Sign in to follow this  
G60Rye

What do you think to my new wheels?- Ideas on Centres...

Hi,

Just bought these, should be arriving soon! Thought id put a pic on to see what people think of these wheels?

wheelsinbits.jpg

Also, should i go silver, black or same colour as the car (Sherry pearl) Centres?

polishedwheelbuiltup.jpg

Also in need of some adaptors (5x120 to 5x100) if anyone knows of any for sale.

Cheers

Ryan

BMW BBS rims look fantastic IMO

as for the colour I'd have to say black black black on a sherry pearl 8)

Cheers Phil,

I know, they are currently silver obviously in the pic, which doesnt look too bad. But liking the black idea tho, yeah. Got brand new stainless bolts for them aswell, so should look good in black.

Keep the suggestions coming....

Cheers

Ryan

Mo Fo thier sweet mate I'd do black with crome rims how much did you pay for them?

Yeah, thinking the black centre route...

I paid 350 delivered for them inc new stainless bolts and the centres have just been stripped , powder coated and laquered, still need adaptors and tyres and the rims polishing tho, but thought they'd look sweet when there done and on!

My C is lowered about 30mm as its my daily driver, with these on do people think it may need lowering more, to about 40 or 50mm? I know i should get coilys but just cant afford any just yet!

Cheers

Ry

body coloured centers, deffinatly. and yeah i'd lower it a bit more, 60mm is spot on for looks IMO and not 'too' impractical day to day depending on what size chin spoiler you have, mine was 60mm down with a 90mm spoiler and it only caught over large speed bumps in daily use.

depending how long you're keeping them colour coding the centres could limit our market when you sell.. I'd go black or all polished!

Cheers for the comments,

Think im going to leave them silver or do them black tho, may keep them silver and then when i get borred with them do the centres black! As you said bristolbaron, my market will be limited when i come to sell them and not sure if sherry pearl will be too light for a centre colour? Oh god, im still undecided! :?

G60Greeny- I dont think they do adaptors tho, do they? Just to 5x100 i think.

I'l post some pics up when i get them built up and then when i get them on the car.

Ryan

Also, what tyres do people think?

195/45/17? or 205 or 40's?

Its lowered 30mm but may have to drop it more if its sat too high.

Ryan

ide hav to say black centers. and as for tyres ide say 205/40/17. yokohama a 539 are a good tyre

As you said bristolbaron, my market will be limited when i come to sell them...

looking back i actually said our market could be limited! :lol:

I think i subconsiously wanted a cut if/ when you sell :oops:

id keep em as they are and then do black/polished centres at a later date.

Yeah, i think il leave them silver and when i get borred after a while il get some wider rims get the centres done black and put her on Coilies!

ET 41, so with adaptors on should bring it round the et21 mark ish, which will hopefully fit perfect! I hope!

Ryan

Just wondering if you have a G60 or VR6 mate, if you have a G60 how are you going to fit them to your rado as adapters don't exist for 4x100PCD-5x120PCD ? Have always liked these and think they would be really nice on a rado but potentially only VR6 due to fitment ? Think they would be ace with black centres and the polished outer with stainless bolts, kinda like these ones ?

Copyofrefurb2.jpg

Copyofrefurb4.jpg

DSC05746.jpg

Go for BMW nogaro silver centres its like an anthracite and is a bit different from the usual silver or black centres

My mate is trying to convinde me to buy his wheels (same as these) and colour code or paint them black. Im so tempted as they look fecking gorgeous!!!

It wont limit you too much if you colour code, as you can always get them refurbed anyway, or the new owner can. But if you stay black, then youve got the best of both worlds ;)