Sign in to follow this  
tonedef

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but not to Corrados having bought my first one in Jan 95, a Pearl Blue 1.8 16V, if anyone owned G43 KUH since then I'd like to know what happened to it! That one was traded in Sept 00 for a Classic Green VR6 that I have sat in the garage these days. The VR has been off the road since early this year when we bought an Audi S3 so I'm now getting the chance to fix all the bits that were getting shabby; a few panels are being painted, the wheels have been refurbed, driver's seat fixed where I sat down with a screwdriver in my back pocket etc. My next job is gearbox out to do the cam chains and clutch plus oil pump, top end rebuild, the usual for an 11 year old car. Hope to get it back on the road some time in the spring next year.

I was a member of CCGB from the very early days until the end of 2002, member #058 if anyone remembers Tony Dolby from then?

Details:

Corrado VR6 build date 18th May 1995

Classic Green

Grey heated leather interior

113,000 miles

Standard except for:

Koni coilovers

Magnex cat back system

Goodridge brake lines

Thanks for that guys, will keep posting progress as and when any happens! I'd been tempted to go further with upgrading stuff but I think I'm just going to keep it close to standard, I've got the S3 for that anyway :D

PS Sorry about the S3 avatar, still trying to find a pic of the Corrado I can use!

PS Sorry about the S3 avatar, still trying to find a pic of the Corrado I can use!

I wouldnt worry about that. For example there are avatars of 'men' wearing pink shirts... :lol:

Looks like a fun project. Good luck.

nice, there's something quite refined about Classic Green on a C.

couldn't agree more!

I really like it too 8)

welcome to the forum mate, you'll probably find it easier doing any work, if you are a member here, lots of very knowledgable peeps on hand :)

Good luck!

Dave