EllieB

Model corrado

A few piccies of a mate of mine's model, sporting new alloy wheels.

He's sending off the parcel with 3 models this Monday :-)

Tempest

Got em yet Eric?

He's sending off the parcel with 3 models this Monday :-)

So that's a no :lol:

Tempest

UPDATE TIME :D

Now with a debadged grill! I cant believe how simple my uncle done it! Originally he thought to cut off the lights from the grill and make a new grill, but that would of meant losing the VR6 badge which i didnt want. So ended up doing this: (excuse quality of pics i only had my mobile!)

He used a dremel to grind the VW badge down to the chrome backing.

grinding.jpg

And with a modelling scalpel neatened it up and made the slats a little deeper to allow added plastic:

debadged.jpg

Then he added the new slats which were strips cut from an A4 sheet of modelling plastic and glued in place:

added-slats.jpg

And finally were painted black (including the chrome behind it due to it being ground right down) and this is how it looks on the model :D:

grill-painted.jpg

And the final model as it is:

model.jpg

Im so chuffed with the grill, it looks absolutely spot on to the real thing and took about 10 mins to do! We had a play with some different wheels, cutting them rims off and adding to various spokes etc but it was looking doubtful so the hunt continues!!

Now you can all get debadging :lol:

Looking good Rob!

When do your wheels arrive?

I didnt order them in the end, i thought i did but not understanding german i ended up holding them ready to order :lol: but decided not to get them in the end as they were too big which seems the case with most the wheels available. They were 28mm which multiplied by 18 gives 504 which works out to be the equivilent of 19-20" rims :lol:

I need to find a car with similar wheels for it to look in proportion and not mahoosive like all the other modded models out there!!

as i posted but people ignored, where is the best place to get one from as ive seen 3 places within this post....

as i posted but people ignored, where is the best place to get one from as ive seen 3 places within this post....
#

Kev got his from http://www.modelenium.co.uk Neil so could try there.

They sell burgundy ones now Rob - bummer after you went to all that effort!

Oh - that Modelenium place is in Warwick. I live in Warwick pretty much. Will have to drop by and see if they have any of the Corrado models in their shop..

#

Kev got his from http://www.modelenium.co.uk Neil so could try there.

They sell burgundy ones now Rob - bummer after you went to all that effort!

Yeah the one i got was burgundy but i sprayed it blackberry to match mine :lol:

Yeah the one i got was burgundy but i sprayed it blackberry to match mine :lol:

Looked close enough from the crappy pic on their website. Potato, potahto!

:)

just ordered mine, cant wait to get it and spray it white and mod the grill, wheels (going to spray them shinier silver) rear lights.

just ordered mine, cant wait to get it and spray it white and mod the grill, wheels (going to spray them shinier silver) rear lights.

Neil when you spray it make sure the room/garage is warm as mine wasnt and mine hasn't got a very good finish to it and have had to apply loads of lacquer to smooth it off.

I polished it lastnight to see if it would come up a bit better and it did look a bit smoother but not perfect, but it looks good enough so not bothered really.

got my model out of box, its blue, but the rubstrips down the side are in silver........:lol:

gash, i'll have to paint them

Yeah they all seem to have silver side strips for some reason, very odd :? Im going to paint mine back on as at the minute they are blackberry with the rest of the shell 8)

i'll paint mine black for now.

i think i'll get mine sprayed in classic green pearl too, when my real corrado goes into bodyshop i'll get them to do it