NickVR6

Quickest car you've been in, owned and most interesting....

Fastest car I've driven i is an M reg Porsche 911 Carrera 2, I've been a passenger on a fast lap in a Porsche 928 race car which was 450bhp.

I used to work for someone who owned a 2wd Sierra Saphire Cosworth, That was quickish, but a little dissapointing. A mate has just bought a Subara WRX which should go well once re-mapped.

My fastest car is either my Corrado 162bhp 152Ibft or a Seat Leon Cupra, which would've been revo'd if I kept it. The Leon felt quicker, but I can keep up with a friends one, so they are probably pretty close.

Another freind has a Leon Cupra TDI which is revo'd, that really pushes you back into your seat, I've not checked, but he says it should be 190bhp and 290Ibft.

I've been on a couple of Suzuki Bandits as a passanger, the first was a 600, which was nowhere near as fast as I expected, the other is a 1200, which went quite well, my mate managing to get the front wheel hovering through 1st and 2nd and caining it up to 130mph before slowing for the next bend, I think the 911 would give that a run for it's money though.

mte what the bloody hell happened there were u ok?

I spent a lot of time in that BM but unfortunately on one Friday afternoon we were on our way to Churt driving along damp country roads and the back end went on an uphill S bend at about 75! We shot up the bank, barrel rolled and landed on the roof and slid down the road until we hit the bank on the other side which flipped us back on to our wheel facing the way we'd come :shock:

Car was totalled - you can't see it in the pic but the roof actually ripped off the rear 'c' pillers! None of us were injured badly - cuts, scratches and bruises... was somewhat suprised the air bags didn't go though :?

I must admit that i've been quite fortunate in my life and working for an investment bank I have been lent a few sweet cars in my time.

The quickest, without a doubt would have to be the Murcielago I took down to Monaco just over a year ago. I managed just over 180 in it and was absolutely s*it scared. But what a car, it took nearly £300 of fuel to get from Loughton to Monaco....but it did only take 11 and a bit hours!!!!

The fastest i've owned, funnily enough was an old BM 750i that someone had put nitrous on (???!?) I owned it for about a week and made a £250 profit on it :D

Fastest i've been in a car - the year before the Murcielago I was driven down to the Monaco GP in a Diablo 6.0 VT and although the speedo never appeared to go over the magical 200 we apparently hit 201mph and that was a reading from the cars black box so must be fairly accurate. There are pictures of that car on http://www.wreckedexotics.com but I think they're in the archive now!!

Most interesting - another mates '82 Aston V8 Vantage in bright red. Absolutely everyone stares at it, no matter who they are. And it chucks so much unburnt fuel out the back it's verging on ridiculous. Good however when you're being tailgated!! Again, a picture of this car is on http://www.exoticspotter.com taken in St Tropez.

Cheers

Quickest car Ive been in has been a new 928 GT back in 1993..........even drove it for about 10 miles 8)

Quickest ive owned is obviously my 993 C4

most interesting car ive owned is my UR-quattro that i had 10yrs ago

Potentially the fastest car ive been in is my bosses Boxster. The 2.7 version. Although we didnt go over 60 as were in a town. Fastest ive ever been in a car is 140mph in a ROVER 220 Turbo. (grandad car)

Quickest accelerating car ive been in and driven has to be a Honda CRX Jap import, with the glass roof.

Fastest car ive owned is my G60 (my 3rd car).

my mate andy green give me a go of his gaffer's car (think he was called dickie noble or something)took it for a spin when we were in the black rock desert in nevada. anyway this car was proper fast!!!! had a stupid name though, it'll come to me later? anyway this thing had a strange speedo so not sure how fast but it made a boom type sound at a certain speed!,not sure how fast i went, shat myself when it made the boom sound! it handled like a pig on roller skates though! think the shockers were on the way out! oh yeah, think it was called thrust scc....!

yes the above is all bullsxxt, just wanted to be a big man! :(

fastest car owned-my very own vr

fastest car drove-a wedge shaped tvr thingy (proper fast & handled fab)

once again, i'm very sorry! :oops:

being a nipper the fastest ive owned and driven is my G60 now, all smiles there :)

the fastest ive been in is probably my m8s 300bhp cupra r. but my dads mk1 mustang has the best noise to it! all 5.8 litres of it!

not the fastest but the most scary/interesting was a ride in a pug 206 rally car which was just mental, the way it got chucked round corners was just unreal!

