Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Corrado Equivilant?

They did a Calibra turbo didn't they...quite quick I think....even so, can't seem to be even slightly interested in them. They're too big aswell...almost similar in siz to the Monaro!?

It's funny - I've got a book with the initial reviews of the Corrado - comparing it to:-

Fiat Coupe

Alfa GTV

Calibra

MR2

Celica

and most reviews thought the Corrado would date the worst and didn't like it's styling - one even said it looked like it was designed by an 8yr old!

Corrado's were also reviewed with the Nissan 200 SX and BMW 3 series.

I've always thought of the Audi TT as the nearest new car to the Corrado, but somehow they seem a lot less mean, and too much of a hairdressers/posers car to really replace the Corrado.

I dont see the reasoning behind not being able to compare it to a 350Z to a VR6 when likes of Crossfire and TT are being mentioned. Iv seen plenty of articules comparing the 350Z Crossfire and TTs to each other. Doesnt matter if its RWD or got slightly bigger engine.

Fraz

dont see the reasoning behind not being able to compare it to a 350Z to a VR6 when likes of Crossfire and TT are being mentioned. Iv seen plenty of articules comparing the 350Z Crossfire and TTs to each other. Doesnt matter if its RWD or got slightly bigger engine.

I agree- I have always thought a 350z would be the modern day Corrado- if not in black and white terms like drivetrain, then definitely in rarity, sound and looks (particularly 'stance'). Plus I am not sure 600cc makes any difference in that in 1993 2900cc would sound just as ludicrous as 3500cc today.

Its certainly not a laughable comparison- I am pretty sure anyone who bought a Corrado new would also be pretty sure they had a 'sportscar'- VR's must have seriously whooped ass in the early '90's.

I just wish I could afford a 350z AND a Corrado :(

dont see the reasoning behind not being able to compare it to a 350Z to a VR6 when likes of Crossfire and TT are being mentioned. Iv seen plenty of articules comparing the 350Z Crossfire and TTs to each other. Doesnt matter if its RWD or got slightly bigger engine.

I agree- I have always thought a 350z would be the modern day Corrado- if not in black and white terms like drivetrain, then definitely in rarity, sound and looks (particularly 'stance'). Plus I am not sure 600cc makes any difference in that in 1993 2900cc would sound just as ludicrous as 3500cc today.

Its certainly not a laughable comparison- I am pretty sure anyone who bought a Corrado new would also be pretty sure they had a 'sportscar'- VR's must have seriously whooped ass in the early '90's.

Well said.

merc 230k sports coupe?

I had a go in a 230k convertable, and it was a bloody fun little car, it's just a shame it doesn't match my roaring hetreosexual personality....sailors!

Might get another little blat in it one day, I'm supposed to be seeing the girl that owns it somewhen.

Possibly the Hyundai Coupe?? they're not too dissimmilar size/power cars.

the 350z is wicked and the best bit is it's for people who think outside the box, i.e they could have bought a TT, boxster, slk, but chose to get the car that doesn't have the badge! That's a brave step. Although Nissan did merge the good bits from a 911 and the tt to get the design!!

the 350Z is a great car,however its also a bit larger than the Corrado which is why its not an ideal car to compare as a modern day Corrado rival

but you are never going to find a car with the exact dimensions....... what your looking for is just a similar all round impact surely,,,,,,,,

the Corrado is basically a Passat/mk2 Golf hybrid coupe,whereas the 350Z is a ground up Sports car,my 993 is practically the same dimensions as the Corrado,yet you wouldn't compare them like for like would you

not the point i was trying to make...........what i mean is the 350Z AFAIK is not a platfrom car........the same way an audi TT is really a mk4 golf based car and the rest are probably utilising a common floorpan

probably my last post as the C is up for sale..

what about the leon cupra R?

not too dissimilar.. i know its a 5 door but for looks its not too different. also similar power figures (comparatively for year)

I think you can compare it to a few things depending on the angle you're coming from. Obviously the place they hold in 'our' estimations is comparable to nothing else on four wheels (which we can afford anyway ;)) otherwise we wouldnt be here.

comparison based on market (ie, a rough match for a 2+2 coupe and cars aimed at potential buyers of the same)

pug 307 coupe convertible

megane coupe convertible

Astra coupe

TT

Hyundi coupe

Alfa Berera

BMW 3 series coupe

comparison based on fun/power/style/character and overall popularity with enthusiasts (the ooo! factor)

Focus RS

Astra VXR

Leon Cupra R

mk5 Golf GTI

Civic Type R

such a shame the production Brera doesn't look half as good as the prototypes (imo)...

I still actually stand by my 350Z comparison - ok, so it's rwd, but they're both V6 and both about as rare... are we talking about direct comparison (shared platform, same engine/drivetrain layout), or "spiritual" couterpart - which is based more in terms of image and general aura of the car...?

Alfa GTV is cool, but: You can't get anyone in the back, no one over 6ft tall can sit in the front, they only come in red (well yu know), there is NO boot and they need some serious looking after!!!