herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

weighing up a potential project Matt? ;)

LOL No quite happy for now. Next step is to get the chassis 100%. My mums new Mk4 Golf gti is faster around the Peak District than my car :(

I'm not too far away from you though Rob if you do want to come and have a play :grin:

I'll let you have a drive of the R32 when you get it down to Kevs to do the Heated Seat Wiring :)

Christ don't do that Neil, he won't give the keys back once he experiences the flappy paddle goodness :D But it will demonstrate that R32s aren't as quick as he thinks they are :D

IMO the engine works well in it's intended platform, if a little slow due to the weight. But for a Corrado install, I reckon losing the variable intake in favour of a HGP short runner + Schimmel 264 cams and it will scream. Corrados are all about being ragged and that's the kind of power curve it should have imo. All bottom end and flat as East Anglia past 4K is just dull imo :D

I thought the hgp runner fouled the slam panel in a Corrado? Not sure who said/confirmed that, but seem to recall it!

Well I've booked it in to Stealth on friday for it's MOT and for a session on the rollers to see what its kicking out. Hopefully there's something simple wrong with it that we can fix there and then and I can have a fun drive home!

I'm gunna be living on super noodles for the next few months I think :( I've spent/spending way too much money considering beginning of Nov I have house fees etc to pay! :(

Getting onto the housing market and owning an R32 Corrado at your age is bloody impressive. Stop being so negative! :D

One question does still remain though, what are going to do with all that cream??! :lol:

Getting onto the housing market and owning an R32 Corrado at your age is bloody impressive. Stop being so negative! :D

One question does still remain though, what are going to do with all that cream??! :lol:

Mmmmmmm creamy goodness 8)

yeah y'miserable bastard - super noodles are lush! :D

yeah y'miserable bastard - super noodles are lush! :D

This is true! :cheers:

Speaking of fast food, I finally got Kev to eat a KFC on Saturday night after the interior install; Years ago whenever I used to see him he would order 6 Crispy Strip meals without drinks. I remember even the KFC looking at him as if he was bonkers :lol:

He said he never really eats them anymore, but I knew he'd never be able to resist the Colonels secret recipe ;)

Speaking of fast food, I finally got Kev to eat a KFC on Saturday night after the interior install; Years ago whenever I used to see him he would order 6 Crispy Strip meals without drinks. I remember even the KFC looking at him as if he was bonkers :lol:

He said he never really eats them anymore, but I knew he'd never be able to resist the Colonels secret recipe ;)

:lol: KFC is always good after a days work I feel!

I heard that Kev doesn't eat anything other than cheese and ham these days! :ignore:

I heard that Kev doesn't eat anything other than cheese and ham these days! :ignore:

Washed down with a gallon or two of RedBull, if rumours are to be believed... :lol:

Washed down with a gallon or two of RedBull, if rumours are to be believed... :lol:

Yep the rumours are definitely true on that one, if you open the passenger door there is an avalanche of empty red bull cans! :lol:

I thought I could feel my ears burning, LOL!

Best thing about the interior swap day was the 4 bottles of beer I'd stashed in the tool box. It's tradition to have a beer and a fag before starting any jobs on the car :D

Yep the rumours are definitely true on that one, if you open the passenger door there is an avalanche of empty red bull cans! :lol:

I always said Audioscape should've made a one-off set of 'Red Bull Can holder' door pods for Kev :lol:

Beers and Coffee first thing in the morning were a good call :salute:

Well I spent most of yesterday on Stealth's rollers and I now know what power she's kicking out, and the result is ............. 278bhp! 8) Not too shabby! BUT and that's a big round full bodied BUT, there is a HUGE flat spot in the torque curves at 2k! We compared the torque curves to a standard remapped Mk5 R32 and the torque shoots up straight away, then stays up and starts to fade off after 4k. Mine however shoots up but then at 2k it shoots down to hardly anything, then goes up, down a bit then up and fades out. So the only time my car feels like it's shifting is over 4k and then when the power is actually fading out!

We noticed that it's when the inlet opens that the torque goes right down. So we opened the flap, we like a good flap opening ;), but couldnt see a problem with it, it turned freely and lined up correctly with the short intake and the long intake. We tested it by holding the flap open which should give us the top end power but no low down torque ... it did 278bhp top power to be precise on the best run. Then we held it closed which should have shot the torque right up but gave hardly any power ... it didn't the torque was exactly the same but had no top end power. So we figure the problem MUST be something broke inside the inlet manifold causing there to be no real difference between the long or short intake.

I had many runs and we tried many things but just couldn't put a finger on it. So I got it MOT'd (which it passed by the way 8) ) and then I left. I am going to go back soon as Jon is getting an R32 lump soon to replace the one that fudged up in his Bora so he will have all the inlect etc available. So we're going to try his inlet on my car, run it on the rollers and see if that fixes it and if it does I'll have his inlet and then we are going to do a custom remap for my car as the ones so far have just been copied and they aren't the best for my setup.

So it's getting there, at least it's not running on 5 cylinders and it's making good power! Just means I'll have to fork out for another inlet and more roller time, great! :(

Vince and the guys have been awesome though, can't thank them enough :notworthy:

Good stuff!

Shame my 24V inlet mani is a 2.8 one otherwise you could have it, but the throttle opening is a lot smaller :?

Oh yeah, forgot you had that. Oh well won't fit anyway. I'm not sure if the Mk4 R32 one is the same or not though.

the 2.8 manifold is completely different, just smaller everywhere, I dont think it will fit.

Whether barrel mechainism inside fits or not i am not sure, that could be worth a try!

On yours Coxy, if you whap open the throttle quickly at idle, does the plenum immediately after the throttle collapse in from the suction? Rob's does. I thought it was just because of the schitty plastic VW use, but it could indicate a problem?

Wow! Thats some good power from that lump!

Hope that the tourqe problem is a easy fix! Great work so far! :luvlove:

erm, they do indeed breath quite a bit, but they shouldnt collapse?

when you plant the throttle it should actually expand as the throttle body is opened and the air rushes in. It will contract when you lift off the throttle.

I noticed the 2.8 one did it a hell of a lot more than the 3.2 one.