Sign in to follow this  
Dutch24V

Dutch 24v - Spring clean

Double's, lol, there's plenty of 'hospitality' waiting mate!! Can you make it over by next weekend !? :lol:

The radiator is not in stock so I have to wait until the end of next week. Pita though as I need to get the rad on so I can finally build the front back up and get the cooling pipes connected etc. :(

Looks like next weekend will be the beginning of the end hopefully.

Stan, where is your ECU sitting mate? I'm going to have to mount mine in the inner wing down by the battery due to the loom being abit weird as it's from a rhd 24v. The ecu connectors are not long enough to mount anywhere else. Also, once fed into the car I have enough spare loom to run to the boot :) Maybe a second battery can be mounted there lol :)

Dutch

Believe me mate, if I didn't have kids here I would be chatting to you from a coffeeshop right now!

I think you know if it wasnt for my job i might be sat in coffee shop myself...

Off tpoic here - do you want me to send that cooling relay onto you??

Howdy mate. I know what you're saying. Are you back in 'da hood' then? See, I'm down with the kids and their lingo :)

If you're back I might come and pick it up or something mate. The blue car is going on sunday - so no more spare parts for us! :(

The blue car is going on sunday - so no more spare parts for us

Wheres it going??

My car is at Gwerks next thursday, ill meet you there if you like?

Fella off here has bought it mate. He came to buy the wings, bonnet and bumper, took them off then decided to take the whole car.

First job for him?

Refit wings, bonnet and bumper!! lol :)

You better have taken that fecking centre console out William!!! :mad:

Sorry dude! Assumed you'd sorted one :(

TBH there are a few bits I should have taken off for mine, but i just got sick of looking at the bleedin thing!

I can buy a new toy now with the proceeds! :)

You better have taken that fecking centre console out William!!! :mad:

Sorry dude! Assumed you'd sorted one :(

TBH there are a few bits I should have taken off for mine, but i just got sick of looking at the bleedin thing!

I can buy a new toy now with the proceeds! :)[/quote:c62c8]

What toy? Does it vibrate??? :lol:

A quick update. New rad and fan fitted.

The rad is very nice I must say. VAG supplied, full stainless jobbie, but 290 Euro. Is this the same as the rad VAG UK supply out of interest?

Pics:

Looking good dude 8)

See what you mean about the aux pump and carbon canister. I dont have the aux pump fitted at all (I think) and not sure where the carbon canister is, I'll have a look when I get home next week and get you those pics.

Is it driving now? You like???? :wink:

Cheers guys.

I think I've figured the piping out for the carbon canister, but some pics of yours for confirmation would nice Stan :)

I'll post up a couple of pics tomorrow of the area i need to check.

s.g., how's your coming along? Any pics?

Dutch

Dude that is looking fookin sweeeeet! :)

Factory quality.

I'm very impressed mate - you must be very proud of your creation :)

Finally got the balls to try and start her last night and to my amazement she fired up first time!! :D

There are still problems though as she's only running on 4-5 cylinders by the sounds of it and VAG-COM doesn't work (the light on the ross-tech connecting wire glows red?). I really need to get the diagnostics working though so I can finish her off and set up the DBW throttle etc.

Coxylaaaad, have you managed to dig out those wiring diagrams yet mate?

Bigpants, do you happen to have them still? If so can you PM them this way please?

I'm getting all excited about her again :) I was losing interest tbh. as it's been 14 months or so since I started and I couldn't finish her in the 3 months I planned due to work, weather, gf & house commitments etc. etc.

Hopefully not long

Nice one mate - must have been well chuffed when it started first time!

With recards to the rad, yep thats the original mate - ND Marsdon now Denso Marsdon are still based in Shipley, Nr Bradford

AFAIK they are still made in England (what does yours say?) and seem to be so much better quality than any other make even Valeo... strange for something made in England!!

Cheers guys. Feeling good at the moment :)

Yes the rad is made in the UK, and very high quality too, which is as you say rare these days.

I have no internet connection at home at the mo btw. (b&stard provider), but can hopefully post more updates next week when back at work. Have good weekend...

Dutch

Nicely done mate :)

I'm over next weekend if you need any little bits bringing over? Only going as far as Dam though as we're flying.

After a successful weekend she is now purring like a baby :)

I missed a large vacuum hole at the back of the manifold that looked like it had been blocked off but hadn't. It almost sucked my finger off when I found it. Once I blocked that off she ran a lot smoother so I ran her up to temp, stopped and then restarted and she fired back up again on all cylinders :) I think I had a sticking valve or 2 in the end too.

I still need to sort out VAG-COM, but other than that and mounting a few things and sorting the brake/clutch switches out she's almost ready to drive for the first time. Can't wait :)

Thanks for the offer Will, but I'm OK on the parts front at the moment. How come you