Fastest car iv ever been in was my mates Sierra RS500. We rebuilt the engine with a 'large sum of money' this thing was loopy, approx 650BHP at the rear wheels!! :crazyeyes:

Fastest iv ever driven was a mates MR2 Turbo.

And the fastest car iv ever owned is my old Raddo!

fastest i have driven was my mates supercharged 350z. estimated 450bhp, it was just silly...! tried switching the traction control off to have a bit of fun and the damn thing kept coming back on and ruining it... stupidly quick but not an everyday car... drove a 911 carrera 3 once too, not as quick as the Nissan but deffo something you could drive everyday - sheer class!

fastest i have been in, other than the 350z, was a sierra cossie when i was ickle. it was what started my obsession with cars... it probably wasnt anything special by todays standards but as a kid i loved the whooooosh and the feeling of being thrown back in my seat when the driver put his foot down. its long gone now :( but on discussing it with my uncle - whos friend owned it - apparently it was brand spanking new and modified - round about the 300bhp mark...

fastest i have owned was my last rado - 2ltr 16v with KRcam mod - nothing spectacular but loads of fun...

Fastest been in:My mates dad took me out in his ferrari 355 berlinetta, then even quicker was his new 550 maranello.... Absolutely mental!!!!! On the speedo 100mph is where 40mph wouldbe on a normal car!!!!!!!!!

Quirky car: mk2 golf syncro 4wd powerslides on roundabouts that thing was so agricultral........ :mrgreen:

Quickest car I've been in has to be my mates 2 ltr turbo Nova (purple one on 928 rims) 270BHP + 40 shot of Nos.

Quickest car owned will be my 16v Turbo Corrado when I get it back

Potentially the fastest car ive been in is my bosses Boxster. The 2.7 version. Although we didnt go over 60 as were in a town. Fastest ive ever been in a car is 140mph in a ROVER 220 Turbo. (grandad car)

Odd the fastest I've been in my G60 was about 140 while racing spanking some guy in a Rover 220 Turbo :lol:

Still we don't talk about that.... as you never know who's listening :roll:

Lol. I think its funny that the fastest ive ever been was in a rover.

I wasnt driving, so mr :lcop: cannot hurt me.

We were racing a bmw 325i at the time. 3 up in the rover, against the loan driver bmw. It was pretty even until 140, when he backed off, and so did my mate.

My mate rallys too, so he is a good driver, which might have helped.

Fastest I have ever driven was in my old rado VR6 (redlined 5th). Fastest car driven would be a Gallardo (though the F 550m would be close)

Fastest cars I have been in are a couple of 911 Turbo's (996) one was being driven by a race driver (don't recall name) on a track v quickly. Other one was my in-laws, running the power pack (~450bhp) very much like a GT2, it was very very quick and made me feel ill @ cadwell. Sadly a tree ended that car.

Quickest owned, oddly I still think my old VR6 was (felt) quicker than my Storm :?: had a GT Four Carlo Sainz for a while (company car tho) very quick off the mark, horid for overtaking.

:roll: :twisted: i own it... 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra (4.6L supercharged)

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

as i would almost call it stupid fast... it hasn't been dyno'd yet, but if it doesn't put out 550hp i'm going to be seriously pissed... actually angry... but here in the states, this is THE car to beat... they run a 12.4 stock and bolt on mods will hit 10.9's in the 1/4 mile... mines well completely "bolted on" as it gets... soon will be a new more efficient charger after the Rado's up and running... i would like to run it against some upper class cars, but people just look at my car in freight cause it's so loud and stomping on it anywhere below 60mph causes it to break loose... (had a kid i know in his lambo gallardo just straight out say my cobra is faster so he doesn't even want to race me and chance getting caught... easy to own a car like that when your dad owns a porsche, bmw, audi, vw, mazda, pontiac, buick, and mercury dealer... i hope i didn't forget any haha the bastard has my rabbit now, i want it back)

Fastest I've driven would probably be an A4 2.8 Quattro that we had at work.

Fastest Ive been a passenger in (or at least it felt fcking fast! :lol: ) would probably be my mates Sierra Cosworth he used to have.

Fastest Ive owned would be the 'rado ;)

Not sure about the most interesting, can't say I've driven anything that was rare or anything!

