EllieB

Model corrado

ok the question about what to do with the windows .

In my time i have had to paint around transparent plastics .the way i made shure not to paint the plastic was to use copydex glue as it is latex based once it drys it goes kinda cloudy just make shure that their are no holes in the glue once it dry's if it has go over it again with another layer of glue .

once this has all dryed spray the parts with your colour of choice .

once you have finished spraying compleatly rub off the copydex glue as its latex based it will happily come off with a good rub.

hope this helps some one

I had thought about blue tack, sqeezing it into all the nooks and crannies, then peeling it off?

There are a couple of ways of doing it....

Big areas: Mask off with masking tape

Smaller areas: Humbrol liquid mask (you can get it from Hobbycraft and the like)

As with a full size car its the prepartation that takes the time but pays dividends in the end.

Adam

what kinda of preperation and whats the best paint to use?

and how does Humbrol liquid mask work?

If I was doing it I would use model paint but bearing in mind that your painting white you may end up doing a million coats cos white model paint is notoriously thin and doesn't cover well.

Having said that I think someone else on here is using the correct colour (automotive) paint so you might be better using that, after all you could rub it down top get a good finish just like a normal panel (on a real car)

I would rub the model down so that they paint has a good surface to key into.

Humbrol liquid mask is this purple/pink stuff that you paint on into the gaps/difficult to reach places that you can't tape up.

HTH

Ad

picked up one at the Essen Techno Classica at the weekend for 27Euros... the numpty trader was advertising them as Black or Blue... I naturally opted for Black to match mine and then discovered that they're only in Blackberry and Blue.

One should read this type of thread before blundering blindly... still at least previous posts prove that it's easy enough to dismantle and correct ;-)

What was the show like? Was there a nice big Scirocco-presence (IG53 or Scirocco Original AG)?

Tempest

Grand Prix Legends are out of stock, and don't know when they are getting any in, but are happy to show them as available on their website, and take your (my) money.....

I just rang them, and they have no scheduled delivery for them, but again, are more than happy to relieve me of my cash.

does anyone have a site that definately has them in stock?

The 'Corrada' guy off ebay definitley has them.

You might not get the right colour though :roll:

What was the show like? Was there a nice big Scirocco-presence (IG53 or Scirocco Original AG)?

Tempest

fantastic show - i've never been before. only downer was that the water pump on our Touareg imploded about 12kms short of Venlo on the way back... turned out VW issued a recall for water pump faults only the previous Monday, so had to abandon the beast and come home in a dealership Sharan! now have to go back this weekend again to collect the Touareg, it's costing a fortune in ferry crossings!!!

...only saw one bright orange 'Rocco and a Tornado G60 'Rado, both were on the VW stand in Hall 7 - i think they were both from the company collection at Wolfsburg... looked stunning though!!

Ordered mine the other night on ebay!! Picking up some moonlight blue from VW tomorrow! Yay for moding models!

been busy with mine, need to spray it, but at least i have my clear rear lights!

100_1166.jpg

100_1165.jpg

100_1163.jpg

100_1161.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

and my clear rear lights...

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

and finished..

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00871.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

I'm well chuffed!

I just smoked my taillights in an attempt to get them closer to my smoked InPros :-) Need to start taking some piccies of mine so far, as most of the work has gone into making the interior to match up that of my real C :-)

Tempest

Well finally have one and just wanted to ask if everyone can see the pictures folk have put on? as I'm having problems viewing them.

And am thinking about giving it the Black Magic treatment! :)

Thanks guys!

Kip.

New 1/43 Corrado models by Norev. These are now available from a number of online shops (Google it) or on Ebay where I found they are cheaper.

Two models. A G60 and a "Doctor on Call" Corrado with emergency lights on the roof.

See pics below.

I see the Scene Tax has already been applied to these by one seller on the Bay. €63 + €14 postage for a G60!