Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

MMM... What should I do ????? Now with Pics!!!

OK, seen as I have too many cars floating about.... The Mrs has told me that some have to go :cry:

I have a family car that we both use Audi A4 Tdi Quattro....

An Audi 80 Cab 2.3 which needs a new gear box!!!

Audi A3 1.6sport 3dr 1999 with only 50k but pretty guttless really!!!

I have decided that both cars above will be sold as I never get to use them!!! Although I do have a soft spot for the Audi Cab, always liked them and look pretty cool... :)

My main dilema is these 2 cars:

BMW M3 (E36) coupe LHD 3.0 5speed, absolutely mint condition in Dakar Yellow.... When I say mint I mean mint... although 80k miles the car has been well looked after and been in storage for the past 6 years ish!!!

AND

My Corrado Vr6 1996.... Which I also love to bits....

Driving both cars they are awesome in their own rights.... I drive the Corrado daily ish so ATM driving the M3 is slightly more of a pleasure...

On a serious note... which one would you keep???? I don't want to sell any of them but too much capital in both which I could do with investing in other things....

Advice please!!!! :roll:

And some pics....

Excuse the dirt as has been sat in storage for some time now... Engine could do with a quick dust!!!!

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

Hang on... you're asking a Corrado forum whether you should keep the common-as-muck-every-salesman has one BMW or the classic, rare pleasure that is a Corrado? :lol:

Hang on... you're asking a Corrado forum whether you should keep the common-as-muck-every-salesman has one BMW or the classic, rare pleasure that is a Corrado? :lol:

I know what your saying Dinkus, but the E36 M3 IMO is becoming a classic in its own right too....

I think the E46's are now the salesman type, but seriously the E36 M3 is a cracking car, so race bread and great handling too, if you can control the rear end..... No trackion control on the early ones :roll:

I paid big money for it years ago, but their current value is on par with some high end VR6's... and your getting alot of car for your money considering its original retail value!!!!

I do love my C.... Just wish I could keep them both :wink:

Heh heh yeah, they're not bad cars I was just suggesting that if you're asking on here then you may get a slightly biased answer.

Unless of course, you're already made your decision and you're just asking on here to prove you've made the right one? ;) :lol:

The only thing thats annoying me slightly with the C is the Miles are on 146k.... and although all is sweet as a nut, I'm sure the chains will need doing soon with that sort of mileage????

So thats a dent in my pocket of £500-£1000 (owch)!!!:)

Don't do it Marcus!!!!

You know you'll only regret it. Sure the Beemer is a tool, and probably a 'better' car to be fair, but it just isn't a rado mate.

Don't do it Marcus!!!!

You know you'll only regret it. Sure the Beemer is a tool, and probably a 'better' car to be fair, but it just isn't a rado mate.

I know Will....

I love my Corrado to bits and I've really learnt how to throw it around.... Its just the M3 owes me big money...

I think I'll advertise the M3 first and see what interest I get... TBH I can't see me selling the C, I've put alot into it with interior chsnges and Dash in and out!!!!! Plus my personal touches....

Yeah my C can't ever go now - it owes me far too much money! I've probably spent 3 times what its worth.

But sensible isn't one of my qualities to be fair :)

E-36 M3's are just soooo much metal for your money at the mo its unreal..............................5years from now,when most of the E-36 bucket's have gone they will no doubt achieve classic status(especially the non-EVO versions)

I'd be inclined to sell the C and keep the M3............if it was me in that position,although I wouldn't sell mine to buy a M3 if you already have it i'd try and keep hold of it

E-36 M3's are just soooo much metal for your money at the mo its unreal..............................5years from now,when most of the E-36 bucket's have gone they will no doubt achieve classic status(especially the non-EVO versions)

I'd be inclined to sell the C and keep the M3............if it was me in that position,although I wouldn't sell mine to buy a M3 if you already have it i'd try and keep hold of it

I've had an M3 Evo Cab in the past 1999, and although it has the refinements I couldn't beleive how much faster and better the 3.0 5speed was.... BMW really did hit the nail on the head with the early M3's!!!

Pedal to the floor through a series of carriage ways and round abouts is absolutely amazing!!! That M3 lump is so responsive, pure evil :evil:

And Its Yellow :) I thought all E36 M3's were 3.2's with 320Bhp??

Ahh... no!!! Early M3's were 3.0ltr with a 5spd box..... Fax and figures say the evo is quicker, but hell no they're wrong!!!

The early M3 E36's a leathal... Realy race tuned and weight less!!!

TBH once you drive one, they really are amazig and rapid cars...

OK, seen as I have too many cars floating about.... The Mrs has told me that some have to go :cry:

You're selling the two Audi's.Dealt with.

She did say some have to go-not all,yes?

Are you a millionaire perchance? That seems like an awful lot of machinery you have there for one so young(relatively).

I think the Corrado must stay.I know nothing about the M3,it's probably a better car as far as performance goes,and I like the interior,but aesthetically the Corrado kicks its yellow ars* all over the place.

Mtc32 Wrote

Ahh... no!!! Early M3's were 3.0ltr with a 5spd box..... Fax and figures say the evo is quicker, but hell no they're wrong!!!

The early M3 E36's a leathal... Realy race tuned and weight less!!!

Was the Evo M3 you drove running on all cylinders ? im on my 3rd M3 now which is an E46 Cab, previously i had a E36 Evo coupe and before that i had a E36 non evo coupe. The evo coupe i had was the fastest of all 3 of them, it was only a tiny bit faster than the E46 which i put down to the 1/2 tonne weight difference or so, but it was a good chunk faster than the 3.0 M3 i had, the extra gear in the gearbox and extra 42 horse power was the obvious reason !!

As VR6Storm wrote, E36's are soo cheap @ the minute its unreal i struggled to get £8500 in part ex for my 1999 EVO coupe 62k miler & it had the right spec, (estoril blue, vader seats etc) and that was against a 30k car !

The non Evo cars are a much better car to be bought cheaply tho, the twin VANOS system on the EVO cars is very unreliable, i had to change mine @ 40k and it cost £1400-00 in parts to do it myself, it was rattling when i part exed the car again so needed changing again !! Imagine if that happned on a "bargain" 4k car you had just bought !!!!

Funnily enough my first M3 was also a left hooker altho it was a silver one, i bought mine in 1999, a LHD drive one was about 4k cheaper @ the time and it was all i could afford. Never could get used to sitting on the wrong side tho !!!!

Jimmi...........................

I'd sell the M3 if it were me as I hate yellow!! :-)

I always found the E36 3.0 to be a little underwhelming performance wise, but it's like Supercharged VR6s....you don't get any sensation of mega pull, but the mph needle begs to differ :-) It's just very refined. I don't like the E36 steering either, too vague and light and too many turns lock-lock.

With all that in mind, the Corrado would stay for me. It too has it's faults, but they're all easily rectified with cheap mods. The BMW's faults are fundamental (imo) and can't be changed as easily or cheaply.

Well I've slept on it and no matter how mint the M3 is..... I love my Corrado too much!!!

The Corrado's like a go kart and keeps up with most things.... I like the understatedness of the "C" and like you said Kev (Cheap to Mod)

Anyhow I have too many plans for the C in progress, As slow as they are!!!