herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Well spent some more time on the car saturday. Firstly we scanned it, and it came up no errors. Took it out for a spin and Kev seems to think that's just how quick it is, both him and Neil said it's fast but I guess I was just expecting it to be faster :( I won't know for certain how fast it is until I get it on some rollers but it looks like I might have just built up my expectations too high for the power :( I will be saving for a turbo!

We also swapped the interiors finally ... what a job! :shock: We didn't realise just how much of the beige interior trim is beige etc, we started way too late really and finished at like 11pm, a few hours with light and a good few hours with just floodlights. Won't be doing that again in a hurry :lol:

Neil seemed really pleased with my interior though which I'm happy about and I am happy with how the beige is looking in mine! I took a few pics of the process and need to get some of it now complete. I will post them up soon I promise :lol:

interesting...

I was out in an audi TT 3.2 dsg on friday, and although nice, my corrado completely marmalised it in a straight line drag.

The only difference between the cars apart from the 250kg weight, is my engine has high lift cams and a remap, aswell as a quality exhaust on it, but i think the main thing is the gearing. My gears are much closer spaced together to enable rapid acceleration.

everyone who has been in my car has been amazed at the pace of it.

interesting...

I was out in an audi TT 3.2 dsg on friday, and although nice, my corrado completely marmalised it in a straight line drag.

The only difference between the cars apart from the 250kg weight, is my engine has high lift cams and a remap, aswell as a quality exhaust on it, but i think the main thing is the gearing. My gears are much closer spaced together to enable rapid acceleration.

everyone who has been in my car has been amazed at the pace of it.

Yeah I was going off what you have been saying about yours tbh, and Pete's for that matter who also said his was rapid. But as Kev said, people all have a different perception of speed and I was brought up racing motorbikes so to me if it's not R1 quick it's just not quick :lol: I'm sure its down on power though, to me it feels like a fast VR and not as quick as it felt Rotrexed and it should be about the same power.

We thought the flat spot could be my manky small cone filter strangling it a bit, so we even ran it with a cut up sieve as the filter :lol: still no difference really. I think the flat spot could possibly be my clutch letting go, it doesn't slip but I get like a high "woooo" sound if that makes sense :lol:

Yeah I was going off what you have been saying about yours tbh, and Pete's for that matter who also said his was rapid. But as Kev said, people all have a different perception of speed and I was brought up racing motorbikes so to me if it's not R1 quick it's just not quick

Dude...check my signature, I have rode big bikes all my life, so I know what fast is.

Dude...check my signature, I have rode big bikes all my life, so I know what fast is.

Yeah I thought that which is why I thought it would be really quick. It should be able to play with porsches but at the min I feel it would be eaten by one!

Excuse my ignorance but does it just need a remap on the rollers? Also whats your exhaust system like?

On a positive the beige looks good 8)

Matt

well if it just feels like a fast VR then something is definately wrong, as out of the box they have an extra 60bhp dont they!

have you vag commed it yet?

Oooooooooh :fondle:

Rob mate, just get it down to Stealth, reflash the ECU with the standard software and see what numbers it puts down. At least then you'll know for sure if it's mechanical or mapping related :D

it surely sounds like its just not running right? against petes comments it doesn't marry up.

Coxy - what cams have you got fitted? If they have an effect similar to that of the 263s in the 12v, then it could well make a large difference. After having the 263s fitted to my 12v the car just felt so much more responsive and urgent - it really woke the engine up and delivered a different drive.

My cams are unspecified leon - they were ripped out of a smashed r32 that was done at amd.

The cams could well make a big difference to the character and response of the engine, must be a combination of that and the gearing.

its not his leather, as I have the same :grin:

Excuse my ignorance but does it just need a remap on the rollers? Also whats your exhaust system like?

On a positive the beige looks good 8)

Matt

It's been mapped, not on the rollers mind but it's got the exact same software setup and map etc as a MK2 Vince had done before which was knocking on 280bhp and was quoted as "almost undrivable in a Mk2" so obviously my expectations were high. I do need to get it on the rollers though, need to organise a Rolling Road day there really as that would be the only way I could afford it at the min, why did I buy a house now! :brickwall: :lol:

The exhaust is all good, Dubpower 6-branch, decat and Miltek cat-back! No restrictions there 8)

i have driven fast cars most of my life (impreza wr1, evo, now an m5) trust me - the 'rado is feckkkkkkkking rapid when properly setup and running 100% :)

nice interior btw 8)

i have driven fast cars most of my life (impreza wr1, evo, now an m5) trust me - the 'rado is feckkkkkkkking rapid when properly setup and running 100% :)

nice interior btw 8)

pics

nice interior btw 8)

Well mine can't be running 100% then because to me it just feels like a quick car not a fekkkkkkkkkkking rapid one :lol: Stealth Rolling Road day anyone? :lol:

I'll let you have a drive of the R32 when you get it down to Kevs to do the Heated Seat Wiring :)

That would be cooooooool Neil :cheers:

Well mine can't be running 100% then because to me it just feels like a quick car not a fekkkkkkkkkkking rapid one :lol: Stealth Rolling Road day anyone? :lol:

Can you not just have a little drag race with a std VR :norty:

one :lol: Stealth Rolling Road day anyone? :lol:

There is a thread about one. I found that mine doesnt feel amazingly fast, it is faster than it feels though. The best thing is you can drive it on half throttle and its almost as quick as full throttle. Surely it must drive/pull so much better than your old engine?