... drove a 911 carrera 3 once too, not as quick as the Nissan but deffo something you could drive everyday - sheer class!

just getting visions of you drivng a 3 wheeler 911 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fastest car i've been in Corrado VR6T Syncro 478bhp.

Fastest i've driven, Aston Martin DB7 Vantage.

Fastest car I've ever been in was a friends Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale (now sold and back in a Scoob (with 501bhp)). Braking from 190mph into a tight right on track made me feel ill. Drove our company sales directors ordinary 360 a week or two later on the road and couldn't see the speedo, but the rev counter was at 8.5k in 5th, whatever that equates to. The fastest road car by far was a test drive in a Litchfield Impreza Type 25. My mate with the 360CS couldn't keep up with my 265bhp Impreza WRX PPP (fastest I've owned, 4.8s and quoted 155mph, although I've had it off the clock (160+)) on a typical British B-road, so I know he wouldn't stand a chance against a 450bhp variant with race tuned suspension. This car over all others proves the theory that power is nothing without control, and on the road top speed counts for very little, rather the ability to access the power more of the time in control and safety. Even the Gp.N Mitsubishi Evo5 I drove on track was no match. Also driven a variety of Cossie's, Evo's, Scoobs (up to 560bhp), Lotus' and of course my old 'Rado. Just awaiting a spin in my mates new Ariel Atom with the charged CTR engine. With the new cams, intake, filter and BB, and map'd to suit it should be around 340bhp, and weigh in at 450kg. He is the first to admit though that even this cannot compete against a sorted Impreza on a twisty, undulating and dirty British B-road. On a fast flowing A-road however, there is very little that could trouble it, car or bike, and he's proven it so far against all comers.

Ooh, almost forgot. Another mate took me for a spin in his Noble M12 GTO 3R (I think). The car had been the factory development mule and so had lots of uprated bits, including the turbo's from the M400. Blisteringly quick on the road and go-kart-like handling. He sold it after just 3 months due to reliability (lack of), expense (£3k service looming), jealous pikey/chav attention, a bad back and a loss of desire to drive it. Went back to a Scoob, naturally.

went out in an amg slk with 400 bhp the other night was driven by an ex racer most fun ive had in ages guy could really drive turned the TC off to show me how scary the handling was without it still managed a 130 mph drift uphill so cant be that bad!

fastest car ive been in and owned lotus 111s

lotus.jpg

but i have to say the fastest thing i have owned is an R1 and my current zx6 (not for out right speed but just how it handles)

Fastest car I've ever been in was a friends Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale (now sold and back in a Scoob (with 501bhp)). Braking from 190mph into a tight right on track made me feel ill. Drove our company sales directors ordinary 360 a week or two later on the road and couldn't see the speedo, but the rev counter was at 8.5k in 5th, whatever that equates to. The fastest road car by far was a test drive in a Litchfield Impreza Type 25. My mate with the 360CS couldn't keep up with my 265bhp Impreza WRX PPP (fastest I've owned, 4.8s and quoted 155mph, although I've had it off the clock (160+)) on a typical British B-road, so I know he wouldn't stand a chance against a 450bhp variant with race tuned suspension. This car over all others proves the theory that power is nothing without control, and on the road top speed counts for very little, rather the ability to access the power more of the time in control and safety. Even the Gp.N Mitsubishi Evo5 I drove on track was no match. Also driven a variety of Cossie's, Evo's, Scoobs (up to 560bhp), Lotus' and of course my old 'Rado. Just awaiting a spin in my mates new Ariel Atom with the charged CTR engine. With the new cams, intake, filter and BB, and map'd to suit it should be around 340bhp, and weigh in at 450kg. He is the first to admit though that even this cannot compete against a sorted Impreza on a twisty, undulating and dirty British B-road. On a fast flowing A-road however, there is very little that could trouble it, car or bike, and he's proven it so far against all comers.

Ooh, almost forgot. Another mate took me for a spin in his Noble M12 GTO 3R (I think). The car had been the factory development mule and so had lots of uprated bits, including the turbo's from the M400. Blisteringly quick on the road and go-kart-like handling. He sold it after just 3 months due to reliability (lack of), expense (£3k service looming), jealous pikey/chav attention, a bad back and a loss of desire to drive it. Went back to a Scoob, naturally.

:shock:

fancy swapping friends :-P