Kevin Bacon

TT Wipers (arms & blades)

I've also seen retro fit LUPO aero-blades from Bosche at around £21 a pair neater looking than the ones on e-bay less chunky plastic housing. Only any good if you wiper arms aren't $hite mind.

I've just bought my TT wipers from the TTShop.com. Ordered them on Friday and they said they'd be sent Monday and they duly arrived Tuesday. Fitted them tonight and whilst I've not got them quite lined up spot on yet the difference is clear in even the very lightest of rain. They came to £83 delivered and if you ring up they will send you two drivers side ones, (the girl who answered the phone knew exactly what I wanted). The part numbers matched up with what Kev provided.

It was brill coming home down some country lanes with a screen not covered in smears and with my recent addition of some new bulbs and K2urky headlight loom a good spread of light too! Could see exactly where I was going, what a revelation. :clap: Cheers again Kev and Corrado Forum. :clap:

I've just bought my TT wipers from the TTShop.com. Ordered them on Friday and they said they'd be sent Monday and they duly arrived Tuesday. Fitted them tonight and whilst I've not got them quite lined up spot on yet the difference is clear in even the very lightest of rain. They came to £83 delievered and if you ring up they will send you to drivers side ones, (the girl who answered the phone new exactly what I wanted). The part numbers matched up with what Kev provided.

It was brill coming home down some country lanes with a screen not covered in smears and with my recent addition of some new bulbs and K2urky headlight loom a good spread of light too! Could see exactly where I was going, what a revelation. :clap: Cheers again Kev and Corrado Forum. :clap:

Did exactly the same about 2 weeks ago.

Chaps at work thought I was mad paying £83 on windscreen wipers. Best £83 I've spent on the motor I thought.

Again, cheers Kev.

Did all TT's come with aero wipers or was this only on certain models/years of car?
No i think its 2005 on but im not 100%,

i know my mate doesnt have them on his 52 plate TT.

Put my new TT wipers on this morning,

doesnt seem right,it took all of five minutes,

But what a difference it makes,

Could you let me know where you got them from and how much they were?

Did you use the part numbers on the first page?

As Neil G60 has said or you could just get a retro-fit aero blade that goes on the normal arm. E-bay etc.

I tried some aero blades which fitted straight on the standard arms, from local dealer.

The standard arms/springs just weren't strong enough to hold a 100% contact with the screen - approx 70% drvivers & 50% passenger side. [to be fair to the dealer - he gave me full refund!]

It's deffo the arms that cause the prob - I'll be going for the full TT setup.

As Neil G60 has said or you could just get a retro-fit aero blade that goes on the normal arm. E-bay etc.

I tried some aero blades which fitted straight on the standard arms, from local dealer.

The standard arms/springs just weren't strong enough to hold a 100% contact with the screen - approx 70% drvivers & 50% passenger side. [to be fair to the dealer - he gave me full refund!]

It's deffo the arms that cause the prob - I'll be going for the full TT setup.

Yeah I've had the Lupo set-up for sometime myself, just giving options! Apparently non aero lupo arms with retro blades are better than standard C as well as a cheaper option

If I need to do it again I'll prob go TT!

Not sure how much you guys are paying or even if these are the same as i think kev said 2 drivers side but here a the TT set up left and right.

http://www.thettshop.com/oem.asp?cat=2006&catalog=2502

are these EXACTLTY the same ones as the ones from the dealer?

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

The TT guys who do not have them upgrade to these.

Which got me thinking, my TT does not have aero wipers and i was thinking upgrade the TT to aero and get 2 of my standard TT arms and blades to try on the corrado, mucho cheaper for new parts then most likely and for mine i cant stand updating an older car so it keeps it all from the era of the car and hence looks loads better.

Er, check out page 7.

why?

Because the answer to your question is there....

so ppl are spending £100+ for wipers and blades that can be got from the TTshop for £83, surely thats madness?

I Can only find a link to wipers that cost £111 on theTTshop.com anyone got the right link for the ones for £83??

cheers

mart

I Can only find a link to wipers that cost £111 on theTTshop.com anyone got the right link for the ones for £83??

cheers

mart

I have just bought the wipers & blades from my local Audi dealership and was quoted £111 but when I collected and told the guy it was for a corrado (when asked why i needed two, turns out he used to have one) he gave a customer loyalty discount which brought them down to £94. I dont know if that helps with the £83 if that doesnt include postage.

It appears that the price has been put up on the ttshop site. The £83 was including postage so quite annoying that they've put it up to dealer price. Might as well get them from the dealers now unless your dealer is miles away.

They do work well though, its such a good idea having things that clear water away on the windscreen when it rains. Why didnt VW think of that! :roll: :D

Christ on a crutch - after reading this thread my head is spinning! I want to sort my shite wipers out. So, if I've got this right, I need Two tt drivers wiper arms (any specific year?) and are the blades one size? I just bought a new mfa stalk from les bray, would I be better off getting him to sort it out? :help:

check near the start of page 2. you need 2 drivers side wiper arms, the passenger arm (or the arm to be used as a passenger arm) has to be bent slightly as i believe. the audi tt uses normal and aero wiper arms, the part numbers specified are aero wipers i believe to be off the mk1 TT but i dont know anymore than that. whether the mk2 uses the same wipers and if they fit as well i don't know.

I now stock these (thanks to pianowire and supercharged ordering so many from me :lol: ) so if anyone wants them drop me a PM.

Gone are the days when you could get a set of these for £70.00 . The exchange rate and general price increases over the last 3 years have meant these are now an expensive mod.

I can do them for £95.00 delivered (UK only) should you want them :)

I now stock these (thanks to pianowire and supercharged ordering so many from me :lol: ) so if anyone wants them drop me a PM.

Gone are the days when you could get a set of these for £70.00 . The exchange rate and general price increases over the last 3 years have meant these are now an expensive mod.

I can do them for £95.00 delivered (UK only) should you want them :)

how can you do them so much cheaper, well £9 cheaper?