiculous! Was that the lowest priority list then?

Cheers guys- going through insurance (luckily we've both got protected no claims), and will try to get the excess back from Gloucester City Council. Everyone I've spoken to about it knows this cattle grid!

And as for the AA... :mad: :snipersmile:

And as for the AA... :mad: :snipersmile:

Seems to be quite a common feeling at the moment. My mate broke down the other night and was just coming off a large roundabout. His mobile battery was very low so he rang home first and then rang The AA and told them where he was and said that his battery was about to go dead so cant ring up again. They said they would send someone out. He waited a while and then turned his phone back on to see if any family had text/called him and he had an answer phone message from the AA asking him to phone this other company who are closer and tell them his location and they will send someone out to get him!! He clearly told the guy his battery was going dead and so he couldnt ring anyone, and just then his battery did die! Luckily for him his dad decided to go fetch him anyway so he got back but he rang the AA when he got home and gave them a good mouthful!

Its a bit worrying really as im insured with the AA :pale:

Cazza, those rear lights do look good ... just waiting for mine to arrive, been 3wks now :-(

That's an amazing amount of damage!!!

Were you able to make it over to the Air Ballon?

Bojmobile, :lol:

LJ, couldn't go anywhere- the coolant disappeared within a couple of minutes :( We were stuck there the whole time. Would've been nice to have a pint while we were waiting!

Yeh, love the lights- still need to sort the fitment though :? They only took a few days to arrive- I was impressed with the service. Yours should turn up soon.

Sh*t mate that is just terrible!!! Worst nightmare as well being stuck in the middle of nowhere with a baby as well.....Shame on the AA, you should complain to headoffice.

Jesus! The grid doesn't look that bad - I can't believe how much it trashed your motor mate! :( You seem to be cursed!

Worrying about the AA too.. been with em nearly 3 years and never had to call em out. Would be a bit peeved if they took nearly 3 hours, especially if I had a baby!! Really not good at all! :(

Cheers guys.

Yeh, from the pics, the grid doesn't look too bad, but it's got quite a dip in the middle where the girders have sagged. I was watching other cars go over it, and they were all close, especially a Celica which must have been just a few mm's away from hitting. Dread to think what would've happened if it was the Corrado!

Think I will complain to the AA too. Not good at all :?

The cattle grid well and truly did you over there, hope you get it all sorted out.

The VR is looking sweet as...

Firstly, lovely VR all round Caz, really nice car.

and as for the grid, ffs!! Have to be honest that would be my worst nightmare out with our little one, allways plays on my mind. Sounds like you got by and kept spirits up though and glad you all survived intact!

I hope the bill is huge, well if the council end up offering to pay it! legally they should though i believe.

My wife worked for the AA, and does'nt now (through choice) nuff said!!