EllieB

Model corrado

More pics for y'all. I gave it its last (i think!) layer of lacquer, let it dry a bit and then just placed the shell on the base, put the front bumper back on and the rear lights (which aren't the best of jobs but look good enough!). Its starting to take shape now :D

(yes i know the numberplate sticker is really on the pi$$ :lol:)

Wonder if I can find a model supply company that makes 1/18 scale G60 engines to replace that nasty, heavy VR6 lump :D

Someone on the German Radoforum is actually looking into this issue, as he, too has a US-G60 like me :-) Also hoping he might be able to replicate the ELRA :-)

Tempest

I'm not impressed! Now all the paint and lacquer etc has hardened its not a great finish :( the paint is ok and its all even but the lacquer has 'orange peeled' and i have ran out! Back to halfords to get some more then!

Also i didnt get much done over the weekend but will be sorting out the badless grill one night this week and hopefully me wheels will turn up soon (if i actually oredered them properly! :lol:)

even but the lacquer has 'orange peeled'

Wow! It truely is a Corrado scale model in every sense! :)

I'm not impressed! Now all the paint and lacquer etc has hardened its not a great finish :( the paint is ok and its all even but the lacquer has 'orange peeled' and i have ran out! Back to halfords to get some more then!

Great work chap. I wasn't going to bother with a model, but you've inspired me to do a mini-me aswell :-) Quite a few websites now selling them.

To be honest mate, to get the best finish you need one of those mini hobby spray kits with microfine air brushes. Commercial spray cans might be a bit too coarse, but I suppose a cutting back session with some wet and dry might help.

Yeah if i cant get a good enough finish i might have to get the wet and dry out. My uncle inspected it and said i might be able to smooth it off with more lacquer if i completely soak it. What's happened is i have sprayed the lacquer on too thin each time and most probably sprayed it too close so its turned out grainy but if i put more lacquer on so it looks really wet and smooth then that should sort it out (touch wood!).

Like i said in my PM kev it will be interesting to see how you get the engine bay like yours :wink:

Just reminded my German mate about sending me 3 models plus a leather handbrake cover, erm, he openly admitted that he had forgotten to send me anything. Oh well, must be the old age :lol:

So, hoping to get mine soon, and probably start modding it, too, to make it look more like my US-G60.

Tempest

There are already ones on E-Bay that are running BBS rims - stupid prices though

http://url.the-corrado.net/d0913a

:shock: bloody hell how the hell can they charge that! I agree with Tyler R the rims are way too big as well. I have been experiencing this problem whilst looking for wheels, they are all too bloody big!

Got mine last night, and may i say wow at the quality of these models!!

Gonna leave it stock for a while, as I'm so impressed by it!

Good aren't they! :D

I didnt wanna take mine apart because it looked so good anyway but its going to look great when its done.

Speaking of which, im slacking a bit with it at the moment. I have ran out of lacquer so need to get some more and finish the lacquering off! And i still havent made the badgless grill :roll:

Well according to my uncle a piece of pi$$.

On the model standard the grill and lights are one piece of plastic strip so what i need to do is cut off just the lights and attach them as normal and make a new grill out of some strips of plastic and paint them black. I dunno how im going to salvage the VR6 badge though as ideally i want that on :?

I will get some pics up when i make it, which i was hoping to do tonight but am busy now so will have to be another night now!

I got mine from german ebay a while ago but they appear on english ebay as well now and you can get them from some diecast websites now as well.

:lol:

It would be easier and cheaper though!

I didn't think about wheels, I wonder if some of those Tamiya ones would fit from their metal models?

I dunno about easier, diecast parts are a bastard to get hold of!! As long as they are 1:18 scale you could make any wheels fit, but you just might lose the turning capability thats all.

How do they attatch the aftermarket wheels? Is there a technique or do they just glue them inside the arch? If so I can do that myself. :p

The "modded" cars are going for quite a bit. For that price...I'd expect it to be a clean mod.

3 more should be on their journey to me as of yesterday :-)

All have been taken. Just to let the relevant peeps know :-)

Tempest